Chapter Twenty Four: I'm 18! (P2)

Dying Inside:

Chapter 24:

Annaliese's POV:

"Done!" I said to Zayn with a smile. "Ok, take your blindfold off." I carefully took it off so it wouldn't mess up my hair and makeup. "How long did it take me?" I asked him. "Almost 15 minutes." I blushed hard. "Just tell me the next clue." I ran my fingers through my hair. Zayn chuckled and carefully flipped the puzzle over to the backside. GET BACK INTO THE CAR was written on the white background. "Cmon Zen." I joked as we walked to the car. I opened up the door and saw a bunch of pink balloons. "How?" I asked Zayn as he shrugged playfully. "How am I supposed to get in?" I asked him. I turned to see a needle and a note that read POP ME! I carefully tore off the needle and popped the balloons. Small confetti dots fell all over the car as I finally got in. I saw a note on the car seat and I grabbed it before reading

Dear Anna,
I hope you enjoyed doing the puzzle and popping the balloons. Now I'm giving you a new challenge. McKenna told me how much you love being in the sky so I challenge you to a ropes course. Get back into the car and get ready to become a bird.
Love Harry :)

Joke 2:
Q: What kind of horses go out after dusk?
A: Nightmares

I rolled my eyes playfully before Zayn took the note from me. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded. "Let's get it over with."

"Wow." I said to Zayn as I saw how high the ropes course was. "Cool huh?" He asked and I nodded. "Are you going to do it with me?" I asked Zayn and he quickly shook his head. "I don't like heights." I nodded and saw a girl around my age walk over to me. "Hey you must be Annaliese. My name is Hayden." She smiled and shook our hands. "Nice to meet you." I smiled. "Are you ready?" She asked me and I nodded. She took me over to the shed where everyone gets their harnesses and helmets. I got fitted with my helmet and harness and was taken to the main ropes course.

Once I got to the top, I stood on a platform and looked at everything I had to do. "Do you see the pink balloon over there?" Hayden pointed to a light pink balloon really far away from me. I nodded. "What about it?" "That's your next clue." She said. "You ready?" She asked me and I nodded. "Let's do it!" I climbed down onto the rope and carefully started to do the course. I've done a ropes course before but it was when I was younger. I've always loved doing adventurous things especially with my dad. Since McKenna, Carlee, and mama never did anything that made them dirty, dad always took me out to do those things. It was always a lot of fun for the both of us.

"Finished!" I yelled to Zayn, grabbing the balloon. "Well come done!" He yelled back as I climbed down the really long ladder. I tore the envelope off of the balloon string and opened it. GREAT JOB! NOW BACK INTO THE CAR was written in all caps on the index card. Zayn and I both climbed into the black car and my stomach growled a little. "Hungry?" He smirked and I blushed hard. "Doing all of these challenges is hard." I giggled as Zayn told the driver to go to the nearest restaurant.