Chapter Fourteen: Bad News

Dying Inside:

Chapter 14:

Annaliese’s POV:

I felt my whole world shatter as soon as those words left the doctor’s mouth. I can’t believe I need a lung transplant; the chance of living after is good but not great. I looked at my mother as she cried. “Mom, it’s OK.” I said to her and patted her shoulder. She sniffed and dabbed her eyes with the tissue. “I know this is a difficult time. I will give you two some time before having a talk with what’s the next step.” He said to us before leaving. I sighed and ran a shaky hand through my hair. “I can’t believe this is happening.” I whispered to myself before getting down from the bed. Mom got up and hugged me as tight as she could. I hugged her back tightly and held onto her shirt, not wanting her to let go. “I’m so scared.” She said to me. “I’m scared too.” I whispered back.

After the doctor’s appointment, my mom took me to Panera Bread and we took the food home with us. I got Chicken Tortellini Alfredo and a French Baguette. I took it up to my room and sat on the floor with my laptop. I logged onto Netflix and clicked on Unfabulous. A lot of my life is like her, she is very unlucky but she always has her friends and family with her like me. I took a picture and posted it on Instagram with the caption

@ayooanna: tuesday afternoon lunch date

I laid my phone near my side and started eating.

When I finished, I threw my bowl away and took my medicine. I grabbed my laptop and laid on my bed when my phone vibrated. I picked it up to see a text from Zoe.

from: zo-bo <3

how was your doc’s appt?

to: zo-bo <3

there’s bad news..

from: zo-bo <3

what’s wrong?

to: zo-bo <3

I need a lung transplant..

from: zo-bo <3

omg we need an emergency oovoo chat

I turned off Unfabulous and logged onto my Oovoo account. When I saw Zoe was online, I clicked onto her profile and she popped onto the screen. “Hey!” she smiled. “Hey.” I smiled back and put my hair into a messy top bun. A few minutes later, Delaney and Scotland joined onto the chat. “Tell us what’s going on.” Zoe said to me and I sighed. I told them everything from when I started not breathing well to when I went to the doctor today. “When do you have your meeting with the lung transplant people?” Laney asked me. “In a few days, I have to be really careful when I do soccer practice and stuff like that.” I said and they nodded. “I’m praying for you.” Scotland said and I nodded. “I’m just really scared. I really hope a miracle happens. Most of the time the lung transplants work but they do backfire sometimes.” I said to them. “I’m sure yours will make you feel so much better.” Zoe said and I nodded, tears gathering in my eyes. “I’m so happy to have friends like you.” I wiped my eyes. “Stop, you’re going to make me cry.” Scottie wiped her eyes carefully. “See Anna, you always get everyone started!” Zoe joked before wiping her eyes. I giggled softly and sniffed. “I’ll see you guys at school.” I said and they waved before ending the chat. I turned off my laptop and put on my pajamas before lying down and going to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*5 Days until Concert*

I woke up and stretched until my bones popped. I slowly sat up and fixed my plugs so they let the air flow free into my nose. I walked to my closet and picked out a burgundy sweatshirt with Los Angeles on it in white letters, high waisted blue jean shorts and white converses. I took a shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I walked downstairs and saw Mama cooking breakfast. I did my morning breathing treatment and walked into the kitchen. “Morning Anna.” She said to me as I sat at the breakfast bar. “Morning.” I said to her and played on my phone. “I talked to your school this morning and they’re going to put you on Homebound Thursday.” She said and I nodded. I knew it would be a matter of time before they put me on Homebound from going to the hospital all of the time and staying out sick, i knew it would happen. Carlee and McKenna walked downstairs and sat beside me as we started eating. When we all finished, mama gathered us all up and we left.

Please read, comment, and vote all of my stories!

Please follow me! Love you <3