Chapter Two: Soccer Practice and Chinese Food

Dying Inside:

Chapter 2:

Annaliese’s POV:

I walked onto the soccer field at the end of the day. Soccer is my favorite sport, it’s so amazing. I kicked my soccer ball onto the field as I sat down beside Zoe. “We did good at our last game, 4-0.” Our coach, Coach Brown, said. We all smiled and cheered. “Wednesday, we’re going to play against Westbrook and we all know that’s a great team.” She said as we nodded. “So I want you guys to practice hard today and do great.” She smiled as we got up. We did our exercises and started drilling.

“How was soccer?” my mom asked me as I got into the front seat. “Good.” I said simply, eating some pretzels. Because of my Cystic Fibrosis, I have to eat salty things to keep up my salt intake. Exercising with Cystic Fibrosis is pretty troublesome, I have to take frequent breaks so my lungs can take a break and I have to drink plenty of water. I looked out the window as my mom drove down the road. The Texas landscape passed us by. “What do you guys want for dinner?” mom asked us as we pulled into the hospital. “Chinese.” I said as we all got out. I put on my black Adidas sandals as we walked inside. “Good afternoon girls.” One of the nurses, who’s name is Christina, said to us as soon as we walked in. “Hey.” We smiled and Carlee walked over to her, taking off her shoes. She stood on the scale and they took her weight and height. After that, they took her temperature and blood pressure. Then they took her over to the big chairs and she sat down. Carlee, my baby sister, has kidney failure making her go on dialysis. It’s pretty scary to know that my sister is dying. Hopefully her kidney stays well for her.

A few hours later, we left the hospital and started driving down the road. It was already dusk when my mom drove. “Momma.” McKenna whined. “What?” she mocked her, making the car fill with giggles. “I’m hungry.” She said before rolling her neck. “I’m stopping at the Chinese restaurant now.” She said before pulling into the parking lot. We all got out and walked inside. People looked at us as soon as we walked in. we always get the stares and whispers, it’s like we’re a circus attraction. McKenna started having a few tics and made random noises here and there. People looked at her like she was crazy as I moved her towards me. I hate seeing people talk about her like that, it pisses me off. “Fuck!” she yelled and made a clicking noise. Kenna and I started to laugh as people moved away from us. “Chill Ken.” I smiled as she hit me playfully. “I’m sorry.” She smiled and played on her phone after rolling her arms and clicking.

“Criminal Minds is on!” Carlee called from the living room as we all walked in there. We each had our own take out box as we sat on the couch. I changed into a tank top and a pair of black athletic shorts. My brown hair was up in a high ponytail as we began eating. I put hot mustard on my teriyaki chicken and fried rice before eating. We all just stared at the TV; the only sounds in the room were from the TV or Carlee and momma slurping their noodles. I enjoyed spending time with my sisters and mom like this, it’s just shows you how precious time is with your family.

Please Vote, Comment and Fan!!

Please read my other stories on Wattpad