Chapter Nineteen: Another Surgery

Dying Inside:

Chapter 19:

Annalise's POV:

"Anna, it's going to be your last day in the ICU. Are you excited?" The anesthesiologist asked me as she prepped for the surgery. "I guess, what's going to happen afterwards?" I asked the doctor. "You're going to stay in a room and we'll help you learn to handle your new lungs and we'll do lots of exercise therapy." He said and I nodded. "Ready?" He asked. "Ready as I'll ever be." I answered as they rolled me back to the OR. I sighed and stared at the ceiling lights which moved as they rolled me down the familiar hallways. "You alright?" The surgeon asked me. I nodded. "I'm just tired of all of the surgeries. I just want to get better." "Just think, all of these surgeries are going to help you get closer to breathing normally." I nodded. "You're right." I said as they rolled me inside me surgery room.
•••

My eyes slowly opened as I saw the light creme colored walls I was familiar to. I've spent lots of time in a general hospital room due to my Cystic Fibrosis. Hopefully the lung transplant will make everything better. "Good morning." My mama smiled and kissed my forehead. "Good morning." I said weakly as she handed me a plastic cup filled with water. I grabbed my straw and put it in the cup before sipping carefully. "Did they get all of the tubes out?" I asked mama as she stood up. "Yeah, everything was a success. You're just going to have to stay in the hospital for a few more weeks so that they can help you learn how to work your new lungs." She handed me the remote. I grabbed it and put on cartoons as my doctor came in, followed by a nurse. "Hi dr. Lucas." I said to him as he shook our hands. "Hello Judy, Annaliese. This is your nurse, Kendyl and she's going to help you with your new treatment." He said as she handed me a weird looking handheld device. "What is this?" I asked her. "It's called a Incentive Spirometer. You just put the mouthpiece in your mouth and breathe in as deeply as you can. You're supposed to get the tiny ball in the excellent section." She pointed to the small gauge. "You will have to do this every 3 hours." She said as I nodded. "How much longer do I have to stay here?" I asked before they left. "Few more weeks."

Harry's POV:

"Are you excited to meet your superfans?" Paul asked as we drove through Austin, Texas. Everyone nodded but I was the most excited of all. I always wanted to meet Anna and now I get to. "I bet I know what you're excited for." Louis smirked and nudged me in the side. I chuckled and pushed him away playfully. "It's not like that. She's a really sweet girl and I want her dream to come true." I said. "Aww hazza's so sweet." He squeezed my cheeks. I pushed his hands away and looked out the window to hide my blush. "Anna's not at her house but her two sisters and their mum is." Paul said to us as our driver pulled into their driveway. We all got out and Paul was the first one to walk to the door and knock. We stood on the porch behind him as the door opened. "Hello." Their mom said to us tiredly. She looked very stressed and worn out from her day. I wish i could just give her a hug but she doesn't know me. "Oh. I know who you are." She smiled and hugged Paul. "How are you?" He asked. "I could be better. I have to go back and forth from the hospital and here and I have to make sure McKenna and Carlee are well and k have to take Carls to the doctor but it's fine." She said to Paul as we walked inside. "You guys can sit down. I'm just about to put dinner in the oven." She said as we sat down on their couch. "Would you guys like anything to drink?" She asked. "We're fine." We said to her as she nodded and continued to cook. "Where's Carlee and McKenna?" Liam asked as she came back from the kitchen. "They'll be coming in a few. My friend picked them up from school." She sat down in a chair. She's such a tough mom, I don't know what I would do if I was in her shoes.

A/N: I can't wait for the Gardner girls to meet the boys! :)