𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

Jasmines POV:

"I'll see you tomorrow Lizzie!" I hollered to my brunette bestfriend as I walked off, my surfboard tucked under my arm.

Me and my bestfriend Lizzie, short for Elizabeth, had just gotten back from a long day of surfing & saving baby turtles. She has beautiful long brunette hair and bright blue eyes. She has the perfect body with curves in all the right places. I love her with all my heart, but I hate that I always end up comparing myself to her. Lizzie has been my bestfriend since I moved to California at 3 years old. We've always done things together, starting from taking baths to comforting each other through everything. Every activity we do, we do it with each other. Which is why when I asked her if she wanted to go surfing with me today she quickly agreed and cleared her schedule.

I tried to stay out as long as I could but it was getting dark which meant Lizzie had to go home. I would have stayed longer but i'm slightly afraid of the dark so I had to go to Chris' house also. I hated going there. My mom, Marina, who is a drug addict married a man named Chris, who is an alcoholic. She claims he's my real dad but we look nothing alike. But I was also only 3 when we moved so I could be wrong. Chris made me extremely uncomfortable with the certain comments he made while Marina jus sat there & let it happen. I hate it here.

As I approach the house I live in I start to dig in my backpack for my hoodie. I curse at myself when I realize I left my hoodie & sweatpants in my room. I brace myself to walk into the house because of the bikini i'm wearing. It has decent coverage and is a white bikini that have a pink color for as the straps. It's also got a tie that wraps around your stomach a few times before tying in the back.

Typically I wouldn't have a problem wearing a bathing suit like this, just not in front of my "parents"

Typically I wouldn't have a problem wearing a bathing suit like this, just not in front of my "parents". I think about climbing the tree to get into my room but if they're sitting in the living room they will definitely see me so I decide to jus walk through the front door. Although I immediately regret it as I walk into our living room.

Our living room has a few family photos hung above the mantle that make us look happy but are truly hiding the biggest secret. How truly fucked uo this family is. We have a tv on top of the mantle & a couch in the middle of the living room. The door was on the side of the mantle which made it impossible for me to not be seen since they were sitting on the couch. Since Chris hadn't said anything yet I thought maybe I would be able to at least have one day without a comment from him, but as I walked past him to get to my room, he slapped my ass.

"Have you been doing squats?" Chris asked. "Your assess gotten a lot bigger"

I simply responded with a yes & walked off into my room. When I got into my room I immediately locked my door & walked over to my closet.

My closet door was filled with all different kinds of posters & records. I liked the hippie vibe my room gave off. I had a picture wall, fairy lights & vines hanging from my walls with LED light strung on the ceiling. I had a lamp on my bedside table and a wooden desk in the corner of my room. After rummaging through my drawers in my closet for a while I decided on a pair of peachy nike shorts & a plain black oversized hoodie.

After changing & taking a shower to try & get all the sand out off of me and out of my hair I decided to lay down in bed & just scroll through social media since I had no other plans for the night. My bed had grey & aqua colored pillows with a white comforter on top. I had a wooden bed frame that Chris built me a few years after him & my mother got married.

~~~

It's about 11pm before I hear Chris & Marina go to bed. I've been curious on whether or not Chris is my real dad & if I actually do have a brother. Long story short these thoughts got the best of me & I ended up in my parents office trying to find anything to prove I was just imaging things. Honestly, I don't know what i'm going to do if I find out my whole life has been a lie. What if I have another father & Chris actually isn't my real one? What if I have a brother & if I do will we ever meet again? I wonder if he would hate me? All of these thoughts swarmed around my head as i went through my moms filing cabinet. I didn't see anything helpful so I figured I was just making fake scenarios in my head. As I was about to turn the handle to leave, a card board box on the top shelf caught my eye.

"Why is that all the way up there instead of with the rest of the stuff?" I whispered to myself. I tried to stand on a chair to grab the box & my fingers barely caught it which made it spill all over the floor. I hurried off the chair to pick up the papers while looking through them in case it woke my parents up.

"No. There's no way.." I said to myself as the piece of paper fell out of my hand. There was no way. This couldn't be happening...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: do we like so far? what do u think was on the piece of paper that made her react like that? there's a surprise for the next chapter! If you have any ideas please comment them!!

(not edited)
word count: 1,017 words