𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓮𝓷

Jasmine POV:

"You're really staying in this kooky ass hotel?" Jj asked as he falls backwards onto my hotel bed.

After we explained everything to Kiara & Pope, Jj decided to tag along to the hotel. He didn't really fit in with the whole fancy vibe but neither did I. I was still in my jean shorts & tank top. Most people here were in fancy dresses & suits with their hair fixed perfectly.

I told Jj about how I wanted to go see our dad but he said it was for the best if I didn't. He didn't tell me why & I was curious. If he didn't have a reason then I should be able to go. I'll just have to wait until he goes to sleep to sneak out.

"Yeah. I mean it was the only place I could figure to stay until I got enough money to buy at least a little shack." I said grabbing the clothes I was going to wear tonight. "& it's kind of John B's fault also."

"How is it John B's? & you still never told anybody how you guys met" Jj said rolling over onto his side to look at me.

We were more alike than I thought we would be. From our blonde hair to our attitudes & sarcasm to our addictions. He was my other half. & we can't forget the nosiness. Here it was showing right now.

"Oh it's nothing special I said walking into the bathroom after grabbing some adidas shorts & a baggy ac/dc tshirt. I closed the door a little but left it cracked enough so he could hear me. "When I first got to the island I was walking around looking everywhere & I saw a bunch of people at the coast guard so I went there trying to figure out where I could crash. I saw John B & figured he looked my age so I wouldn't have to deal with the judgmental looks I was already getting from just standing there. Anyways I asked him & he told me the directions to this place." I explained walking out of the bathroom. I pulled my shorts down a little to try & cover the scars & fresh cuts that probably need to be cleaned. Oh well.

"You're right. Not really anything special. But out of all the people you could've met first it had to be John B?" Jj asked jokingly making a disgusted face.

"He's YOUR bestfriend." I laughed chucking a pillow at him.

"Oh that's how we're playing this?" He questioned easing an eyebrow.

I popped my hip out & out my hands on my hip as if to say bring it on. He brought it on alright. Jj jumped off the bed & before I could process what happened I was being slammed onto the mattress with Jj sitting on my stomach.

"Get off you big hippo!" I slightly yelled while laughing. My attempts to push him off failed but I really don't know what I was expecting to be honest.

"Oh i'm a hippo now?" He asked. His hands slowly crawling up from my waist to my sides.

"NO NO I TAKE IT BACK! I TAKE IT BACK!" I screamed trying to kick & hit him in hopes it would get him off of me.

"Nope. Too late now." He said as he started tickling my sides. He was tickling me for a good five minutes while I tried anything & everything to get him off of me.

I wasn't mad. These were the memories I would look back on when i'm older.

"Jj Maybank if you don't stop ticking me im going to piss myself." I said laughing so hard I was crying.

He finally got off of me & fell on the other side of the bed panting. We both caught our breath before saying anything.

I turned my head towards him, him mirroring my actions. But the second we made eye contact we started laughing again. He rolled over, misjudging the amount of room there was left on his side of the bed, & fell off onto the floor which only encouraged my laughing.

The rest of the night was full of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally around 11pm Jj fell asleep. I was debating whether or not it was too late to go find him, but I decided now would probably be my only chance to go without Jj finding out.

I covered Jj up & grabbed my clothes heading to the bathroom. I heard talk about it being chilly tonight so I decided to wear leggings & a sweater which worked out in my favor. It would help cover everything from people walking by & I wouldn't have to show my body.

I grabbed my bag & made sure everything I might need was in it before looking back at Jj one more time. I felt guilty for betraying Jj the day I met him but i've gone 13 years without knowing who my dad was & I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity. I just hope he forgives me. I slip on my black vans & throw my hair into a messy bun before heading out the hotel room door.

 I slip on my black vans & throw my hair into a messy bun before heading out the hotel room door

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It took me forever to figure out where he lived. I was asking the people around the fancy side of the island but they seemed to either not talk to me or not know where he lived. I felt stupid after realizing with the way Jj was dressed & where his bestfriend lived he probably didn't live anywhere fancy, but instead where John B lived. & that's how I figured out where he lived. I somehow managed my way to the other side of the island & started asking around. It was peaceful at night on this side of the island. There were few people out so it was pretty quiet, but the first person I asked was able to tell me the exact directions to my dad's house.

It was dark, but the moonlight allowed me to see the property. The house looked worst than John Bs & the yard was full of random junk. There were vehicle parts & tree branches spread across the yard. I'm starting to see what Jj meant meant when when he said our dad wasn't the best person but you can't judge somebody just because of their living style.

I walked up the creaky steps & stood in front of the door for a few seconds. I was still debating if I should knock or just leave & go back to the hotel like nothing happened. I was mainly scared of what he would say. I mean like did he leave me with mother dearest in hopes of never having to see me again?

So many questions ran through my head that I didn't even realize when my hand came in contact with the hard wood in front of me. I wanted to make a run for it but if he saw me & thought I was just some kid messing with him I didn't need the cops being called so instead I waited until he opened the door.

When the door opened a tall man with grayish hair appeared on the other side. Luke. My dad. He looked just like the guy in the pictures.

"Hey dad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: i'm actually so sorry that it took so long. i'm gonna try to write another chapter. but no promises. i'm so slow at updating. i'm sorry. but i hope this chapter & the next one make up for it.

SHE MET LUKE!!!! PREDICTIONS?