𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

John B POV:

I'm in an ocean. We're right under the surface. There's a bright light illuminating what seems to be a body. Being curious I start to swim towards it only to find out it's my dad. We stare at each other for a few seconds before I stick my hand out. Dad mirrors my actions & right before our hands touch, it's like we're being sucked away from each other. He completely vanishes & start looking around with any hope of finding my dad. When everything fails I just scream. A scream that could alert every sea animal in a 7 like radius.

I jolt forward, waking from my dream. Something stopping me from sitting all the way up & when I look down lay back down as fast as possible. Jasmine was laying on top of me chest. Her hand holding on for dear life to my shirt. I smiled down at her & started playing with her hair.

"Well don't you look cozy." A voice said from the doorway. I turn my head & see Sheriff Peterkin leaning in my doorway. "Get decent sweetie. We need to talk." She said before walking out the room.

I sighed, slowing rolling over so I was hovering above Jasmine, allowing her to lay on her back so I could get up.

"Sorry to break in like this, but DCS called." Peterkin started as I crawled over Jasmine & started towards the door. "They wanted me to check on you. See how you're doing." She continued as I appeared from the hallway. "So how are you? Besides the-" she pointed towards her eye signifying the black eye Topper gave me last night. I wasn't done with him. He may have won the first round but he better watch his back.

"Oh. N-no I'm great. Yeah. Fantastic. Uh, thanks for coming by." I said trying to get her to leave. I didn't need her waking up Jasmine or Jasmine walking out & finding Peterkin here. I started to pick up the empty beer bottles on the table.

"I'm so glad to hear you say that John B but I heard a few things that worried me. Let me see if I can remember." She replied thinking for a moment. I threw the empty beer bottles in the trash & continued to clean up. DCS is already on my ass for my dad being gone, I don't need the beer bottles, & trashed house to give them another reason.

"Oh yeah. One of the things I heard was that your Uncle Teddy, your guardian, hasn't been in the state for 3 months." Peterkin said looking at the picture then to me.

I pursed my lips, walking to the end of the kitchen, leaning against the frame "Yeah that's false."

"You don't have to say anything I know it's true. I called the school" She waved me off. "They say you used to be a good student," she started, picking up a cigarette bud & smelling it. "Now, you're failing all your classes."

"No, no. I'm only failing one. & it's history the dudes a dick, he's out for me." I said walking to the other side of the kitchen & leaning against the cabinet.

"& I heard there was a fight on the beach yesterday & a gun was involved." She said walking towards me.

"Gun?" I shook my head, walking past her & patting her shoulder. "Did I get in a dustup? Yes, but was there a gun? Pfft. No. No way." I said trying to defend myself the best I could. I carried the trash can around picking up the rest of the bottles & trash hanging around the Chateau.

"That's okay. I know who it was, i'll get to him." She said. Jj's the dumbest person i've met. Like really dude. A gun. "All i'm worried about now is that you're in a safe home." She finished.

"Yeah super safe. Super sound, sturdy." I knocked on the table a few times. "You know what I mean?" She didn't seem to be buying any of it. "&, Uncle T's coming back so." I pointed at her with the trash can.