𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Jasmine POV:

"Hey dad."

He scoffed walking away.

I stood in the doorway. I didn't know what to do. This isn't the reaction I expected. I mean you don't see your daughter for 13 years & I expected something more than this from him. At least a 'kiss my ass.'

I started following him into the house. The house was trashed. There were beer cans everywhere & white powder on the coffee table. I put a little on my finger tip & rubbed my fingers together. Just what I thought. Coke.

"Why are you fucking here?" He turned sharply towards me, slurring his words.

I immediately started to freak. He was in my face & I was getting flashbacks. "I was uh back in the Outerbanks & was just curious to see who my uh dad was." I said starting to play with the bracelet on my wrist. A nervous habit.

"Next time. Don't. Leave." He slurred turning back around. I should've left.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know if it was okay & I should have come tomorrow morning because it's late & I know you probably were sleeping or have things to do. I know you're probably busy but I just wanted to see my d-"

I was cut off by force hitting the left side of my face. I stumbled backwards, falling against the wall. My hand subconsciously came up to my forehead, right above my eyebrow. There was a throbbing pain & when I moved my hand away I saw blood. I looked back up at him. I immediately saw Chris.

"When I tell you to fucking leave." he said leaning down & getting in my face. "YOU FUCKING LEAVE." he screamed. Next thing I knew a glass beer bottle was being thrown at me. I tried to dodge it but I wasn't quick enough. It caught my check & sliced it open.

He started laying quick but hard blows to my ribs. They were definitely going to bruise. By this point I was on the ground with my head in my hands trying to protect myself from getting serious injuries to my head.

He kicked my jaw one last good time before pulling me to my feet by my hair. "NOW GET. THE FUCK. OUT. OF MY HOUSE." he screamed in my face before walking into a different room.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could to get as far away from the house as possible. I only made it a few houses down but it was fine. I couldn't run any further. I was feeling dizzy & my stomach hurt. My head was pounding & it was getting hard to stand so I decided on sitting on the grass until I could compose myself.

I watched the way the waves lapped in the marsh. It was peaceful. You could see an occasional fish from where I was sitting. Every since I was a little girl Ive loved the ocean. I found it peaceful & when I needed to calm down or had a bad day I would simply walk across the road & sit by the beach. Which I guess is why I started to feel a little bit better after about 10 minutes of staring out into the water. I slowly stood up to make sure I wasn't going to fall trying to do so & slipped my bag off my shoulders. I dug for my phone to check what time it was.

1:57 am. Did it really take me that long to find his house? My biggest concern was where I was going to stay for the night. I couldn't go back to the hotel because people would be swarming me or giving me the dirtiest looks. Even if nobody was in the lobby Jj would surely either hear me come in or cleaning up. & then he wound see the bruises & everything before I could cover them up. Of course I had foundation & concealer but I had to clean the cuts before putting anything on them.

There was only one place for me to go. It thankfully wasn't too far from here. Maybe a minute walk. I slung my bag over my shoulders causing a stabbing pain to go through my entire body. Mental note: listen to Jj. Why were my parents so fucked.

As I walked down the road I saw the moonlight reflecting on the water. The water was honestly so peaceful. I've always wanted to live on a beach house & these houses seem to all have docks leading off into the water. I wouldn't mind staying here.

Before I knew it I was walking up to the house I saw not too long ago. The tree branches were still scattered in the yard because of the hurricane & there were a few other things spread across the yard, but other than that the house was nice. I started walking up the porch when a light inside flickered on. Maybe I won't feel bad for waking them up & asking if I can crash here if they're already up. Now i'll only have one thing to feel guilty about.

I raised my hand to the door, but hesitated for a second before actually knocking on the door. I heard what sounded like a beer can open & footsteps approaching the door. My anxiety skyrocketed & I immediately put my head down in hopes of hiding what I could at least for a few extra seconds.

I heard the door open & light poured out from the house onto the porch.

"Jasmine?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: i have good ideas for the story. it's just taking a while to write because i've been busy with school & honestly just losing motivation for this book. it's not really getting any reads so it's not helping anything along the lines of my motivation. but here's another chapter for the ones who do read it.

(not edited)
word count: 976 words