𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓿𝓮

Jasmine POV:

"Jasmine?" John B questioned. "I uhm- what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry for showing up like this." I said rubbing my arms, I was starting to catch a. chill. The breeze was starting to pick up chasing the trees to rustle.

"No, no it's okay. I was up anywa-" he started lifting his beer, but immediately set it down on the side table. "Wait why do you have blood on your shirt?" He interrogated grabbing the sleeve of my sweater & examining it.

"I- Well uhm- It's just-" I tried to form a sentence, or a lie, anything. But nothing longer than 2 words was coming out of my mouth.

"Jas look at me." He said, moving his head to try & see my face. I quickly moved my head in hopes of hiding it for just a few seconds longer. "Why won't you look at me?" He asked. Worry clear in his voice.

He lightly grabbed my jaw forcing me to look at him. Tears started to well up in my eyes. Not only from the pain I got from the slightest touch to my jaw, but having to look him in the eyes & him seeing how vulnerable I truly am.

~~~~~

John B POV:

My heart hurt. I didn't even have to ask who it was. When I grabbed her jaw she slightly winced & I saw tears welling up in her eyes. She had cuts and bruises starting to form on her face. Her sleeves had blood on them & her leggings had a rip towards her knee. I vividly remember this exact moment in 5th grade. The exact thing happened with Jj. It was how I found out his dad was abusive. After that Jj started going everywhere with me & dad. I miss him.

"C'mere." I said softly opening my arms to her. She immediately hugged me back with her hands around my waist. I was pissed. Not at Jasmine but at Jj. He knows what Luke does to him & yet he still let Jasmine go meet him. He claimed to love her so much but then let her get hurt. Some brother he is.

~~~~~

Jasmine POV:

I pulled away from the hug & wiped my eyes. "I was wondering if I could crash here for the night. I completely understand if not but I just didn't want to go back to the hotel because of Jj. I really can't deal with him right now & like I said I totally understand if you say no but I just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask." I rambled wrapping my arms around my body. I've been very body conscious because of my moms husband. He was always making comments about my body & how I needed to lose weight.

"Hey, of course you can. It's really no big deal, it'll give me some company." John B assured me. "But first we've got to clean your cuts because if not it's just going to get infected & get worst. C'mon." He said walking off. I slipped my vans off by the door & tucked them underneath the side table, following John B.

The shack was small but homey. There were pictures hung up & the house looked like it was actually lived in but not in a bad way like back at my moms. "Oh wait." I mumbled to myself walking back & grabbing John Bs beer so he didn't forget it.

~~~~~

2:14am Jasmine POV:

"Okay. You should be good to go." John B said tapping my knee & moving out of the way so I could hop off the sink counter. "Do you have anything to change into?" John B asked walking into what I assumed was his room. I grabbed my bag before walking into the room also. It was full of different beach & fishing things. It had the island vibe to it.

"I have a pair of shorts & that's it." I say grabbing my shorts & phone out of the bag. I try to turn on my phone to check the time but have no luck. "Damn it." I whispered to myself.

"Here you can wear one of my shirts." He said grabbing one & tossing it to me without warning; therefore, hitting me in the face with it. He started laughing as I blew my hair out of my face. His smile was adorable.

"You suck." I said also laughing. "I'm gonna go change i'll be right back." I said. I set my phone down on his bedside table before walking towards the bathroom. I liked this house. You could tell a happy family lived here once. Whether it was John Bs family or the family from before.

I slipped on my shorts, pulling them down a little to try & cover my cuts. When I put his shirt on I realized I don't need to pull my shorts down considering his shirt stopped right above my knees. I took my hair out of the bun since it's all mostly fallen out anyways & slipped the elastic on my wrist.

As I was walking back to John B's rooms I almost had a heart attack. There was a door at the end of the hallway & I saw my reflection in it.

"Just so you know, i'm hanging up a sheet as curtains for that door tomorrow" I said walking back into his room & pointing at the door that almost killed me.

"Why?" He questioned, picking up clothes from the floor & throwing them into a dresser.

"Because it nearly gave me a heart attack." I replied, yawning.

John B chuckled before replying, "Yeah I probably should've warned you about that."

"Yeah you probably should've" I said yawning again before walking towards my bag to put my clothes up.

"Okay so you can have my bed for tonight & I'll sleep on the pull out couch." John B said running his hand through his hair.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna kick you out of your room." I said starting to feel bad. I didn't want him to be mad at me or be a burden.

"Yeah it's no problem. You need a good rest after everything tonight." He said walking towards the night stand.

I sat down on his bed & watched as he set his phone on the night stand next to mine. "Thank you John B. For everything." I said laying down & covering up. I felt the weight of today hit me. I could fall asleep right now but I was trying to finish listening to what John B said.

"It's no problem. If you ever need anything i'm always here." He said looking down to me. My eyes were almost completely closed so it was hard to see. But I could feel his presence standing over me. "Night Jas." He said turning around to walk out of the room.

My eyes opened & I reached my hand out & grabbed his wrist. When he turned around to face me, he had a puzzled look on his face. "Will you stay?" I asked.

I genuinely needed somebody with me right now. I didn't feel safe being alone. I also have a hard time falling asleep unless I have somebody sleeping in the bed with me. Back home Lizzie would always have me go over to her house & we would sleep in her bed so that's where the habit originated from. Getting into a relationship only fed the habit since I was always sleeping in the same bed as him also.

Which is why I was grateful when I felt something hovering over me then the other side of the bed dip. I lightly smiled to myself before closing my eyes completely & rolling over towards John B. My head was laying on his chest as my arm rested on his stomach, his arm underneath my neck & head.

John B felt tense & I wondered if I shouldn't have done that. But when I felt him relax & wrap his arms around me, tucking his face into my hair I was pulled out of my thoughts, all of my worries floating away with the waves.

Everything from today mixing with the best of John B's heart & him playing with my hair knocked me out in just a few seconds. I was genuinely happy with him despite everything that just happened. I hope I don't lose him..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: proud of myself. update was kinda quick. i was trying to get something out for you guys so i'm sorry this is short & not the best. i think i'm sick again so that's always fun. anyways i hope y'all have a great day/night (:

(not edited)
word count: 1434 words