𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

Jasmine's POV:

The boy I met at the Coast Guard wasn't wrong when he said you couldn't miss it. It was a beautiful huge white building. There was stain glass windows everywhere. Everything was a golden color & there were chandeliers. The building I met the boy in was so different from this. I wonder why? I'm hoping tomorrow I can go look around the island & maybe meet some new people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been a few hours since I got to the hotel & i've already checked in & gotten a room. When I got settled I smoked a blunt (upset about that) & wrote my letter to Liz not long after I unpacked. I'm glad there was an atm outside the hotel so I could get the money to check in.

I decided since it was probably going to be a long day tomorrow that I would just go to bed early. The beds were almost like memory foam & the bed sets were silk. There were beautiful night stands with lamps on both of them & a book shelf in the far right corner right next to a window. There was a bathroom connected to the room also. I wouldn't be mad if I had to live here for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
John B's POV:

When I got to the chateau I immediately looked around the entire house for Jj. I checked every room & even asked Pope if he had seen him. Pope said he left about an hour ago so I figured he went to get stuff from his dad's house & then went somewhere to calm down. Jj has an abusive dad & a mom who split when he was four. He keeps talking about a girl he had memories with but we always blew it off & told him it was probably an imaginary friend or some random girl he met & then she moved. But meeting that girl, Jasmine, at the Coast Guard has me questioning things. I was thinking about telling Pope but I figured it's not my place & I need to talk to Jj about it.

Me & Pope waited for Jj for a little longer but he never came so we decided to just go without him. We were now approaching the beach, looking out at what we were about to be surfing in. The surge.

"It's a double overhead out there bro!" Pope hollered over the clapping of the waves.

"Double overhead?" I repeated as a question while moving my hair out of my face.

We look out for a second before Pope voices his opinion. Which is probably right but we never listen to. "Those aren't surf-able waves, bro"

I laugh before asking "Says who?" & start running out into the water. Pope not far behind me.

We both try to catch a few waves, ultimately wiping out every time, before I give up & just sit down on my board. As i'm looking out into the water I see a smaller white boat. "What the hell?" I whisper to myself. Who would go out into the ocean for a boat ride during a hurricane?

"Yo bro you good?" Pope hollered to me.

"Yeah yeah! Im finna go in though these waves are starting to get a little too rough for my liking." I told him.

& with that we got out of the water & started our way back to the chateau. I couldn't get my mind off of who it could have possibly been in that boat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jasmine's POV:

I woke up & freaked out for a split second because I didn't realize where I was. Affect from smoking before I went to bed & all the stress. I looked over at the alarm clock & then cursed myself for leaving the curtains open. It was 7:00am on the dot.

I somehow slept through the entire night last night even though there was evidently a hurricane.

As I sat on the bed trying to fully wake up I started thinking about everything that happened yesterday & everything I found out. Then I realized I also forgot my bike on the ferry. "shit." I said to myself. I hadn't had time to process anything last night which is probably why I randomly broke down thinking about all of it. Which resulted with me also doing something that I swore to never do again..

Soon after, I went to the bathroom to take a shower & brush my teeth. Once I got out I dried & brushed my hair & changed into a pair of black jean shorts & a faded yellow crop top. I decided on 2 dutch braids & my white high top converse.

I slipped on my shoes & grabbed my bag before starting my way out the hotel

I slipped on my shoes & grabbed my bag before starting my way out the hotel. I didn't really have a set plan for today but I knew I needed a job so that's where I decided to start. I was walking down the street full of big fancy houses. Almost like people with millions of dollars live in them. I wonder if that's what the whole island looks like?

I kept walking down the street until I ran across a place called The Wreck. I wasn't exactly sure what it was but from the tables outside & the people bringing food out I figured it was a restaurant. I worked at a restaurant for a while back home until they got new management which made pretty much everybody quit.

I figured since I had the most experience in a restaurant & I didn't feel like searching all over town just to end up back here or get lost, I would apply here.

The restaurant had tables outside & a ramp leading into it. It was gorgeous outside & inside & the people seemed to be having fun. It was nothing like the restaurant in the hotel I was staying at. This was the type of place where you made genuine friends & genuine memories. Not just some place you go to, just to show off your money & how you can afford things like that.

"Can I help you?" A masculine voice brought me out of my thoughts. I turned to see a middle aged man standing in front of me. He had on an apron & an ordering pad so I figured he worked here.

"Oh yes. Hi im sorry, do you know who I could go to, to apply for a job here?" I asked

"Yeah- just walk while I talk." He says starting to walk off to check on people. "That would be me. We're actually pretty short on staff right now so if you have any experience in restaurants then you have the job. Come by tomorrow & my daughter will be here to show you everything. Also what's your name?"

"Oh okay. I used to work in a restaurant back home so yeah I have experience. & my names Jasmine. If that's all then I'll let you do your job. You look busy."

"Yeah. We are. That's it. Swing by tomorrow. Bye." The man said walking off.

Great. Find a job equals done. Now to socialize & break the habit of smoking again. Great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: boneyard scene next. what do we thinks gonna happen. the pogues just went to the hotel & found the key. now they're throwing a party to stay incognito. how do we think Jasmine's going to play a part in this?

(not edited)
word count: 1218 words