𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝔀𝓸

Jasmine POV:

I walk up the steps to Kiara's house & knock on the door. She has a nice house on the wealthier side of the island. It confuses me why she's so rich but still hangs out with my brother & his friends. They're clearly barely making it, but she decides to still spend every minute of her day with them. Especially a certain one.

Although I don't want to be around Kiara right now, I also don't have anywhere to go which is what put me in my current situation.

Kiara's mom opens the door with a smile, looking down at me. 'Can I help you?' She questions.

I struggle to come up with a lie. Why would a random girl be at her door a little after noon?

I settle on 'Kiara & I had plans to stay the night here. Uhm, is she home?' I try to make it sound as believable as possible. For the most part, it is true.

'She's not home right now, but her dad just left to go pick her up. You can come wait inside if you'd like! I'm cooking dinner right now so you can go hang out somewhere in the house or with me. I'd always enjoy the company.' She converses, opening the door wider so I can come in.

I smile as I walk in & decide to hang out in the kitchen with her. 'So whatcha cookin?' I ask, following her to the kitchen. I slip my hoodie off & rest it over the chair I'm sitting on.

'I was thinking steak with a side of macaroni & corn. How does that sound?' She asks turning around & leaning against the counter.

I throw my head back groaning. 'That sounds delicious. Want me to help you?' I question, furrowing my eyebrows. If i'm going to be staying here for a while then I want her parents to like me & not get the wrong impression.

'You don't have to, but if you want to then sure!' She replies smiling while she gets out the pots & pans we need.

'Yeah. I'll help!' I smile & hop off the stool turning the burner on. I grab my phone from my pocket & turn on my playlist. Runaway Kids by HARBOUR blasts through the kitchen as we laugh & start cooking. Doing this with Kiara's mom feels reliving & comforting. It was never something I could do with my own mom so it's odd, but I like it.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The door slams as a man walks in, Kiara trailing behind him. She either dismissed my presence or didn't see me because she walked straight upstairs to her room. The man walks into the kitchen, seeming mad & irritated. Her mom comes up next to me & grabs the spoon to the macaroni from me.

'Go hang out with Kie. I've got the rest of it. Thank you for your help though.' She whispers, pouring the cheese into the pot.

I smile at her, saying you're welcome & make my way upstairs. They have family pictures lining the walls. Along with pictures of Kiara over the years.

When I reach Kiara's door I put on a face to hide how I truly feel towards her at the moment. I knock on the door & wait for her response. When I'm met with a rude, go away, I open the door anyways.

'I said go away.' She says rolling over to look at her door. Her face automatically changes when she sees me standing in her door way. 'Oh. Sorry, I thought you were my dad.' She apologizes.

I fake a laugh & brush it off. She sits up in her bed, leaned against the wall with her feet dangling off the edge of the bed. I walk over to her bed & mirror her position.

It's silent for a while between us. I know why. She knows why too. I debate bringing it up, but I want an answer so I decide in favor of it.