Chapter 20: First Day Of hell- I Mean School

"Who is that?" "Why is she walking with one of the Romano brothers?" "She looks like a total loser" "Maybe she's too short for him to notice she's there" 'The first class hasn't even started and I'm already feeling like a rabbit in a lion cage.

I wonder how Isaiah isn't hearing the students around him talking shit. Maybe he's become a little deaf with all the partying he has done. After walking through the long halls of the giant school we make it to the principal's office where a woman looking to be in her 50's is seated.

My brother had violently opened the door, making the poor woman and me flinch. Luckily, he didn't notice me flinching but started walking up to the principal like she's beneath him.

"Mr Romano, you must be here for your sister's schedule" She says with a trembling voice. She looks pale and freaked out as I stare at her confused. 'What a weird principle to be scared of her students'. She hands my brother the schedule as he walks out just like that.

"That was rude you know" I say, feeling sorry for the women.

"Afraid I don't know what you're talking about" He says, sounding bored. 'He must be used to treating people like that here... hope that people aren't going to assume I'm like that as well'. 

"Here's your first class. Call me or the others if someone bothers you and walk straight to the cafeteria to find us at lunch time. You're sitting with us so don't run off somewhere else" He says as he places a kiss on my head and leaves.

I take a deep breath before entering the classroom. I notice a middle aged woman standing in front of the students and it looks like she just started calling their names but stops as i enter.

"H-hi i'm new here" I say with a nervous smile.

"And what is your name dear?" She asks as I respond with my name.

"Isabelle Romano" Her eyes widen as the other students look slightly shocked.

"Ah yes I remember now, please take a seat next to Mr Allan" She says, pointing to a boy with blond hair and green eyes.

"Hi i'm Kai, nice to meet you Isabelle" He whispers as he puts his hand out to shake. I hesitated at first, feeling a bit surprised that someone actually talked to me but shook his hand with a smile showing off my dimple.

"You can call me Mrs Onions and I'll be teaching math" I had to pinch the living hell out of my thigh to stop myself from laughing out loud at that ridiculous sounding surname.

"Understood Mrs- Mrs Onions" I say, struggling to keep a straight face. The class goes by quite well considering my skills in math which aren't any good. As the class ends I stand up, determined to find the next class which is history. Suddenly, a girl appears beside me, linking our arms together like we're best friends.

"Hi i'm Heather, the prettiest girl in our grade" She says as i look closer to examine her. I mean... if you like clowns then I'm sure you would like her. She looks like a 20 year old with all that makeup even though she's 13 like me. Blonde hair that she obviously dyed and long fake lashes. Her clothes are also way too revealing for a 13 year old.

"Ok.." I answer, having absolutely no clue how to answer a statement like that.

"So are you actually the Romano brothers sister or what?" She asks, as I try getting my arm away from her grip. "Yea-" I try saying only to get interupted.

"My older sister Taylor goes to the same class as Malcolm and sits by their table every. Single. Day" She says as I try walking faster to get away but fail as she keeps up.

"We should be friends and you can introduce me to your brothers someday, okay bestie?" She says with a fake smile as I wonder how you can be so obvious with your intentions.

"Mhm" I answer as she giggles at her achievement. 'I don't like this girl at all but I don't wanna be making enemies on my first day. Also, I can't be rude to people just because I don't like them. That's what mom used to say'.

I feel my gaze dropping to the floor as I think about my parents and little brother. Even though they weren't my blood they will always have a special place in my heart. Everything has been going so fast lately and I feel like I haven't had time to mourn their deaths yet.

"Well I have science now but I see you late bestie" She says as I feel relieved that she doesn't have history class with me. After getting lost a few times I finally make it to class where I enter with a bit more confidence than last time.

"You must be the new student. I'm Mr Duck and tech history at this school" 'Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh...' I repeat in my head as I look at him with a straight face.

"Nice to meet you sir i'm looking forward to learning from you" I politely say, as he looked completely surprised.

"Oh my, what a well behaved child you are. Are you really the sister of the Romano brothers?" He asks as I nod with a smile. Mr Duck looks to be pretty old, maybe 68 or so but looks like a kind old man that you would expect wise words from. I look at my classmates and spot Kai in the end of the classroom. I walk towards him, sitting down beside him.

"Hi again" He says with a smile as I greet him with my own. After 30 minutes of class I feel Kai's eyes on me making me turn to look at him.

"There's something different about you" He starts, looking suspiciously at me. "You're so humble and well behaved... weird" He says, making me chuckle.

"What do you mean it's weird haha" I laugh.

"People at this school are all loaded with money and only care about popularity and status. You seem real and not like those other fake bitches here" He says as I totally understand what he's talking about.

"Then it's decided" He says with a smile as he leans back in his chair.

"What is?" I ask with a raised brow. "I'm gonna try and be friends with you" He says with a chuckle.

"No need for trying, i already accept you as my friend" I say as he looks at me surprised.

"You're so trusting" He says in disbelief as I laugh. "Alright, that was the end of class. Good work everyone now get your asses to the cafeteria- yes Brandon i'm looking at you" He says as everyone laughs at the guy named Brandon.

"So you wanna eat with me today? I'll introduce you to my friends, they're super nice people but a bit annoying sometimes" He says as I just remembered meeting up with my brothers.

"Sorry Kai but I promised my brothers to eat with them today, maybe next time though" I say with a sorry smile.

"It's fine Belle, i'll give you my number and we can talk later" He says as i smile at the new nickname he gave me. He writes his number on a piece of paper and gives it to me. 'I'll just put it in my pocket for now' I thought as I put his number in my back pocket.

"I'm gonna go meet my friends before heading to the cafeteria so goodbye for now" He says as I respond with a 'Goodbye'. 'Now for the scariest part of the day, walking into the cafeteria with all the other students watching...