Chapter 22: Enough Already

I slowly walk towards the parking lot to see Malcolm smoking outside his car, waiting for me. "Where's the others?" I nervously ask, looking around for the other two brothers.

"They went ahead" He simply answers as he gets in the car after dropping his cigarette on the ground. 

"You're still not gonna tell me whose number you got?" He asks with his eyes glued to the road. 

"I already told you it's a girl from math class" I say, trying to be confident in my words.

"You know, saying nothing would probably be better for you in this case. Finding out that you lied would just make it so much worse" He says as I take a deep breath to compose myself.

"Good thing I'm not lying then" I say as he snorts.

"You're gonna be in so much trouble, little girl" He says with a smirk. No matter how much I hate being in the car with Malcolm, I feel like staying in there as we arrive at the mansion.

"You said it's a girl anyways so there's nothing to be nervous about now let's go" He says, opening the door for me to get out. I take a deep breath before walking out and towards the mansion as Malcolm locks the car.

"We're home" Malcolm says, sounding a bit excited to get me in trouble.

"We're all here in the living room" Isaiah yells as I feel the urge to run away.

"Great let's get going then shall we?" He says, placing his hands on my shoulders to guide me there.

"Welcome back" Domenic says with a sorry smile as Ezekiel is looking emotionless as ever while Zane and Isaiah are sitting in front of him. 'Why are they being so dramatic, I mean it's just a friend'.

"Sit" Ezekiel says like he's commanding a dog. I sit anyway feeling too scared to object. He slowly gets his phone out and diels the number from the piece of paper he's holding. 'Please don't answer' I repeat in my head as I feel my heart speeding up.

"Hello?" a male voice says on the phone as my brothers look up at me with disappointment. 

"Answer" Malcolm whispers to me as I pray that he doesn't recognize my voice.

"Hello-" "Belle!" He excitedly says, interrupting me.

"Nice hearing from you" He says as all my brothers frown while clenching their jaws.

"Who are you and why are you talking to my sister?" Ezekiel asks with a chilling voice, sending shivers down my spine. There's a pause, making me think he hung up or something.

"Kai Allan, and I became friends with Isabelle in math class today." He answers with confidence. 

"Well she's not allowed to talk with little boys like you so go fuck yourself" Malcolm says out of nowhere, grabbing the phone.

"Who said I'm a boy?" Kai asks, leaving me confused. "Are you serious!? it's fucking obvios dumb ass" Isaiah yells into the phone, standing next to Malcolm.

"I'm gay and identify as a girl so stop being a homophobic dick" He says, making me laugh out loud. I slap my hand over my mouth as I see my brothers glaring at me with anger.

"Listen guys, Isabelle's just my friend and I only date guys so if you're not interested in going out with me then we're done here" Kai says with nothing else but sass as he hangs up the phone. 

"Well that went well" Domenic sarcastically says.

"Isabelle, come here" Ezekiel says, leaning forwards from his seat. I stand up to walk towards him with my eyes going everywhere but him. "It's obvious that the boy is straight up lying so i assume he has no idea who he was just talking to" Ezekiel starts as i stand in front of him, listening.

"But you're another story. I'm getting sick of all the lies you keep giving" He says, as I look at Domenic for help.

He looks at me with disappointment, making my heart break. 'Not him too, he's the only one i truly feel like i can rely on'. I feel tears filling my eyes as I feel tired of constantly feeling like this.

"When are you going to start telling the truth-" "NO!" I yell, interrupting him. It gets silent as all my brothers watch me in surprise.

"You really think I'm gonna trust you enough to tell you everything? The only thing you're teaching me is that I should be more careful in hiding things from you. You walk around like you own everything and try controlling everyone around you. I thought you wanted me back here but none of you have shown it since I came here. You three kept saying that i wasn't your sister" I angrily yell with a broken voice, pointing at my 3 youngest older brothers.

"I don't even want to be your sister and refuse to see any of you as my family, and you" I say, now pointing at Domenic making him look at me with an emotionless face.

"I thought you understood me, i thought i could rely on you but you look at me like this after i simply made a friend with a boy. We're just 13, what do any of you expect me to do besides playing stupid games and talking about how funny our techers names are? I don't want to see or have anything to do with any of you... I wish, I wish that.... that my old family was alive and that i would have never met you!" I say with tears streaming down my face as I run out of there towards my room.

'It's a stupid reason to get so emotional over but i feel so tierd of eveything that i can't help it'. I slam my door shut as I feel all my energy have left me, leaving me with the sadness and regret of what I just said.

I jump into bed with my face pushing down on my pillow to stop the tears from dropping. I stay like that for the next 2 hours before hearing footsteps approach my room. I'm not ready to talk with them and want to be left alone but feel too emotionally drained to move and lock my door.

I hear my door slowly getting opened as I silently lay in bed, just hoping that the person suspects I'm asleep and leaves.

'But of course it never goes as i hope..'