Chapter 28: Something Bad Happened

"Stupid handcuffs" I say as i try breking free for the 100th time. I look at my surroundings to try and find something useful.

I stretch my arm towards the bedside table, trying to grab whatever I can find. I accidentally hit my hand on a bottle making it fall down from the table and roll towards me. I grab the bottle to inspect as I read the text on it.

"Lube... What the heck is Lube?" I mumble to myself as I open the bottle. 'Looks like some kind of gel, maybe it'll help me get free?' I think as I put some of it on my cuffed wrist.

"Oh this is slippery" I say with a smile as I'm filled with some hope. I try squeezing through the handcuff again but with the help of the lube this time as my wrist is finally able to slip out and get free.

"I'm a genius!" I happily exclaim while lifting my fist towards the ceiling like superman. I sneak out of the room and through the halls to find my friend and her sister. I feel a hand grab mine out of nowhere making me flinch and turn around to be met with the eyes of Alice.

"Alice, why aren't you with your sister right now?" I ask, looking around.

"I tried to stop her but then Zane came out of nowhere and started flirting with her and leading her away from me. Now I can't find them anywhere!" She says, looking worried.

"Don't worry I won't let him hurt your sister" I say with determination. We run around the mansion checking every room until we hear crying coming from one of the bathrooms.

"Anna" Alice mumbles under her breath as we notice her sitting in the bathroom crying.

"Calm down Anna, tell us what happened" Alice says, crouching down and stroking her sister's back as I stare at her in disbelief that my own brother did this.

"D-did he... did he do anything physical to you?" I ask as she shakes her head no in response, making me relieved. 'Good, he didn't touch her'.

"We went into one of the rooms where I started to talk about my feelings towards him. Out of nowhere he just stood up and started talking about everything being a mistake and that I should've never come here" She says but breaks down in more tears before continuing again. 

"He said that he didn't want to see me and that I should just leave" She says, heartbroken. I clench my fists in anger at my brother's behavior towards her.

"Anna" I start, as she looks up to me with teary eyes.

"I'm so sorry for how my brother has treated you. You truly deserve much better than that butt head" I truthfully say as she thanks me while rubbing the tears away. 

"C'mon. let's get you out of here" I say, helping her stand up. I escort Alice and her sister out of the mansion without my brothers noticing that I'm there and plan what my next move should be. I really want to avenge Anna by doing a prank or something to ruin the party but that would be a deathwish.

'Doing something directly to them would be too scary so let's go with rebelling against one of my given rules' I think as I walk towards where the alcohol drinks are. 'I'll just have to get drunk and then blame it on them when Ezekiel and Domenic return home.

I may not be able to punish them myself but I can get them in trouble and make my oldest brother punish them for me' I think as I pick up a random drink.

"Not the best thing I've tasted but whatever" I say to myself after tasting the drink. I keep chugging them down one after another. Somehow a crowd started forming around me without me noticing as I was too focused on getting drunk.

"Drink, Drink, Drink.." The crowd cheered all together while circling around me.

"Why is my head spinning so much? I thought drinking alcohol would be fun" I say to no one in particular as my head begins to feel foggy.

"Dude, who invited the kid?" "This is hilarious" "I'm so gonna record this one" The unknown voices say from the crowd.

"What's going on? what are you guys looking at-" Oh isn't that Malcolms voice? "ZANE!" My brother angrily calls as I finally notice him.

"What is it-" Zane asks but stops as he notices me and Malcolm. "Party's over everyone so get your asses out now!" Isaiah yells, making everyone groan and start walking away.

'Where did Isaiah come from?' I'm left with all three of my brothers standing in front of me and looking like they're about to strangle me. Isaiah's holding his face with his hand in disbelief while Malcom is staring daggers at me. Zane's breathing heavily and clenching his fists like he's trying to control his anger and not punch me.

"This is not gonna end well" I mumble under my breath, trying to keep myself standing straight but failing as my frame seems to be tilting in one direction.

"Great, she's drunk" Malcolm sarcastically says looking pissed.

"What should we do? Call Zeke?" Isaiah asks, a bit panicked.

"No ones calling them, let's just-" Zane doesn't get to continue as I suddenly throw up on the floor. I look up to notice the twins already on either side of me and helping me stand.

"Just take it easy," Isaiah says as the twins guide me to my room with Zane behind us. 

"Bathroom" I mutter, just as the twins were about to put me down on the bed. I stumble my way towards the bathroom as I get on my knees and start throwing up even more into the toilet. 

"Both of you leave and give her some space" Zane orders with a stern voice making the twins unable to object. I feel a hand collect my hair and hold it out of my face, making it easier to throw up.

'This may be the worst idea I've ever had' I think as I sit back down with my back against the wall after throwing up everything I've eaten for the past few days. Zane sits down beside me on the floor making me believe that he's probably more worried than angry right now.

"Why did you do it?" He simply asks without even looking at me.

"Why did you hurt Anna?" I ask back, making him look at me confused for a second before understanding the situation.

"So that's what this is about. You paid me back by getting drunk when you knew that I would be responsible for it and get blamed by Ezekiel and Domenic" 'Wow he's smarter than he looks'.

"You do realize that you're gonna get punished too, right?" He says as I shrugg in response. 'I don't even care anymore, just as long as he gets punished too'

"Anna is my best friend's big sister and she didn't deserve to get hurt like that. She was crying in the bathroom after what you said" I say as Zane doesn't look surprised or even sorry.

"Oh please, I just did her a favor. I was about to do it with her but felt bad after she told me how much she loved me. She needs to find a nice guy and I'm not one" He answers with a blank face.

"Rejection is never taken well and they always cry after. What you did was stupid and you're paying for it right after you're feeling better" He says, surprising me that he actually cares about me feeling better first.

"How the fuck did you even get free from the handcuffs?" He asks out of nowhere as I smile at him.

"Some weird gel called.. lube?" I answer as he almost chokes on air.

"Why do you even have handcuffs in your room?" I ask as he smirks to himself.

"Just for fun" He says, making me confused. I yawn and unconsciously lay my head on his shoulder as I feel sleep getting the best of me. I feel him slip his arms under my knees and shoulders, carrying me and putting me to bed.

'I wonder why he's so nice to me all of the sudden. Does he not know that I'm about to snitch on them to my oldest brothers?'