CH 01

Hello readers!

Thank you so much for giving this book a chance. It's my first time writing a werewolf story so bare with me as I write this story.

Please also do leave comments as a feedback, just so I'll know how or what to improve throughout this book. Leave a vote or like too if you liked the chapter!

With that said, let's get started!

~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~ ~•~

Camilla's POV

An automatic smile appears on my face as I feel the cold breeze past through me. I sigh with contentment. Just for a moment, my problems and worries were forgotten.

"Cam!" I hear my best friend calling for me.

I make no effort in turning around as I hear footsteps jogging towards me. Within seconds, I feel presence on my left and right.

"Ooh! It's chilly tonight." Haley says as she shivers a little and then cuddles close to me.

"I love it." I state, smiling a little as another cold breeze pass through me.

"I thought you'd be here when I didn't see you inside." Parker says

"You know me too well." I softly smile and Parker returns it.

"Well, the mess has been dealt with when you left. He was thrown in the cells. You don't have to worry about him anymore." Haley says

I sigh and nod.

{20 minutes ago}

My family together with the pack's Beta and Delta are eating dinner together.

You see, my dad, his Beta, and Delta have been friends since they were kids. They grew up together and are pretty much like brothers. My grandpa passed his title down to dad and dad appointed his best friends as Beta and Delta. The previous Beta and Delta only had daughters, and since dad trusts his two best friends and sees their potential, he appointed them to be his second and third. Haley is the Beta's daughter and Parker is the Delta's son. Haley has a little brother, Parker has a little sister and brother, and I have an overly protective big brother who I can lean on.

Haley and I were gossiping when the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" I say

I get up and jog towards the door. I open the door and see Daniel with a bouquet of roses.

"Daniel?"

"Hi Camilla! These are for you." Daniel smiles and thrusts the bouquet into my hands.

"Uhm.. thanks.. I guess. Why are you here?"

"Please give me another chance."

"I already said no, Daniel." I say

"Camilla.. please.." He begs

"Cam, who's at the- oh. it's you." Parker says in annoyance

"Parker? Are you serious, Camilla? Him?!"

"Last time I checked, I'm her best friend and you're the creep who's obsessed with her. What right do you have getting upset?" Parker growls

"Stay out of this, man. This is between me and Camilla." Daniel growls, annoyed

"There is nothing between you and Camilla." Parker shots back

"I suggest you to leave before I inform my dad that you're bothering me again." I tell Daniel

"No.. baby.. please.." Daniel begs, grabbing my hand.

"Get your hands off of her." Parker growls as I try to free my hand.

Suddenly, Daniel pulls me towards him and traps me in his arms then takes off.

"Alpha! Daniel is kidnapping Camilla!" I hear Parker alert my dad before coming after Daniel.

In a split second, dad and Ben are right in front of him. Daniel didn't even get that far.

"Some balls you have in attempt kidnapping my sister, Daniel." Ben growls, his wolf showing.

"I guess you really want to be chain in the cells or better yet, get banished." Dad growls, his wolf also showing.

Daniel steps back, only to bump into Jonathan, the Beta. In a swift motion, Jonathan grabs me from Daniel, pushes me gently towards Parker and Haley, and then pushes Daniel to the ground.

"You okay?" Parker asks me, looking for any possible injuries.

"I'm okay." I say, calming myself while Haley rubs my back comfortingly.

Daniel starts squirming angrily and shouting for me.

"Camilla, baby! You will learn to love me! I am the only one for you! I am your mate!"

"Yikes." Parker cringes and shudders.

"Someone's delusional." Haley snorts.

Not wanting to be in the middle of this mess, I slip out of my best friends' comfort and ran to the lake.

Daniel was a creep who had been stalking and asking to take me out again after the first date. I agreed on a date with him when he first asked, he was cute and I was feeling a little bit hopeless in finding my mate. It had been 5 years since I've turned 18, since then I haven't met my mate. Anyway, the date just felt really weird and I was uncomfortable the whole time, even my wolf, Carla, felt uneasy.

{Back to present time}

"Come on, let's go back to the dinner." Haley says as she holds her hand out for me to grab.

I grab hold of her hand and the three of us walk back in to our house. The Alpha, Beta, and Delta all live together in one mansion.

Once I open the back door, my parents came rushing to me and hug me.

"Oh, sweetie. Where were you?" Mom asks me worriedly as she searches for any possible injuries on me.

"I just needed a breather. I'm okay." I say reassuring my parents and they let out a relieved sigh.

"Don't scare us like that ever again." Mom says

I nod.

"You don't have to worry about Daniel anymore, my dear. He's chained in the cells. He won't bother you anymore." Dad says

I smile and nod, "Thanks dad, for everything."

"Anything to keep you safe, my dear." Dad says, kissing my forehead.

"I could've beat him to pulp." Ben grumbles, his eyes shifting from his brown to blue back and forth.

"Benedict!" Mom scolds

My brother sighs. "Sorry.."

"For the record, I know you could and would, brother." I say, giggling

Ben smirks as mom sighs and dad shakes his head with a hint of amusement on his eyes.

"Anyway, let's continue with dinner." Dad says and we go back to our seats.