CH 30

Camilla's POV

After the encounter with the rogue, I've had sleepless nights. I don't know what was wrong. I don't know if I couldn't sleep from fear for my baby and my pack or what he told me.

"Get ready for the best day of your life, My Queen, because that day is coming soon and I can't wait to take over and rule as King and with you as my Queen. This time, we are going to see through it that its a success. Count your remaining days, My Queen. I will be back for you."

I can still hear him say those words, like it has been tattooed on my mind. I tried to shake it off but it just keeps coming back as nightmares.

It has also been few weeks since I last spoke to my brother. We ended on a bad note and I hated that we left it at that, Carla and Bryan, his wolf, were also too angry to talk properly. I tried to call a few times to mend things and talk it through but each time ended with Carla and Bryan taking full control and hanging up after a screaming match. I've tried talking to Carla but she'd shut me out right after.

It was now a new month and my belly is noticeable like I've just stuffed a small teddy bear in there. Three months and 29 days left and I'll be giving birth to a healthy baby. The pack also had congratulated me after our announcement, it has been weeks of buzzing excitement about our baby and about how the pack will finally have an heir. Well, everyone except Aspen. Matteo and I have also took a day off after the announcement to buy things for our baby.

Currently, I'm resting after doing my Luna duties and Matteo has been with me for 3 hours now. My hormones have been all over the place but everyone has been nothing but patient with me.

Matteo and I were just talking when I suddenly my mind overwhelms me negatively.

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" Matteo asks, looking at me with concern

"Matteo.. what if I'm not ready for this baby? I mean, yeah, I'm excited but I never thought I'd be a mother this early." I ramble

"Baby-"

"And what if I turn out to be a bad mother? Or it dies with complications right after it comes out of me?"

I was now breathing heavily with anxiousness.

"Hey hey, breathe. Cam, breathe with me, okay?" Matteo says softly

I follow Matteo's breathing and soon, I've calmed down.

"Okay, good." He says, "Listen, you will be a great mother, okay? You have nothing to worry about because you've got me and both of our moms here with you every step of the way. Our baby is going to come out alive, healthy and beautiful." Matteo says as he soothes me with back rubs

I sigh out and nod, "Okay."

"Okay." He says quietly

As he continues to rub my back, I soon slip into a deep nap.

- 2 months and 3 days later -

Camilla's POV

I officially have a big baby bump and next month is my due date!

Matteo and our friends have been with me throughout my pregnancy while Matteo and the guys have been leading our warriors and guards in an intense training for a war that's soon to come. It could happen anytime and I just hope it doesn't happen while I'm still pregnant.

Adding to the intense training, Matteo has also called upon other packs to fight with us against Draya and her companions. In the last 3 months, they have wiped out half of the packs in the country; a total of 12 packs in 3 months. All those who survived? They were forced to join Draya or else they'd die.