CH 37

Camilla's POV

Parker and I sit on the lake where we would always feel the cool breeze at night. We sit in silence, and I was grateful Parker doesn't ask but waits for me to be ready.

Letting out a sigh, I wipe my tears and I start to tell him everything. I don't leave a single detail out as I tell Parker. After I'm done, he ponders on what I shared.

"I think you should talk to him." He says

"What?! Why?"

"Well for one, I know it looks like he was cheating on you but you didn't feel any pain, did you?" He asks and I shake my head no, he nods.

"That just means he didn't kiss back but the she-wolf initiated it. Second, you didn't hear him out first, which I don't blame you because you were heartbroken and shocked. Third, as much as I miss you and I want you to stay longer, you need to go back ASAP or else your distance will affect the pack negatively." Parker finishes

I ponder through what he said. Parker was always the level-headed and unbiased out of the three of us, which was why we would always go to him when we needed hard truth to punch us back to reality. It was why Parker is the Beta.

I groan as I realized he was right, when a wolf found its mate, you would feel the betrayal through your stomach whenever your mate is pleasuring someone else, and I didn't feel bit of pain when Carla told me about her suspicion. Carla was so blinded with jealousy and anger that she didn't realized she and I didn't feel any pain of betrayal.

I sigh.

"Mhm, I know I'm right, you don't have to say it." Parker says proudly

I roll my eyes but chuckle. We sit on the lake for a few more hours, catching up. By the time it's 9PM, Parker walks me back to the mansion and bids me goodnight. He leaves and I let out a sigh as I have to tell my parents and Ben. I walk into the living room and see them there with the twins. I sit with mom and tell them why I'm here and what's gonna happen. They nod as they understand, Ben looks like he would bolt out of here and kill Matteo but he calms himself when I turn to glare at him.

"I'll just be here until tomorrow then I'll go back by 7PM." I say

As they nod, I wince and clutch my chest. Alarmed, they swarm around me and about to call the pack doctor. After a while, the pain subsides and I could breathe again.

"What.. was that?" I ask

"It happens when you leave your mate and pack abruptly." Mom says

"Well, it's a good thing I'm going back tomorrow." I say, chuckling lightly to lighten up the mood

That night, I cuddle with the twins to sleep. I wake up the next morning feeling worse than yesterday. I groan as I sit up, another wave of pain hits me and it lasted for a minute. I calm myself before I get up and quickly get ready. I feed the twins then go down to have my own breakfast.

"How did you sleep, dear?" Mom asks, worriedly

"Fine." I smile

"You are not staying here till tonight. You have to go back after lunch, Parker will accompany you."

"But mom-"

"No buts! You are the Luna Queen and you ran away from your pack, Camilla! You are going back after lunch and that's final." Mom says sternly

I huff but I know she's right. The longer I stay away, the more painful it will get. I spend what remaining time I have left going around the pack with the twins, greeting the pack members and seeing how everyone's doing.

By the time lunch passes, Parker sits on the driver side as I bid my family good bye.

"Get her back safely, Parker." Ben says

"Of course, Alpha." Parker says

I get in the car and we drive off. Half way there, I feel my connection with Carla lift. Carla quietly enters my mind, and I feel her guilt and sadness.

"Camilla, I'm sorry." She whimpers

"It's okay, Carla. I understand why you felt that way."

"I miss him." She whispers

"We're almost home."

I feel her nod and settle down quietly. We soon arrive, the guards step aside and bows as they know it's me. I direct Parker to the mansion and gets there in a few minutes. As he parks, I see Gina and Haley comes running out. I get out and almost got knocked to the ground, they pull away and bombard me with words that I can only understand were Matteo is innocent and he didn't cheat on me.

"I know. And Hales, there's someone here that I think you missed." I smirk

Haley squeals as she sees Parker getting out of the car, she goes around and attacks him.

"That's Parker, the Beta of my old pack and our best friend." I tell Gina

My hair all stand as I smell him. I look to the front door and see him coming out slowly, Carla whimpers at the sight of our mate.

"He's in such a terrible shape.. and it's all because of me." Carla says, close to crying

I comfort Carla before I look back at my mate. Parker comes around and puts his arm around me as he greets Gina. This angers Matteo and he comes bolting to us, pushing Parker to the ground and landing on top of him. Before he could do anything, I snap at Matteo.

—————————————————

Hey everyone!

I would like to thank you all for the support you've given to this book. I appreciate every comment and like you guys leave in every chapter, it just motivates me to make this book more interesting.

This book is also coming to an end!
I'm for real going to miss writing about Camilla and Matteo, but! I'm thinking of making a book two and it'll be about the twins. What do you guys think? Would you guys be interested in that? Please leave your comments if you guys would love to read that if ever I push through with it.

With that all said, thank you guys so much again for loving this book and I'll see you all at the last chapter's A/N!

🦁 x