CH 38

Camilla's POV

"Matteo, stop!" I scream

He was breathing heavily with rage, possessiveness, and jealousy.

"Get off and be nice to my best friend." I say sternly

He reluctantly follows what I say and huffs.

"Just so you know, Alpha King, I have a mate of my own and she's back home with our one year old daughter." Parker says, dusting off dirt

Matteo looks away embarrassed but masks it with a glare as I roll my eyes.

"Oh my Goddess, what?!" Haley squeals

Parker turns to Haley with a grin, "Yup! Our little pup is named Milan and my mate is half human, half werewolf."

"She's the best! I met her briefly." I say grinning

As we all converse, I feel a light tug on my arm and I turn to see Matteo looking at me with sad puppy eyes.

"Can we talk?" He asks quietly

I nod and excuse myself from everyone. Matteo leads me to our room after I leave the twins with Kaitlyn. He closes the door and turns to me, he starts to explain his side of what happened in a hurry. He comes closer to me, with his eyes bloodshot red from crying.

"Please don't leave me." He whimpers

"What makes you think I'm going to leave you?" I ask, surprised.

"When you took the twins with you and- You don't know how miserable I was when you left like that. I never would've thought my whole world would shattered and be lifeless. Please, don't leave me." He whispers

"Matteo.."

"Please.." He begs, kissing my face all over.

He kisses over his mark on my neck and I fight the urge to moan.

"Matteo." I call and stop him, firmly this time.

He stops and looks at me again with his sad puppy eyes, I cup his face and look at him.

"I was gone for a day because I needed to think clearly, but I'm back now and I'm not going to leave you. We're okay." I say

"W-we are?"

I nod, "Parker helped me think through things and I realized you never betrayed me because I didn't feel any pain."

He hugs me tight and bury his head into my neck, inhaling my scent.

"I missed you." He whispers

"I missed you too."

"But, I want to show you just how much I missed you." He whispers, his voice getting husky.

🛑 🛑 🛑

He crashes his lips into mine and I melt, forgetting how much I missed his lips on mine. His hands roam around my body, landing on my hips and gripping onto the band of my jeans pulling me closer to him. He swiftly rips them off and pushes me onto the bed. He climbs on top of me and kisses over his mark as he slips two fingers in me. As he hears me softly moan, he picks up his pace and I moan out his name. His kisses trails down to my center and he starts licking.

"Oh my Goddess, Matteo." I moan out, gripping on his hair.

Soon, he takes off his bottoms and quickly thrusts his length into me. I cry out as he starts with a fast pace, driving me quick to the edge.

"Goddess knows how much I missed you." He huskily say as he thrusts even faster and deeper.

We soon came to our end and he collapses beside me. Seconds later, we were at it again and again. We soon collapse into a deep sleep.

🛑 🛑 🛑

I wake up the next morning in a better mood but sore. My eyes flutter open and I see my mate already looking at me with fondness and love in his eyes.

"Well, good morning." I smile softly

"I love you." He says, his voice raspy

I smile, "I love you too."

He kisses me softly with love and care. "I'm so glad you are my mate and you showed me what real love is. I may not be quick to trust again but you taught me how to love and care."

I look at him with a questioning stare, "What's with you all of the sudden?"

"It's just.. before I met you, I told myself I would reject anyone who claims to be my mate because of what happened. When I finally met you, I find it hard to reject you even though I told myself I didn't like you, and then you warmed me up and taught me so much. When you left, it's like my whole world fell apart and I can't live with myself if you end up leaving me."

Matteo pour his heart out to me, this is the most vulnerable he has been with me and he has indeed changed. I smile fondly at my mate, proud of how far he came emotionally and mentally.

I kiss him softly on his forehead, "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

We lie in bed in each other's arms for a few minutes until I hear the twins cry.

I sigh, "Here comes your mother, my lovely pups."

"Say that more happier, why don't you?" Matteo says sarcastically

I roll my eyes and throw a pillow at his face, he laughs as I leave the room. After feeding the twins, I freshen up and go down to have breakfast. The mood was light and cheery until Levi brings up the cause of my abrupt departure.

"What are we going to do with Aspen?"

Gina growls lowly in anger as Matteo's face hardens, tightening his hold on me. I soothe him with caresses on his thigh.

"She will be banished." Matteo says with finality in his voice

"Let's just get it over with and kill her." Gina growls

"Gina! Is that how a Beta Princess should act?" Kaitlyn scolds her

Gina huffs as Levi calms her down.

After breakfast, Matteo, Levi, and I go down to the dungeon. Gina was forced to be left behind because her blood just boils every time Aspen was mentioned. We stop in front of Aspen's cell and I was shocked to see she's got dry blood all over face.

Aspen looks up and gasps, she comes scrambling closer but winces at the wolfsbane laced chains on her wrists.

"M-matteo, please-"

"It's Alpha King to you, you disrespectful mutt." Levi snaps

She glares at Levi and looks back to Matteo with her fake innocence, her eyes shifts to me and it hardens.

"What is she doing here?"