CH 06

Camilla's POV

"I'll talk to him, okay?" Kyle says, giving me his reassuring smile before he climbs into the car.

I smile sadly and nod. The car door closes and they drive off.

It's been a week since Matteo left without me. I've slowly slipped into depression as my mate isn't close to me and it felt like a rejection when he left me behind. Most of my time, I spent it lying on the bed feeling lonely. There would be occasional unbearable pain and ache in chest for wanting to be close to him but he isn't here so I just try bare with it.

My parents found out that Matteo is my mate. Ben told them since they were so worried because of the way I was suddenly so sad and quiet. They've been trying to make me feel better but all I wanted was to be alone or be with my mate.

Two weeks had passed and I was now in heat. Female werewolves go in heat when they are far from their mates or when they haven't been marked in the first week. Since I'm an Alpha's daughter and have Alpha blood, my scent is stronger than normal females. Dad made sure my door and windows are shut close before he assigned two mated guards outside my door. When a female werewolf is in heat, it lasts a week and the scent only attracts unmated male werewolves that drives them with blinded lust. Fortunately, my scent doesn't affect my brother.

Carla has been quiet in my mind too, she hasn't spoken to me since Matteo left. I haven't tried to talk to her anyway since I'm in my own sad state.

"Hey, sis." Ben quietly greets me as he comes into my room.

I stay still as I see him coming around the bed and settle in front of me.

"Here. It's your favourite!" Ben says, placing the food on my bedside table together with orange juice and water.

"You have to eat." Ben says worriedly

"I'm not hungry." I quietly reply

"At least go and take a cool shower, you're sweating and heating up." He says

"Later."

Ben sighs. He kisses my forehead and then leaves my room. Minutes later, I get up and walk to my bathroom. I strip and take a cold shower. I sigh as the cold water touches my hot skin.

After the shower, I go back to my bed and lay down.

Matteo's POV

"Matteo, let's go back and bring Camilla here!" Mason begs me for the nth time this week

"No. I don't need her here."

"Well I do!" Mason growls

"Matteo?"

I snap back to reality and see Levi looking at me worriedly.

"What?"

"Are you good there?"

"Perfect."

The door suddenly slams open and Kyle marches in. I glare at Kyle for his sudden disrespect.

"You can't just leave her like that, Matt. She's your mate!" Kyle yells at me

"We've already talked about this, Kyle." I say, glaring at him

"I doubt you don't want her here. Deep down, I know you want her to be near you. You haven't been acting like yourself for three weeks, Matt. You've been extra sensitive and easily angered. You need her."

"I don't need her to keep me sane! Now, we have more important things to discuss, rather than my mate." I growl

"Your mate IS the important thing to discuss!"