CH 02

Camilla's POV

It's been a week since the Daniel mess. I've started my Luna studies yesterday because mom said that my mate might be at my brother's Alpha ceremony, and also because I've delayed the training for too long.

Dad is retiring his position as Alpha soon and he is passing it on to my brother, so as the Beta and Delta positions. My brother, Haley's little brother, and Parker are about to be Alpha, Beta, and Delta of this pack! Haley would've been the Beta, but she didn't want to in case she meets her mate in the ceremony.

Ben's Alpha ceremony is happening next month and I'm close to finishing my training. Mom's really quick and thorough with teaching me and I guess I'm just a fast learner. Points to dad for giving me the fast learning genetics.

Currently, I'm following my mom around as I observe her attend her duties. The pack house has been busy lately. The omegas are helping in decorating for the ceremony in our ballroom while the cooks are experimenting and practicing the dishes here and there to make the food for the ceremony delicious.

"Sweetie, will you please go and check the kitchen?" Mom tells me as she goes and helps with the decoration.

"On it." I say and leave the ballroom.

On my way to the kitchen, I hear two female werewolves gossiping in hush tones.

"Did you hear the Alpha King is attending as well??"

"Yess!! I can't wait to see his handsome face!"

"I bet he's my mate."

"Oh please, he's mine. I'm hot, he's hot. It just makes sense."

I clear my throat and the two omegas jump and turn their heads to me.

"I think you have jobs to do instead of gossiping." I say in my Luna tone

"We apologize, Ms. Murphy!" One of them says and they both scurry away with the last box of decorations.

Sighing, I continue my way to the kitchen.

Matteo's POV

"Come in." I say when someone knocked on my office door.

"Alpha." Levi greets as he and Kyle bows

"What is it?" I ask as my eyes are still on the documents.

"We received an invitation to the Alpha ceremony of White Eclipse pack." Levi says as he hands me the invitation.

I look through the details and nod. I look up.

"Ah! And the Alpha finally looks at us." Kyle jokes

I frown.

"Kidding. Anyway, we're attending right?" Kyle asks

"Yes, we are. Inform the head patrol guards to guard our land well while we're out." I say

Levi and Kyle nods.

"I just mind-linked the North and South head guards, Alpha." Levi says

"Me too with the East and West guards." Kyle says

"Good."

"Soo.." Levi starts as he settles down on the chair in front of me and Kyle smirks as he gets comfortable on the long couch.

"What." I say

"Alpha ceremony.." Kyle trails off, smirking

"Just spit it out, you two." I groan, knowing what they're going to say.

"Maybe your mate will be there." Levi says and Kyle's smirk widens

I sigh loudly.

It has been 9 years since I've turned 18 and I have yet to find my mate. Truth is, I stopped putting effort in finding her after 5 years of trying, and now I don't know whether or not I want to find her again. The mate bond makes you crazy possessive and protective over your mate, not only that but it gives your enemies an idea on how to take you down. Although I am the Alpha King, I still have enemies left who wants my title and the power that comes with it.