02. queen bee

It is her, it is really her. I want to hug her, kiss her, tell her how much I have missed her. But then I remember what she did to me five years ago.

Maybe she has a good explanation?

The blonde in front of me let out a low chuckle, but I can see past her facade. She is nervous.

       "My name is Mia Delacroix, Mr Hathaway." She states with an amuse smile.

She must be trying to play with me.

       "Right. Your stage name is Mia Delacroix. Your real name however is E-"

       "My birth name is Mia Delacroix." She says, this time with a more threatening tone. "I can show you my birth certificate if you'd like Mr Hathaway."

       "That won't be necessary Mia," Daniel assures nervously. "Quinn, sit down and leave Ms Delacroix alone."

I did as told, but my gaze wonders over to 'Mia'. She looks much more mature now. Of course, when I first met her she was only eighteen. Now she is a blossomed woman.

       "Quinn are you paying attention to what I am saying?" Daniel asks with discontent.

"Of course," I reply with an unbothered smirk.

Daniel rolls his eyes and continues.

       "We will begin recording tomorrow." He announces and everyone nods.

       "Quinn, does Aurora have the props ready?" Fred asks and I nod.

"Her assistant will be delivering them to us tomorrow morning." I add.

Daniel and Fred nod, both of them satisfied with my answer.

"Well, we hope all of you have memorized your scripts..."

I try my hardest to focus my attention on Daniel's words but I can't. My eyes keep wondering to her.

"Is that understood Quinn?"

I look up and find everyone staring at me.

"Huh?" I ask with confusion causing Daniel to frown.

"I was asking that you be punctual to our filming days," he says through gritted teeth.

I clench my jaw, but remain cool. "Of course," I nod forcing a smile.

"Mia, the same g-"

Before Fred can finish his statement Mia says, "There's no need for the warning Mr Killian." She directs her cold gaze toward me. "Unlike other crew members, I know how to be punctual."

       Feisty.

       I scoff at her indirect comment. "What is that supposed to mean, Mia?" I raise an eyebrow in defiance.

       "Nothing at all, Mr Hathaway."

My lips press together in a hard line. There she goes again with the formalities.

"Please call me Quinn. After all we will be co-stars and lovers on-screen." I smirk when I see her confident act break a little as she fiddles with her ring.

She cocks her head to the side and purses her lips, pretending to think about it.

"I'll stick with Mr Hathaway," she states.

I open my mouth to respond, but her manager beats me to it.

"If there is nothing more to say about the film, then Mia and I shall be on our way. She had a photo shoot to attend for Dovue." He explains.

"Of course," Daniel nods. "Get some rest and good sleep. Tomorrow the work begins."

       Everyone begins to pack and I maintain my focus on Mia. Once she gets ready to leave the room, I stand up and follow her. I need to talk to her, alone.

       However, before I can reach her, Daniel calls out my name and purse my lips in annoyance. I turn to face him with impatient expression.

       "Yeah?" I hum.

       "Six a.m. sharp," he says with a warning look in his eyes.

       "Six a.m. sharp. Got it." I state and quickly exit the room before he can delay me anymore.

       I look down the corridors, but of course to my luck she was already gone. My fists clench together in frustration.

       Damn it!

Mia's POV

I step into the car with an long sigh of exhaustion. I rub my temples, but the loud slamming of the car door alarms me.

"That thirst for revenge is going to mess this up for all of us!" Theo barks.

"How do you want me to flirt with that disgusting man!" I yell back.

I thought seeing him would go much easier. I thought I was ready, but I am not. The things he did to me spark an anger inside me that is not easy to put out.

       "You will woo him, get all the information you can from him and then you can get your revenge. Don't let your resentment ruin the plan. Entendido?"

       I look out the window knowing he is right.

       "Si," I mutter.

       "We will make sure Quinn Hathaway ends where he belongs." Theo assures.

       I nod with a determined look.

       "Behind bars."

- Author's Note -Dun

- Author's Note -
Dun...dun...duuuuuun!
Hola, my lovelies! Here is chapter 2 of Rules of Loving. We got a little bit of Mia's POV in this chapter and we will continue to get some more throughout future chapters. Why do you think she hates Quinn so much? What happened in Cancún? Let me know your thoughts in the comments and any predictions of what will happen next. Thank you so much for reading my lovelies. Feel free to vote, comment and share if you enjoyed. Polite feedback is always appreciated!

I have decided to update weekly since I have some free time on my hands, however if I do not answer my DMs or comments quickly it's because I am between the two accounts.

I know this chapter is a little on the shorter side, but most chapters will range from 4-10 pages, just a little FYI. Also, I will be adding song(s) I think fit the chapter that you can listen to while reading (s/n: some may be in other languages). They will be found below.

Thank you again my lovelies! I'll see you next week with another chapter. Remember to...
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay awesome!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song(s): Depredador - Reina del Flow