24. movie premiere

2 months later...

I let out a long yawn as I stretch out in bed. I look over at the sleeping brunette laying beside me. A light snore escaped from her as she breathed in and out.

"Stalker," she mumbles but her eyes remain closed. I chuckle at her comment as I push back a few strands of her hair.

       "I just love watching you sleep so peacefully," I defend as I draw circles on her bare shoulder. Her eyes flutter open and greets me with a tired smile. "How are you feeling?"

       "Much better than yesterday," Mia replies. "I don't know what caused my stomach to become so upset."

"Maybe the steak was a bit undercooked?" I muse.

"It could be that," she shrugs.

"Do you feel well enough to go to the movie premiere?"

Mia turns to me with an excited expression and nods. "Nothing will ruin this great night," she says. "My first big-screen movie and our first movie together."

"I am surprised it did not receive much backlash," I mumble. "Especially after everything with Daniel."

I hated that man's guts. He and his wife put the love of my life through hell and back. If I could I would revert all the pain they caused her.

       "Let's not think about the past," Mia says pulling me out of my thoughts. "Come on, we have to get ready for the red carpet."

       Mia stands up from the bed and reaches over her gray sleeping robe that matches her gray sleeping gown. I give her a pouty frown to which she turns a stern look. I sigh in defeat and step out of the bed.

       "Let me use the bathroom real quick and I'll meet you at the kitchen." I state and Mia nods before walking out of the bedroom.

       I quietly sneak over to my office attached to the bedroom. I open one of the desk drawers and pull out the blue velvet box. I clicked the button on the front and it opened to display a oval-cut diamond ring. I close the box up and walk back into the bedroom. I grab my suit jacket and hide the box in the interior pockets. 

       "I am making eggs and bacon," Mia chirps as I walk into the kitchen.

       I begin making coffee while Mia prepares our meal. I watch as she focuses on not burning the egg and can't help but smile. I am ready to make her my wife and love her and only her.

***

"You saw the way they screamed," Mia giggle reminiscing the memories of her first red-carpet. "I have to admit, all those flashing cameras made me feel a bit dizzy."

Concern overwhelms me upon hearing this.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask worried for her health. Lately Mia had been feeling a bit lightheaded and at times sick to her stomach.

"It was not that bad," she assures. She then perks up with excitement. "Who do you think is going to be at the after-party?"

       I look away hesitantly. "Umm, maybe Timothée Chalamet?" I muse.

The truth is that we were not headed to the after-party. I had instructed the driver to take Mia and I to the beach where I have everything set up for my proposal.

"Personally I would like to meet Chris Hemsworth," Mia comments and I feel a tingly feeling of jealousy arise. Mia notices the shift in my mood and giggles. "But of course, I have my favorite actor and most handsomest actor right next to me."

She pecks my lips in order to ease my jealous state and I melt into her affection. The car comes to a slow stop at the designated spot and I feel the nerves inside me grow. Mia and I had discussed getting married someday in the future, so I did not know if she would say yes.

The door opens and I step out first. I reach inside and Mia takes my hand as she too steps out. She is surprised by the candle-trail in front of us.

"Quinn," Mia gasps in awe at the sight. I grab her hand and guide her down the trail which turns into a big heart as we walk further and stops under a large cherry-blossom tree.

Hanging from the tree were love notes along with pictures of us from the past two months. Mia is busy admiring the notes and photos and I kneel down on one knee while her back is to me.

"Mia," I gently call out and she turns to look at me. Her palms go to her mouth as she notices the ring in my hands. "I know we said we would take it slow and get to know each other more, but Mia, it feels like I have known you my whole life. You complete me. I don't want any other woman by my side, but you...only you. I want to grow old together and grow a family with you. Will you marry me, Bonita?"

"Yes!" Mia exclaims and I slide the ring onto her finger. She jumps into my arms and I pull her close feeling both surprised but relieved.

"I know we said we would wait b—"

"—I am pregnant!" Mia exclaims and I stare with wide-eyed.

"P-Pregnant?" I repeated in shock and my hesitantly nods.

"I found out two days ago," she admits. "I wanted to tell you, but I knew we said we would take things slow and I didn't know if you were ready to have a kid. So, I kept it a secret."

"My love, with you I am ready for anything." I state as I pull her close and guide my hand to her abdomen, caressing it gently. "And this little angel is a blessing, of course I am ready."

Mia looks up at me with a wide grin and I lock our lips together. Not only was I going to be a husband, but a father as well. My life finally felt complete and sane and happy.

- Author's Note - As I said last time, this wonderful story between Mia and Quinn is coming to an end

- Author's Note -
As I said last time, this wonderful story between Mia and Quinn is coming to an end. This is the last chapter before the epilogue. Have you guys enjoyed the story thus far? Let me know in the comments your thoughts and which has been your favorite scene. As always, if you enjoyed, leave a vote and share with your friends. I will see you later this week with the final chapter.
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋