06. building chemistry

"Asshole!"

       "Drama queen!"

       "Douchebag!"

       "Attention seeker!"

       "Both of you stop it!" Daniel barks. "We cannot continue the film if both of you are going to fight the entire time."

       "It's not me it's him," Mia states as the same time I say, "It's not me it's her."

       Daniel pinches the bridge of his nose and throws the script into the air.

       "Take another five minute break." He announces everyone scatters away. "Mia, Quinn may I talk to you for a second?"

Mia and I walk over to Daniel who seems beyond pissed. Fred stands next to him, holding back an amused smile.

"Fred and I have been talking," Daniel begins cautiously. "We think you two needs some chemistry training-"

"Chemistry training?" We both ask in confusion.

"One-on-one rehearsal," Fred states. "You two will get together for an hour or two and rehearse your scripts, alone."

"We need the chemistry from that first scene back." Daniel adds.

"Fine," Mia is the first to answer and I raise an eyebrow surprised by her quick response. "Every Tuesday and Thursday at 5 p.m. at your place. Is that alright with you?"

"Y-Yeah," I say hesitantly. Where was this new side coming from?

"Very well, we start tonight. Give my assistant your address."

Mia walks away, leaving all three of us dumbfounded.

"Well, that was easier than expected." Fred admits.

"Anastasia!" Mia calls out and the brunette hurriedly arrives. "Go grab me my usual."

Anastasia, one of the side characters that has become Mia's new minion, obediently nods and begins to walk away.

"Oh, and Anastasia—" the brunettes stops and turns to Mia. "—Get my order right this time."

Anastasia nods with a strained smile and continues to make her way out of the set.

"Bitch," She mumbles causing me to softly chuckle.

       I turn my eyes to Mia who is making her way to the dressing rooms, swaying her hips in a sassy manner. I smirk as I tap my chin mischievously. I will get the truth out of her, but it is time I switch techniques.

Mia's POV

       "You have an intelligent mind, Mia." Theo gushes as he inserts the wireless walkie-talkie earpiece into my ear.

"Discreetly getting access to his home so we can place bugs. Brilliant!" William adds enthusiastically.

I place my long blonde locks over my ear and my lips curl up into a smug smile. I adjust my black blouse and let the first three buttons be undone to expose my bosom a tiny bit.

"Wish me luck guys," I chirp as I exit the car. The two of them give me a thumbs up and I tap my ear to turn on the earpiece.

       I step into the elevator and take in a deep breathe. I can feel my heart beat begin to accelerate as the doors slide open I step out.

       "E12, E12, E12," I chant as I try to find Quinn's apartment door. "E12!"

       I hesitantly raise my clenched fist to the door. I close my eyes and knock on the black door. The blood inside me beginning to rush out of my pumping heart rapidly.