13. the lunar orphange

"Alright, that's a wrap!" Daniel calls out as the take ends. "Enjoy these last few hours and we will leave tomorrow morning at six."

       I rub my neck, letting out a long yawn.

"It's still early, you up for some drinks?" Julieta asks and I shake my head with an apologetic smile.

"I can't-"

"You can bring Mia, too." Julieta states.

"I would love to but I promised Gabriella I would go with her to the Lunar orphanage." I reply.

"Right, right. That annual charity thing you two do." Julieta replies remembering Gabby and I's annual traditional.

"What annual charity?" Mia's asks as she approaches us.

"I'll leave you two to talk," Julieta mumbles before walking away.

       "A friend and I always go to this orphanage and do some charity work." I explain and Mia seems unconvinced.

       "Can I come with you?"

       I offer her a smile and nod slowly. "Yes."

Mia's POV

I stare at the road ahead trying to memorize it. I did not know if 'charity' is a keyword for some shady business, but I was not going to let the opportunity pass. I need to get evidence, but most importantly answers after the discovery of that photo. I ran it to check if it is actually legit and it is, the restaurant it was taken at confirmed it too. I still have not mentioned it to Theo and William because it would spark controversy and confusion, but I need to find more information about it.

As the car comes to a slow stop, I am surprised when I find a tall building standing in front of us. The address number is 706, but on the front door there is a poster that reads, 'Lunar Orphanage'.

"An orphanage?" I blurt out confused.

"Yes," Quinn chuckles. "What, you thought I was lying?" He adds in a teasing manner.

I shake my head vigorously. "No, no, not at all."

Quinn gives me a confused smile but steps out of the car nonetheless. I follow his lead and we walk up to the door. Quinn knocks twice and then the door opens to reveal a petite brunette.

"You made it," she smiles at Quinn and then her gaze falls on me. "And you brought a friend."

"Girlfriend," I correct in an unintentionally sassy tone.

"Gabby, this is Mia Delacroix, my love interest onset and offset." Quinn jokes trying to lighten the mood after my rude introduction.

"I thought you two-" Gabby stops herself and dismisses the thought with a shake of her hand. "Come in, come in."

       Gabby leads us down the hall and to the living room where a bunch of kids are running around and playing. Gabby scooches closer to Quinn's ear.

       "I thought you said she was in a pain in the ass." She whispers but I can hear her words clearly.

       "It's a long story." Quinn whispers back.

       Gabby nods before putting in a smile.

       "Would you guys like anything to drink?" She asks sweetly.

"Water, please." I answer first.

"I'll take the same."

Gabby walks out of living room and disappears down the hall.