21. me and my broken heart

I walk into the bedroom with a numb feeling in my chest. The clothes scattered around the room and the unmade sheets make the anger begin to boil.

       "Argh!" I yell as I begin to rip the sheets from the bed, hoping it will undo the pain.

       I sink to the floor gripping Mia's dress to my chest. My head throbbing from all the thinking and sobbing. However, I could not stop myself. The tears continued to pour out. I never knew it could hurt this much.

       I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I look up with a startled expression. I find Julieta giving me a small smile.

       "How did yo-"

       "You have the tendency to leave your spare key under the mat." She nudges me with a teasing smile. She reaches her hand out and cups my face. "I arrived last night after my dad called me."

       "Why did he call you?" I ask.

       "Somehow he is also tied into this mess," Julieta sighs. "According to the police's witness, my dad knows who El Tiburon is and so they are holding him until he makes a declaration."

       "Are they just arresting anyone with a connection to me?" I chuckle bitterly.

Julieta gives me a small smile before sitting down beside me. She rests her head on my shoulder.

"How is Mia taking all of this?"

I scoff at the mention of her name and Julieta perks up with eyebrows knitted together and a confused frown.

"She knew all along," I sigh.

"What do you mean she knew all along?"

"She was just playing me. She blamed me for the death of Gina, her best friend. She only got close to me so she could get concrete evidence that would tie me to her murder." I rub my temples that begin to throb again. "Mia isn't even her real name. She's Elena Castillo."

"The girl you were going to marry?" Julieta asks, remembering the name.

I nod as I feel the tears swell again. I could forgive her for leaving me at the alter because of the death of her friend. However, I can't forgive her blaming me for it. She really thought so low of me, she considered me a murderer.

"She really—" the rest of my sentence turns into sobs. "I-I am sorry."

"Sshh, it's okay let it all out," Julieta says in a gentle voice and wraps her arms around me. She lifts my chin and stared down at my lips. "I can help you forget."

I hesitantly nod wanting to be distracted from the ache in my heart. Julieta closes the gap between us and lays her lips down on mine, but nothing. Numbness. That is all I felt.

Julieta pulls me close as she kisses me with so much passion while I kiss her back but I can't feel anything. It felt wrong. I gently push her away.

"I can't," I state and Julieta frowns. "As much as I want to, it doesn't feel right."

Julieta's frown turns into a somber smile. "You really fell for her," she murmurs.

       I give Julieta an apologetic expression as I take my hands through my hair.

       "As much as I want to hate her for what she did...I love her." I sigh.

Mia's POV

       I stare blankly at the wall in front of me. He hates me. I rub my temples as I sigh heavily.

       "I am so stupid," I mumble to myself.

       "Still beating yourself up over that idiot, huh?" William states and I turn to him with a scowl.

       "When you find the love of your life, you'll understand." I retort as I sink back into my seat.

       "He killed your friend in cold blood!" William exclaims as if trying to knock some sense into me.

       "He didn't!" I yell back.

       "Then why did Gina say it was him and Erin?" William shoots back. "Why would she blame them if they were so innocent?"

       "I don't know," I groan in frustration. "All of this—I just feel like we are missing something."

"Well maybe we'll find some answers tonight," William hums as he begins taking gear from the wall next to me.

"What's tonight?"

"Theo wants us to go to the party Daniel is throwing as a celebration for the near completion of the movie." William explains. "He believes that maybe someone from the crew or close to Quinn may have information that we can use against him."

"Of course he does," I scoff as I rest my head on my palm.

"Your dress and gear are in the other room," William explains.

I heave a sigh and walk toward the other room. In there I found a red silk gown laid out for me. I close the door behind me and with a determined look I stalk over to the dress.

       "I am going to prove your innocence," I state as I pick up the dress.

- Author's Note -
Hola my lovelies...I am back again with another chapter! So, Quinn finally found out the truth but he still loves Mia. What do you think really happened to Gina? Let me know your thoughts and predictions in the comments. Please vote and share if you enjoyed. Next update will be between Monday or Tuesday.

I am sad to announce that this book is close to the end, but I have many works in mind. If you'd like another steamy romance with a bit of mystery, check out Forbidden Temptations! I am also planning to continue the edited version of The Billionaire's Proposal which will update every Monday. Thank you so much for reading my lovelies!

S/N: I know I did not say much about this in my last chapter but there is so much going on right now and I wanted to let my followers, readers and supporters from Ukraine that my support is with you. For anyone that can donate to help aid these brothers and sisters, please do. I will be praying for all the innocent Ukrainian citizens whom have been affected by this act of violence.

As always my lovelies, through these troubling times...
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay awesome.
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song(s): Moral of the Story - Ashe ft. Niall Horan