07. peace treaty

I walk step into the designated set with a smug smile that had not left my face since last night. Mia, Elena, one in the same. My new plan had worked and I am beyond proud.

       "Good morning, Quinn." Fred greets as he hands me my script.

       I read over the lines trying to memorize each one of them and get into character.

       "It's only going to me today?" I ask and Fred shakes his head.

       "You will be working with William today." Fred motions with his head to William who is standing a few feet away.

       My jaw twitches as my two fists clenched together. His plain existence makes me so...angry.

       "How did the one-on-one rehearsal go?"

       My mind drifts back to last night and the steamy desire surrounding Mia and I. I bit the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from smiling wide as the anger subsides.

       "Good," I shrug, acting nonchalant about it. "How is your daughter doing?"

       Fred gives me a toothy smile. "She is dong great. She is in New York right now for a modeling gig with Vogue."

       I smile, happy with his answer. I am glad Julieta is staying as far away from her mediocre husband. I look up at Fred and purse my lips. I want to tell him, but Julieta made me promise I wouldn't. She did not want her father worrying about her.

       "Alright, Quinn, let's go!" Daniel calls out and I walk over to the blue sports car.

I step inside and wait for Daniel's cue. Once he gives it, I start up the car and drive up to the tall glass building, the engine roaring loudly. I step out, letting the wind fan my brown locks and I button up my blazer effortlessly.

"Good morning, cousin." William who is playing Xander greets.

I am beyond glad my character and his do not get along because if they did, it would've made filming this movie much harder. I follow the instructions for my character and ignore his greeting. I walk past the revolving door and stop once I am inside the building.

"Cut!" Daniel calls out and I walk back outside waiting for his command. "Perfect! Take a small break while we set up the set again for one more take."

       Fred smiles in my direction giving me a thumbs up as he too watches the scene replaying on the screens in front of them.

I walk over to the tent that is set up to provide shade and food. I take a water bottle from the table and gulp half of it down. The blazer and warm weather are not a good mix.

"You did good out there."

       I try to hid my smug smirk as I turn to face the source of the sweet voice.

       "Thank you," I say nonchalantly as I begin to unbutton my cuffs because of the heat.

       Mia's eyes glance down at my working fingers, but quickly snaps her gaze back to my face. A smirk tugs at my lips as I notice her nervous demeanor.

       "I want to talk to you about last night." She states as she approaches me slowly. "Look what happened was simpl-"

       "—Acting. It was simply acting, I know."

       Mia seems a little stung by my coldness, but shakes it away.

"I want this movie to workout and therefore I want to pose a truce." She states as she walks closer before extending her hand out to be. "I will stop being a drama Queen for the remainder of this movie as long as you promise to not refer to me as Elena no more because I am not that girl."

Oh, Elena.

I nod and shake her hand. "Very well, Mia. I accept your truce."

"Who knows, maybe we will end up as friends at the end?" Mia muses with a flirty smirk.

I raise an amused brow. "Or more."

"In your dreams, Hathaway." Mia replies, but she too returns a tempting gaze.

"A man can dream Mia."

Mia chuckles and turns on her heel, swinging her hips seductively as she walks away.

"See you on set, Quinn."

"See you on set—" I wait until she leaves the tent and then smirk. "Elena."

- Author's Note -Hey my lovelies! Another week ahead of us and I hope it is a wonderful one for all of you

- Author's Note -
Hey my lovelies! Another week ahead of us and I hope it is a wonderful one for all of you. So, Quinn finally confirmed officially that Mia is in fact Elena. This chapter is pretty chill but the drama is just starting. I plan to upload two more times this week, most probably Wednesday and Friday so be on the lookout for another two chapters later this week.

As always, if you enjoyed please feel free to leave a comment, vote and share. Thank you so much for reading my lovelies. I'll see you later this week with another update.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay awesome!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋