17. rescuing julieta

I feel my heartbeat accelerating as I rush out of the car. Mia follows close behind me as I try to find an opening into the mansion. Please let me make it one time. I pray in my head as we continue looking.

"Fuck it." I mutter before walking over to pick up one of the bricks from Julieta's mini garden.

"Quinn, what are you doing?" Mia asks.

I slam the brick onto the glass door causing it to shatter into tiny pieces. Mia gasps at my actions but I waste no time and rush inside.

"Julieta!" I call out as I climb up the stairs.

"You want me to be a real man, than I'll be one for you sweetheart." I hear the voice of her monster-of a husband.

"No! Let go of me!"

I run down the corridors and push the bedroom door open. A very bruised Julieta is pinned down to the bed while Devan is taking off his belt.

       "Get off her you prick!" I bark as I tackle him to the ground.

       "You just had to call your little boy toy." Devan hisses as he aims to fight back.

       "Shut up, asshole." I growl as I punch Devan hard in the nose. "Mia take Julieta and leave. Now!"

        Mia grabs Julieta and the two of them hurry out of the mansion. Devan pushes me off and begins to throw one punch after another. Somehow I am able to roll us over and I am on top once more. I grab ahold of the vase on the bed stand as Devan pushes me down. I feel his hands grip onto my neck and my strength weakening along with my breathing. I use all I can muster to slam the vase onto his head and he falls onto the ground. I let out a loud gasp for air as I lean onto the bed to help me sit up.

       I wipe away the blood dripping down my nose before reach down and checking for a pulse. To my luck, the damn asshole is still alive. I rush down the stairs and out of the mansion where Mia and Julieta stood.

       "Quinn!" Julieta runs into my arms.

       I rub her back as I feel her body shaking. The loud wailing of the police sirens announce their arrival and I look down at Julieta. I take off my jacket and place it around her before cupping her face. I wipe away the tears trickling down her cheeks.

       "You have to tell them everything that jerk put you through." I tell her in a gentle tone. "You must let them know this isn't the first time and if they don't lock him up, it won't be the last."

       "Okay," Julieta whimpers as she tries to control her crying.

       "We received a call about a domestics abuse issue?" The cop asks as he approaches us.

       Julieta looks up at me and I nod. She holds onto my arm as we walk closer to the cop.

       "My husband...he began to hit me after a small dispute. I ran upstairs and called my friend because I-I knew he was going to kill me." Julieta explains a shaky voice. "He barged into the room once he heard me calling for help and he pinned me to the bed. I tried calming him down but he just kept hitting me so I tried to defend m-myself and I scratched him. He exploded and tried to—he tried to—he was going to rape me."

The cop who is taking down the notes looks up. "Where is your husband now?"

"He is upstairs, unconscious." I answer.

The cop raises an eyebrow before motioning his men to go into the house.

"I'll need you to come with me to the station for a proper testimony." The cop states and we nod.

I guide Julieta into the vehicle and Mia follows right behind us.

***

"You were a true hero today." Mia states as I walk out of the interrogation room.

"I couldn't allow for Julieta to die at the hands of the bastard." I reply.

Mia walks up to me with a proud smile as she wraps her arms around me, laying her head on my chest.

"I love you, Quinn Hathaway." She says in a whisper but I am able to hear her.

       Before I can ask her if I heard correctly, Julieta emerges into the waiting room. Her bruises are all bandaged up and cleaned up.

       "Thank you for coming to help me...to rescue me." Julieta gives us a grateful smile. "Both of you."

       "You don't have to thank us." I reply.

       "Where will you be staying tonight?" Mia asks concerned. "Although, that monster is behind bars, I don't think you should be alone tonight."

       "Mia is right." I nod. "You can stay with us tonight, if you'd like?"

       Julieta shakes her head. "My dad is coming for me soon." She replies. "I finally had the guts to let him know what was really going on in my marriage."

       "You are really brave for that." I state. I walk over to Julieta and engulf her in a hug. She hugs me back accepting my embrace. "If you ever need a friend, I am here, okay?"

       Julieta nods with a smile as we pull away. I am happy that she was finally able to end the abuse and injustice in her marriage. And although, I am no longer able to be there for her as a lover, I want her to know that she'll always have a friend in me.

 And although, I am no longer able to be there for her as a lover, I want her to know that she'll always have a friend in me

- Author's Note -
Hello my lovelies! Updates have been rather slow, which is the opposite of what I wanted. Lately I've been packed with so many things but I hope to have more chapters out this week. I am thinking of a double update for Saturday. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments your thoughts. Also, the prologue for Forbidden Temptations will be releasing soon, so be on the lookout! I'll see you soon my lovelies hopefully with another update. For now...
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay awesome!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋