Chapter 1 {RE}

3rd P O V

The sky was painted with a gradient of warm colors from the late afternoon's sun which basked the land below in warmth. The moment the sun has fully set, and the celestial body rises the gala begins. The gala was no ordinary gala as no other event in the supernatural world allows for every magical being, well most of them as long as they're of status, to all be engaged with the company of each other within the same space.

Presently Lucian was leaving school with his friend's. He's been anticipating attending the gala for the longest time and he's finally of age to attend.

"So, Lucian how are you feeling about finally getting to attend the gala" Layla his friend asked him "I guess I'm a little nervous, ok maybe not a little but quite a lot of freaking God's are going to be there" Lucian stated with an exaggerated tone.

 "it's going to be completely fine as long as they don't talk to you and if they do well, I'll be there with you" Layla placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled.

 "Can you guys stop talking about the gala, you know I can't go" Melody stated with a sigh somewhat sad she can't attend. 

Layla and Lucian immediately diverted the topic after hearing Melody's words, feeling insensitive about their conversation a few seconds earlier. They remained mostly silent for the rest of the ride until one by one they reached their destinations.

Lucian was dropped right up to his castle's doorway, where his butler opened the carriages door for him. Immediately he ran up to the castles door which awaited open for him. Making his way through the hallways to his bedroom a hand on his shoulder halted his rush "what's the rush Lucian and why are you running in the castle when you know you're not supposed to," his father, The King asked with a curious expression.

"What do mean why am I running don't we have the gala to attend in a few hours" Lucian watched his father with a bewildered stare.

 "What gala I thought your mother told you we will not be attending this year" the king diverted his eyes away from his son avoiding eye contact with a playful grin was on his face.

 "Are you joking with me right now father" Lucian deemed with a questionable tone "I'm the king does it look like I have time to joke" Gabriel the king responded, "so were not going?" before the king could answer a voice interrupted them. "Lucian why haven't began getting dressed for the gala as yet, your dressers are waiting for you" she stated.

"Father said that we won't be attending this year" "Gabriel how many times do I have to tell you to stop with these silly jokes" The queen said with a sigh and told Lucian to go get dressed "I knew you were lying father" Lucian yelled playfully once he was across the hallway.

Entering his chamber, the scent of fresh lavender and orange blossom filled his nostrils. His bath was already prepared and waiting for him, ridding his clothes he eased himself into his bath and exhaled deeply. Lucians' personal servant sat by his head and gently massaged his shoulder before he began getting dressed.

A few hours later Lucian and his parents were being transported to the gala through teleportation. The gala was being held quite far from Lucian's kingdom so physical transport won't be the most ideal. Arriving with a shimmering golden light, Lucian stepped foot onto the first step of a long ascending staircase. His parents held hands and stood behind Lucian, as he started making his way down the stairs, they followed with their heads held high.

Lucian wore a silky pastel pink shirt that was tucked in all the way around into his pants which was pastel pink as well. The top button of his shirt remained opened revealing his ivory toned chest slightly. An ankle length pink coat slightly deeper than his shirt draped over his body with a shimmering metallic like floral design upon it. Three golden rings one on his right hand which had a circular thin band with a circular shoulder where a lunar gem rests within and a solar design around. On his left hand two sat on his ring finger both had wider bands with a sun symbol embedded into one a lunar the other. A pearl earring on each ear and white dress boots. To finish the look was a floral crown with pink diamond studded flowers and pearls.

As Lucian took his final step on the stairs four heads snapped towards him.

An alluring scent filled their senses holding them in a trance, freezing them in whatever they were doing and just looking at him.

ACE

"He's beautiful" I said below my breath as I admired the figure quite far from me. His scent and the feeling that fills me when I look at him is quite like no other "MATE"

S I L A S

Already drunk and in a daze, I was quite surprised when my attention was somehow able to be caught. It was as if an addicting and sweet, yet poisonous scent enclosed my body tightly and snapped my head towards an angelic being. Somehow, I wasn't drunk anymore nor angry but satisfied with the sight in front of me. Something felt different when I look at him it was as if this was the feeling described when you first see your... "MATE!" he's, my mate.

D A M O N

I stood motionless as my eyes stared with affection at the figure that enveloped my void of a mind. Such a captivating face and enchanting body. I allowed his aroma of cucumber mint with undertones of orange blossoms and zest of bamboo wood to ravish me. Finally, my mate has come.

A Z A L E A

Well, I certainly didn't expect to meet my mate tonight guess I made the right choice of coming.