Chapter 15

Damon POV

The Eternal Phoenix pack, why does the name sound so familiar, I thought while trying to recall where the name struck my thoughts.

A nudge to my side snapped me out of these thoughts.

"What do we do?" Azalea quietly whispered, slightly tense.

"I'm thinking"

"Well think faster" he ugred.

"Stop the bickering we can hear you, and answer quickly, times ticking" Shiva the Alpha inserted impatiently as his eyes scanned both me and Azalea intently.

"Alpha Shiva we found three more intruders at the edge of the field!" A grey wolf who came running through the chaotic sprout of trees sounded alarmingly as he transformed into a man, with a few other's behind his tail.

My entire body tensed at the statement; my mind flooding with a river of thoughts. What will Lucian think of us, he's bound to find out about our situation now.

"Lucian," Azalea then mouthed remorseful, his worried eyes glued to the ground below.

He wasn't the only one worried so was I but I knew it was going to be alright. All we had to do was just listen. I already have a plan in mind for later.

"Zach go with Sébastien and fetch the other intruders" Shiva directed to the male who had an unbearably similar appearance to him, who once again shifted into his wolf. Sébastien who was the one to deliver the message about the others shifted as well and off they were into the distance to retrieve my mate.

"Use your magic" Azalea said through through gritted teeth as he angrily stared at me.

I don't blame him but using my magic is neither the smartest move nor the right one.
I don't know what these people are capable of and what forces are behind them. Additionally we did intrude on their land, even if it was by mistake and their just following protocol; so I can't really do anything but Azaleas heated temper fails to realize that.

I just kept my eyes diverted from those of Azaleas. Telling him this would have made the atmosphere around us less hazy but that would risk the use of my magic even if it was just a small amount, they will sense the usage of it.

A few minutes of deadly silence covered us like a think blanket until it came uncovered by Shiva.

"This seems to be taking some time, so tell me where do wader from?" He asked as he eased closer to us.

Right at that moment the muffled voice of Lucian filled the air. My eyes snapped to the sound as my hearts pace increased. My mate, struggling and here I am just waiting through it all. It hit like a pang but soon enough it will subside, as it's for the best of our safety.

My attention was shifted when I was saw Azalea pacing towards Lucian who now became visible through the trees. With my hands extended I halted his rush "Azalea don't do something you will regret." I warned.

"So, do you just want me to stand here and do nothing, I'm not like you, I don't stand and watch my mate get hurt!" He unintentionally yelled out but what he said did hit a nerve.

"You really think I would allow that without a reason, I'm the one with power here not you and I know what I'm doing" I voiced my thoughts as well, loud enough for those around to hear me.