Chapter 35: Confession

Nobody's POV:

Everyone in the hospital was absolutely shocked to see one of Cream Puff twins. After retirement, the two never showed their face in public since they had to do stuff far more important than cream puffs. After the death of Muichiro's family, Kokushibo took the responsibility of taking care of him and Yoriichi left the city and went back to his old village where his wife was.

"I never expected Kokushibo would show his face after retirement." Kanao said.

"Yeah. Hey Nezuko, where are you going?" Tanjiro uttered as Nezuko stood up and met face to face with Kokushibo.

"Kokushibo..." Nezuko uttered.

"Let me guess, you are the girl Muichiro is dating?" Kokushibo said which surprised her a bit.

"H-how do you know?" Nezuko was surprised.

"Your earrings. I know Muichiro had kept those earrings safe for a long time." Kokushibo answered.

"I'm sorry, but I think me having these earrings are the reason why Tokito-San was injured." Nezuko apologised and looked down.

Giyu noticed Nezuko being very down which worried him a little since Nezuko was blaming herself for Muichiro's injuries and she was in front of someone she and her family admire a lot which made Giyu worried that Kokushibo would be very upset. So he went to Nezuko make her feel at ease.

"It's okay Nezuko, it's not your fault." Giyu said and Nezuko just hugged and little tears were coming out.

Kokushibo was still surprised that Muichiro would date another girl after the traumatic event, but what surprised him even more was Nezuko crying since no girl would care about Muichiro except his money.

"Nezuko right?" Kokushibo said.

"Yes?" Nezuko turned around after hugging Giyu.

"I'm sure Muichiro likes you a lot and I can tell are a girl that actually care about Muichiro and not his money since those earrings you are wearing, he wouldn't give that to anyone except one person." Kokushibo bend his knee a bit.

"He told me that before, but I wanna know who this one person was?" Nezuko asked.

"It was for his mother." Kokushibo answered.

As soon as Nezuko heard who the earrings was for, she fell into a deep silent since she couldn't believe that the earrings she was wearing was originally meant for Muichiro's mother. Afterwards, Kokushibo stood up and took his leave since he wanted to check with one of the doctors and see how Muichiro was feeling. Giyu, who was watching the whole also couldn't say anything, he looked at Nezuko only to see her shaking and clench her fist very tight. Tanjiro and Zenitsu saw Nezuko shaking, and went to check on her.

"Nezuko, are you okay?" Tanjiro asked, but Nezuko didn't respond.

"Tanjiro, Agatsuma. Why don't you take a seat, I'll take Nezuko to a washroom." Giyu said the two nodded and went back to their seats and Giyu took Nezuko to a washroom.

As soon as the two sat down and sighed, Shinobu noticed Zenitsu looking really down compare to Tanjiro.

"Agatsuma-San, are you alright?" Shinobu asked.

"It's nothing..." Zenitsu replied and Shinobu decided to leave it there and not say anything.

'I know Nezuko-Chan is the nicest person, and I know Tokito and I have become friends. But it almost seems like Nezuko-Chan is developing her feelings more towards him than she is to me. Should I perhaps just let Tokito have her and jus-' Zenitsu thought until Tsutako slapped the back of his head.