~ you are hurting my feelings ~

Longer update.
~ all that you are is all I'll ever need ~

"Aaron I just need space. You- you smother me. It's constant, at work, here, the bloody grocery store. It's as if I don't even have a moment to myself-" I cut myself off for a moment, taking a deep breath, "I need space." It had been seven months of us today and the team almost found out. I was handling press on the story and situation when the bomb went off. The team was already off the scene, processing new found evidence. It had just been the reporters and I. The blast threw me forward and I had a nasty cut right below my left eye.

Aaron furrowed his brows, "Dani- I, why haven't you brought this up before?" He questioned, his eyes wide. I had just continued staring at him. I didn't want to tell him that it wasn't until recently that I had finally begun to realize that just maybe he wouldn't hurt me. I knew Aaron cared deeply for me, but I also knew Michael had once upon of time. Aaron sighed, "Francesca-"

"You- you know what forget I said anything." I mutter, walking around him. His hand reached out and held my arm tightly, bringing me back towards him. I tensed at the action but he didn't take note. He studied me for a brief moment before looking away guiltily. He was about to profile me. He set the drink he had in his hand on the counter before cupping my face.

"I love you Dani. With all of me. And if you need space, darling I'll give it you. Anything. But I would hate for the reason behind that choice to be because you are scared you'll lose me if you get to close." He paused for a moment, his gaze unwavering, "I only see you in my future. You and Jack are my future."

I roll my eyes in annoyance, "David Stephen Rossi I swear to god if you don't lay your old ass back down I will castrate you before you attend your next wedding." I comment angrily, shoving the dumbass back onto the hospital bed.

"Danielle, I will get violent if you continue to smother me." He jokes.

I snort, "Oh please. What are you going to do? Hit me with your walking cane?" I joke lightly, lowering myself in the chair beside his bed. Rossi cracks a smile.

"So how are you? Aaron caught me up on the case. I would guess this wasn't were you hoped the trail would lead." I studied him. God he was obnoxious.

Pulling my knees up to my chest, I raise an eyebrow, "Definitely not. Although I can't say it bothers me. We were never close. You were- are more of a father to me then he ever was and he made the mistake of hurting you. It's a pity for him really." I claim.

Rossi sighs, "And you and Aaron? Are you two doing alright?"

I roll my eyes again, "What is this twenty questions?"

"Twenty what?" I laugh.

"God David you are old."

"And yet I still seem to have a better love life then you."