~ gaslighter ~

~ if someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it ~

After dinner everyone migrated to Rossi's back yard. Dave played some old music, Frank Sinatra, Leonard Cohen. The couples danced, Garcia and Emily waltzing around in their singleness. Derek introduced me to his girlfriend and those two were dancing closely, falling more and more in loved so it seemed. I sat in the grass, a glass of wine held firmly in my hands.

Aaron and Spencer were playing with Eve. She belonged here, with them. Happy. The made her happy, I could see that. My phone buzzed in my pocket for the millionth time that night but I ignored it, again. I had to tell Aaron but there was no easy way to tell him. Plus I already denied it.

And Eve, he already had so much sprung on him for one night he didn't need this. My phone buzzes again and I pull it out annoyed.

"What Evan." I sigh out, running a hand down my face.

'How long will you be in America, we still have the wedding to plan.' those few words broke my heart even more. I thought I was over the man, Aaron Hotchner, I really did. Now I had to be.

"Evan I do not know, you know how complicated my job is." and he did. For he did work with me.

'If I didn't know any better I'd say you were avoiding me. Francesca you haven't even introduced me to your kid and we've been dating for over a year. We're engaged.'

"Look Evan, I'm visiting Eve's father right-"

'The man you were in love with when you moved here.'

"It's over now, no feelings-"

'Francesca you cried almost every night. You distance yourself because you still love him and now you are hanging out with him, we are engaged, if my friends find out about this.'

"Forget about your reputation for a moment Evan, my daughter has every right to meet her father."

'I am about to be her father.'

I let out a dry chuckle, "Evan there is more to being a dad then having the same last name as their mother." I argue.

'Then just leave her with that piece of an excuse of a father and come home, it's not like you parent her that much anyway.'

My eyes tear up slightly, his suggestion being one I had thought about quite a lot. I couldn't do that to Aaron though.

"Evan, fiancé or not you do not have the right-"

'You don't have the right to just up and leave with only a text.'

"I told you about the trip a month before I left!" I all but shout.

'No you didn't.'

"Do not gaslight me."

'Francesca you never mentioned the trip, why do you think I'm so pissed off.'