~ i'm not dense ~

Part 3
4 years later

~ children must be taught how to think, not what to think ~

I glare at the Bobby in front of me, "I understand sir it's not-"

"This is why we stick women with the meaningless jobs, then they don't fuck important things up." He cuts me off with a harsh glare. I stare at him, squirming slightly, carefully choosing my next words as I drop my hand.

I shake my head, "Sir, with all do respect, I'm the SFA, you are a cop, who achieved more in there life? I am trying to kindly explain to you what my boss explained to me. If you don't agree with how we  do are jobs trust me, we aren't the FBI, we have no problem going around you, although it's not preferred." I calmly state, "Now if you'll excuse me." I stand up, walk around him, out to one of the SUV's, hopping in.

Damn fucking small minded assholes.

I slam my door closed, pulling out of the driveway. My phone goes off and I connect it to the car's Bluetooth, "Valentino." I answer in a hard voice. I earn a light chuckle back.

'You sound just like Hotch.'

I accelerate lightly in response to Aaron's name, subconsciously looking at the small charm bracelet around my wrist. The gold complimented my skin tone, the fond memory of receiving the gift playing in my head.

I smile down at Jack, ruffling his hair one last time. Although me and Aaron had broken up, is that even possible?, as promised, I made as much time as I could to see Jack, "I love you mister Jack," I murmur, blinking back warm tears.

He smiles up at me, "I love you too Dani." He then skips away, not really comprehending this was our goodbye, goodbye. I suck in a deep breath trying to even my breathing.

Turning around, I meet honey eyes, the ones I had deliberately been avoiding, "Hey." he lightly chats.

I force a smile, "Hi.'

"Jack and I got you something.." he trails off, holding a box out to me. I glance at it, a good distraction from those honey eyes that were slightly glistening with tears. I swallow thickly, gently taking the blue box from his hand.

I mumble a small thank you, slipping the box into my purse.

It had ended up being a simple bracelet. Two thin but sturdy gold chains clasped together with 3 oval charms with letters inscribed into them. A, J, and E.

Aaron.

Jack.

Everette.

I had added the latter when she was born, it felt right.

"I understand now why he was never excited to answer his phone."

'Don't be so negative Dani.'