Shot 2 : Deora vs Birla

"So the Basketball match between Birla College and Deora College has reached it's climax where Birla College need five points to win over Deora College and we are left with just fifty seconds."

Deora College Basketball Team's Captain Shivaay Singh Oberoi was ninety-nine percent sure of his team's win. But, he is still a percent skeptical of it due to her.

Birla College Basketball Team's Captain Annika Trivedi was sweating badly. She need to win this match at any cost. "Fifty seconds and Five point. You need to do this Anni!", she spoke to herself, gulping a glass of water.

The timer resumed and the players took their positions. The refree pounced the ball and it landed in the hands of one of the Deora's.

The Birla's chased the ball till the next thirty two seconds before it came in Shivaay's hands.

The Birla's knew that in the remaining twenty eight seconds, only their captain can bring the ball from the Deora's most tough player and make the Birla College earn the Trophy.

Annika gulped and ran towards Shivaay. She tried her best not to look upto his eyes, knowing that she loves them. Today was the very first time she had seen him. Though, he was present around in every second of today's day, she noticed him clearly when the captains were called to shake hands. She indeed liked his eyes.

Shivaay stiffened as she was very close to him. She didn't look up even once. Annika looked at the timer. Seven seconds. Taking in mind all she had learnt till date, she took the orange dribbling ball from his hands and threw it towards the white basket net.

Shivaay was bewildered for a while. How come she managed to get the ball from an expert player like him?

They were at the half court. If the ball goes inside the basket, the Birla's got it and if not, then Deora's got it.

Both Shivaay and Annika had closed their eyes. None of them wanted to see the reality. They depended on the further voices for the answer. The whole ground was silent.

"Birla!", they heard the scream of tons of people and Annika lips crept into a huge smile while Shivaay smiles too but sadly.

"So Birla College wins the match over Deora College!"

Annika's team members, Khushi, Arnav, Siddharth and Saran hug Annika tightly. All of them yelled in joy, "Birla! Birla! Birla! Birla!"

"So the Basketball cup for this year goes to Birla College and the player of the year goes to Annika Trivedi."

The Birla's were celebrating with pomp and joy. The colourfull confetti made the air bright. But the person who was supposed to be most happy, she is longing for something else. She smiled fakely while taking the shimmering glass tropy. Annika's eyes were looking for him.

"Well played Trivedi!", she heard the voice from behind and turned around. Now, she smiled completely.

"You too Oberoi!", she walks towards him.

"The shot you played is not an easy one Trivedi", he smiled.

"I know Oberoi, but it worked thankfully!", she squealed.

"Congratulations!", he forwarded his hand for an handshake.

"Thank you Oberoi!", She told.

"Looking forward to play more matches with you. I wanna give you chance to congratulate me too.", he grinned.

"I am not giving you the chance Oberoi!", she told sternly before laughing.

"When and where are you giving the party", he asked.

"You wanna celebrate my win or your loss?", she asked giving a questioning look.

"Annika, come over", Arnav calls her and she leaves after smiling.

Later, before going to the changing room, Arnav comes to Annika.

"Anu, there's a Deora who was asking for your number. Seems, he is quite impressed from you.", Arnav told.

"Fine, give it then. Let see who's my new fan!", Annika told casually.

Arnav smiled sheepishly and walks.

"Aree, at least tell me my fan's name!", Annika yelled from behind.

"The Captain!", came the reply making Annika smile and her cheek turning pinkish.

Eight Years Later

"Congratulations Oberoi!", Annika told Shivaay.

"For what Trivedi,oops, Mrs. Oberoi?", Shivaay asked tying a nuptial chain around her neck.

"It's true that you didn't won even a single match against me, but still you got the biggest achievement of your life.", she told.

"And what is it?", he asked.

"Of-course baba, me!", she squealed making him laugh.

Hit the vote button if you like it!