Shot 8 (i) : Farewell

It was the month a January, and that is the farewell time in St. Paul's International School. The people in the farewell party had mixed emotions. Class eleven students well happy on being successful in organizing a superb party for their seniors. On the other hand, Class twelve students well unhappy or say were sad, being saying good bye to their school.

Annika was seeing the bunch of class twelve and eleven students having a bash on the dj when she noticed the sad faces of her friends. Getting confused, she walks upto the group of girls, Vartika, Alaya, Shrutkirti and Megha.

"What happened girls? It's not our farewell! We still have an year left to leave this school. Why are you all sad?", she gave a questioning look.

"As if you don't know!", said Shrutkirti.

Annika shrugged her shoulder, "I seriously don't know!"

"This girl is stupid", said Megha.

"What?", Annika asked astonishingly. According to her, they should be happy that they still have an year to go. Afterall, they are still in class eleven.

The girls smashed their own heads. How can this girl seem happy.

"Annika, it not about the farewell, its about the people who are leaving this school. To be precise, a person who is leaving this school.", Vartika, one of the closest friend of her explained.

Annika's mind shifted back to the correct spot. She understood to whom the girls are trying to point at. Nothing new, they are always drooling over him, "Ohh", Annika folds her arms across her chest, "Guys, he is way out of your league!", she laughed.

"Pata hai yaar, thats why we just stare him", Alaya told sadly.

"Well seriously Annika. You're too boring!", complained Megha.

"I am not boring. Instead you four are shameless!", Annika retorted.

"Shut up and look at him. Let me make you realise how hot he is!", Vartika held Annika's head and turned it in the direction of a person.

Annika started to observe that person keenly.

"Look at him. Others are dancing and he is standing in the corner. Different trait one!", Vartika began.

Annika observes him. Indeed he was standing alone, least interested in the party and dj.

"Look at his body language. Calm and composed. Silently observing everything! Different trait two", Megha told.

Ya, he is different. He was still and smart. Being different, he caught all the attention.

"His suit. He looks so sexy in that blue suit. I am gonna die! Not everyone is looking that sext. Different trait three", Alaya said enthusiastically.

Yes, he looked awesome, superb, sexy and not to forget, hot too.

"His eyes, blue and deep. Expressing a lot! Different trait four", exclaimed Shrutkirti.

Annika gushed all red after listening to the mention of his eyes. She remembers their sudden eye contacts, sometimes in luch break when they all used to be in the play ground and sometimes when she used to pass by his side. They had never talked. But still, she likes his gaze on herself, "Shrut, you can't stalk someone like that!"

"Shut up Annika! If I would have been at your place, I would have surely approached him to talk. Afterall, he is you best friend's brother", told Shrutkirti.

"Best friend se yaad aaya, where is Om?", Annika looked around when she felt a hand looping her neck. She tilted to see the person, and smiled, "Om! Where were you!"

Om smiled back, "Annik, I have a work for you. Come", he held her by her hand hand made her to the other side, away from the gang of girls.

After they were at side, Om told, "Annik, I want to introduce you to Shivaay!"

Annika didn't knew how to react. She feels sly and scared on being mention of her meeting him, "Unn...Om, but why?"

Om held her hand again, "Annik, you and Shivaay are my best friends. I don't hide anything from you guys. But considering that he is also my brother, I want you to meet him!"

Annika had always shrugged the thoughts of Om introducing her to Shivaay. It isn't like she didn't wanted to talk, its just that she felt shy, "But why? Is it necessary?"

"Ofcourse it is", saying so, Om dragged Annika towards Shivaay. She tried her best to come out of his strong grip, but to her dismay, it didn't work.

As they were nearing Shivaay, Annika could feel her heart pounding loudly. Her anticipation reached its max level and she could feel all those dhak-dhak moments fantasised by bollywood movies. She could also feel the moment of dil-main-ghanti-bajna or dil-main-laddoo-phootna. She found the newly developed feeling nice and cute 

Shivaay was standing away from the crowd, enjoying his mojito. He didn't seemed alone, he was enjoying watching his batchmates and juniors dancing like maniacs on the dance floor. He noticed his brother approaching him with a smirk. That's when he noticed the person with whom he was approaching. Annika.

He had really admired Annika but secretly. He loved the way she didn't used to drool over him openly like many other girls. He had numerous eye contacts with many girls, but the only eye contact he looks forward was to with her. Automatically, a smile used to crept accross his face whenever it happened. But that was just in case of her, not with any other girl.

He couldn't believe the fact that despite of her being Om's bestie, he had never talked to her. Whenever Om used to insist Annika to come to Oberoi Mansion, she used yo lay down lame excuses or simply as him to come to her house. Om had met Annika's family n number of times but Annika had just met twice. First, on their Annual Day in which Shivaay was not participating and Second during Summer Camp where again, Shivaay had gone to visit Dubai. He had lost both the chances to meet her or say maybe, she intentionally pushed away the chances to meet him.

Then Shivaay remembers the conversation he had with Om yesterday night.

"Shivaay, I am gonna do that", Om told him.

"Leave it Om, she is not comfortable", Shivaay replied.

"Oh hello, I am her best friend and I very well know that Annik and Uncomfortable can be fitted in a single sentence. She is just shy!", Om confessed.

Shivaay got perplexed. He had never seen Annika timid or shy from any one else. Then why him?, "Shy! From me? But why?"

Om smirked and poked his elbow in Shivaay's stomach, "You are desparate to talk to her!"

Shivaay cheeks gushed red at his words, "No Om, I'am good!"

"Rehene de Shivaay! Chehra dekh apna! Wait and watch how'll I act as a cupid for both of you!", Om said and walked away.

While Shivaay just hopes that his brother's words turn out to be true.

Back to present, Shivaay moved his gaze away from the approaching figures, pretending to not find out about their arrival.

Om and Annika arrive there. Annika pleaded Om to leave her through her eyes but he didn't mind her n pleads. Om tapped on Shivaay's shoulder.

Shivaay pretended to now notice their presence. He smiled faintly at him and then smiled at Annika who reciprocated slyly.

"Shivaay, meet my best friend Annik, no, Annika Bansal", he turned at Annika, "and Annika, meet my brother Shivaay Singh Oberoi"

Musturing up courage, Annika looked at Shivaay who had already forwarded his hand to her for a handshake and was smiling. She smiled and clasped her hand with him.

To be continued........

Hit the vote button if you like it!