Shot 14-(ii) Architect meets CEO

Annika was in a rush that day. She glanced her face one again in her phone's camera before walking out of the car, "Vinay, take the other car to the garage", she instructed her driver.

Yesterday, while attempting to drive a car, she hit it accidently with the tree trunk. Her father always scolded her when she attempts to drive a car, or say tries to learn it. There isn't a single car they own which she hadn't smashed, either with a cow, a human, both of cases, the injuries on the victim were none, a truck which was already parked, a car which was speeding, ans yesterday, with a tree.

She sighed and walked off to the Bareja Heights building. Today was an impotant day. They were meeting the new architecta for their company's new Skyscraper in Dubai.

But for her, it was more special as she is gonna see him, in case he decided to be there. That whole previos week, she was constantly thinking about him. He was so similar to her.

"Good Morning Ma'am", the receptionist greeted her.

"Morning Sarah", she rushed inside. She didn't wanted to upset her parents by running late.

The whole bunch of staff greeted her and she simply smiled and nodded to all of them.

Before entering inside the conference hall where the interviews where to be held, she walked sideways to the left in the waiting room where all the presenters where there. She wanted to see in case he arrived.

She pushed open the door and found man men, few women and Krishit, incharge of all of them, present there.

"Ma'am? Do you need anything?", Krishit asked.

Annika yanked her eye balls across the room. So sign of him. She thought to ask Krishit, "Krishit, did Mr.---", shit, she didn't knew his name, "Krishit, did an architect came over for the interview"

Krishit began to get confused, "I suppose everyone of them is an architect"

Annika looked around and embarrassment quite visible on her face. She was being a jerk, "No, I meant a man, blue eyes, tanned skin, sharp stubble. Did he came or just left after coming?"

Krishit bagan to rewind his memory since morning, "I guess no. But this man sound hot!", he licked his lower lip. Not to forget, Krishit was a Gay. Only Annika knew about his sexuality in this office.

She smiled at Krishit, "Krishi! This is a work place. My Dad's office"

"And I am obliged that you, being my friend, helped me to bet this job", he laughed slightly.

"You, not receiving a termination letter in not what I can control. Dad is strict and he wants the atmosphere of the office to be the same", she reminded him.

"Sweetie, rush fo the office before your Dad comes here", he whispered, "And not to forget", he looked at the architects, "She is Annika Bareja, the upcoming CEO of Bareja Heights. She'll also be one of those who'll be taking your interviews", he announced.

The Architects greeted Annika and she reverts. She needs to leave for the conference hall.

Later, as Annika was in the conference hall with her parents, taking the interview. After every other one, she so badly wished that the next one would be him. But sadly, he didn't showed up.

Krishit informed them that it was the last interview for the day. Still, he wasn't there. She was sad. They had already three candidates shortlisted for their project.

After the last interview got over, Krishit came in. He nodded a yes at Annika. Krishit was already blushing and smiling like maniacs. She knew it was it.

"Sir, there is another architect over", Krishit said.

Annika's father raised his brow, "You said last"

"Yeah he arrived just a minute back", he told.

"I hate latecomers. Go hell with him", her father told sharply.

"Da--Dad", Annika got up from her seat and walked to her father, "Dad, it's okay, it's just an interview. We are not out yet, we--we can go for it", she insisted.

"Annika, you know I don't buy that. Later comers are a disgrace. And it doesn't matter. We have already shortlisted the best candidates", he father was firm.

"Maybe this person could be better than others".

"Don't tell me you have called another friend of yours for this", he doubted.

"No I haven't please. Mom please", she lied.

"Fine, call him then", her mother told.

She smiled and thanked her mother.

Krishit was asked to send the person in. Ans that is when Annika got a breath of relief when she saw him. She tried to keep sane and not smile. She didn't wanted her father to know about it.

The person came and greeted them and took a seat in front of them. Her dad was sharp during the interview. But by her father's looks, she knew that he liked the designs.

Shivaay Sharma, his name was. Nice. Finally he got a name for her.

"You don't have a firm", her mother told Shivaay.

He gulped but remained confident, "Yeah, I was fired from my job cause the project manager thinks that I have more better ideas than him", he told honestly.

"Maybe we could provide him with our architecture department", Annika suggested.

"Hmm", he father said, "We sure can but Mr. Sharma, late comers better stay off Bareja Heights"

"I am sorry sir. It won't be repeated"

"Fine then we sincerely liked your work. We can appoint you in our department. Salary and scopes, Krishit will handle it", her father said.

Shivaay smiled and thanked them. He left the room.

Annika was a happy soul. She finally made him do it. After her parents left the office for the airport, as they were heading to Amsterdam for a business trip, she went outside.

She saw Krishit blushing and talking to Shivaay. She walked upto them.

He smiled at her.

"So finally you have a name Mr. Architect", she said.

"And a job too", he extended his hand for a handshake.

She obliged and did, "Dad hates late comers. So better stay good with it"

Krishit was getting excited, "You know her Annika"

"Yeah, we met at a place. Why don't you bring his offer letter", she suggested.

Krishit nodded and left.

"Thank god. He was making me awkward", Shivaay sighed.

"He is sweet but rather he js interested in you?", She told.

"He is a---", he stopped in between.

She nodded, "Anyways not a big deal. But congratulations. Be aware of Dad", she said.

"Thanks. Isn't he too strict? And Krishit told me that he asked in case I was your friend"

"Yeah, actually he hates nepotism. It's all cause my grandfather, who established Bareja Heights was a man of principles. He told Dad that if he mades up to the mark, then only he'll be able to get the post of CEO. And so, Dad, told me the same", she explained.

"Yeah, I see why everyone here is so silent and engrossed in work", he looked around.

"I bet they all hate Dad. They just work here for---"

"Reputation and high pay raise", he completed for her.

"True. Well I have a board meeting to attend in Dad's absence. See ya", she smiled.

"Yeah, Thanks Again"

TBC.....

Hit the vote button if you like it!