Shot 14(iv)- Architect meets CEO

The new one month old CEO of Bareja Heights, Annika Bareja walked into her cabin dismissing her P.A. .

She walked to find her architect boyfriend finally here for the day. She smiled and went to him.

He was standing in the cabin garden. His hands were leaned on the railing.

She grabbed him from behind and hugged him, "You are late Mr. Shivaay Sharma. Bareja Heights hate late comers. You know I can fire you for this", she joked and laughed.

He jerked her away, "I guess I should leave myself", his tone was angry and broody. He wasn't joking or playing along for sure.

She held his hand and made him turn around, "I wasn't serious", she yanked closer to kiss him but he held back. This act surprised her. He never does that, "What's wrong?"

He moved away and didn't looked at her, "I don't want to do this Annika"

She was amused at his word, "You don't want to do what?"

"This shit, like you understand this right?", he looked on.

"What exactly shit?", she yelled.

"You and me. I don't want this further.  I just want to end this thing", he clarified.

Her heart broke. She felt as if she had her worst nightmare come true. Just three months of them dating and he wanted to break up? And he feels as if all these things are nothing but shit.

Honestly, these three months have been magical to her. Finally, she could say that she was indeed happy, professionally and personally too. And all this is cause he was with her the entire time, "Why?", she nearly whispered.

"You know Anish Jaiswal?", he asked.

She processed the name in her memory. She caught hold of the face who owned this name, "Yeah. He is Dad's friend Animesh Jaiswal's son". She and Anish were never really friends. They used to meet only during parties or functions organised by their families.

"Your Dad want you to het married to him. Just heard his talk with Animesh", he told.

So this was the reason why he is so grumpy today. But that doesn't mean breakup really? She smiled, "They won't obviously marry me off without my concern", she kept her hand on his cheek.

He retraced his head back, "Maybe no but obviously they won't let you be with me either"

"Why not?", she was exactly not able to figure out his issue.

It felt like he was getting raged more than ever. He held her strongly by her shoulder, "Don't pretend to be naive Annika. You understand well what I mean"

"No I am not", she told truthfully.

"We are so different Annika. So different. In terms of lifestyle, professions, families, everything"

"It isn't necessary that partners have everything in common", she told.

He left her shoulder and sighed, "Yes, but we have everything different from each other"

"What differences are you yelling about?", she yelled. 

He sighed, "Annika, you are a Bareja and I am a Sharma", he spoke calmly.

She shaked her head, "People do have different surnames"

"Yeah, but you are not understanding the significance of these titles", he said.

She trashed the tears which escaped her eyes, "Care to explain?"

"I am mere an architect and you are a CEO. I can't provide you with anything you do in life. I earn seventy lakhs an year which is what you earn like in a minute", he explained.

"I don't earn it. The company does", she revolted.

He inhaled sharply, "And who is the owner of the company? Annika Bareja!"

"Are you one of those people who believe that men should earn more than a women?", she asked.

"Absolutely not! But your father will never be with us. And it is better for you let go of me, of us", he told firmly.

"Why should I? I feel so special about you. I feel blessed with you", she kept her hand on his heart, "Don't you feel way back?"

He kept his hand over hers. Other hand of his reached her cheek, "I do. I really do. But you need to see Annika. I am an orphan. You have a family. I drive a bike and you drive a porche. Infact, more many cars out there in your garage. I live in a two BHK flat and you live in a villa. Almost into twenty times the size of mine"

"I don't need a villa to live. I will be good anywhere unless you are with me", she consoled him.

"It's easy to say. Remember you shop of more than twenty lakhs on your birthday. You won't be able to do that anymore", he said.

"I don't want to", she told.

He pushed her back a little,making sure to not let her fall, "We can't be TOGETHER", he yelled again.

"Are you doing this because of Mom and Dad?", she doubted.

"Annika you have a great life here. You have already lost Annik. You just have two more people, your parents left in your world. Why you are hell bent on pushing them away?", he shouted.

"Don't you dare!", she cried, "First, I am not pushing my parents away, you are pushing me instead. Second, I have three people in my world. The first one being you. Third, I have not lost Annik. He is my brother who lives in my heart. So don't you dare repeat those accusations again"

"Annika----"

"What Annika. Talking about your world, I guess you have just me in your world, in case you ever wanted to make me a part of it", she told sarcastically.

"What do you mean. You are a part od my world, in fact you are my world", he spilled out.

"Then why are you pushing your world away? I don't know how to say this more clearly but I love you Shivaay", she shouted out.

He looked at her amusing. They have never said those words to each other ever before, "What?"

"I don'y know if it's too early but you know that I don't keep the things in my heart cause no one knows how more you are gonna live. I am saying this cause...I don't know if we'll make it together further or not"

Tears escaped his eyes, "Don't do this Annika. Don't make it more difficult than it's already is", he requested.

"You were talking about the difference right?", she asked, "What about the thing we have in common, our love. Do you love me?"

"Annika--"

"Do you love me?", she asked again.

"I do", he confessed after no being able to hold on and ran to hug her, "I am sorry"

She cried by hugging him, "Love will conquer all. Be it Mom and Dad's stubborn nature or the differences"

"What if they ask you to leave Bareja Heights?", he asked, "And me too"

"We are well qualified. We can find more jobs", she answered confidently.

He chuckled, "What about you dream of the world tour?

"We'll work hard and save money. Then after our retirement, we can roam as much we want", she smiled.

"I wish this situation never comes up. Your parents turn out be actually nice", he said.

"They are nice. Maybe this is their actual test at how much they love their daughter", she spoke.

"Hmm"

"Promise me Shivaay", she ce out of the hug, "That we will never give up on each other", she extended her palm.

He looked at her palm before looking back at her. He kept his hand over hers, "I promise"

Hit the vote button if you like it!

This is the end of this story. An open end. Its your own mentality at how Bareja Parents turn out to be.