Shot 8 (ii) : Farewell

So guess what forced me to post an update today? Most of you know what actually is today...Tell me then!
_______________________________________

Musturing up courage, Annika looked at Shivaay who had already forwarded his hand to her for a handshake and was smiling. She smiled and clasped her hand with his.

She felt like getting high voltage shock when his skin came in contact with her's. Their very meet and she is feeling electrified!

The velocity of zoo animals wrestling in her stomach increased. She looked at him. He was smiling genuinely. She smiled back genuinely too. She noticed his blue eyes changing its color. They were turning into so undefined color. Still, they appeared attractive as usual. Perhaps, more than that!

After shaking the hand for applicable period of time, Annika tucked her hand to take it back. To her surprize, the grip was too firm yet soft.

Om heard a friend of his calling him when he kept his hand on Annika's shoulder, "Excuse me!". He left leaving a shy Annika and now an approachable Shivaay alone.

Feeling her best friend and the only support rught now scurring away, Annika felt awkward, "Umm.. I think Vartika and Shrutkirti are looking for me, I should leave", she spoke hesitently. As she was about to move, he clasped her hand more firmly. She turned to him.

"If they are looking for hou then they will contact you. Don't worry", he spoke. Obviously, he didn't wanted her to leave. She has been best friend with Om since past two years and finally after two years, Shivaay has got a chance to talk to her. Can't leave that so easily, know?

Annika gulped lightly. He is not leaving her and she was feeling like running away. But that option is already closed, "Umm..ya"

He left her hand being able to recognise her coyness. He thought to make her comfortable, "Annika, don't you think thats its really strange that you are Om's best friend and we are meeting for the very first time despite being in the same school?", he gave an anxious look. Probably, he had a different method to make her feel comfortable. Confrontation at the very first meet? Seriously? Well SSO has his own style.

Annika bit her tongue. How is she supposed to answer that question. Should she disclose the fact that she kicked away all the opportunities to meet him intentionally or she should lie? Perhaps lying is not an option. She had heard Om telling her that Shivaay is sharp and smart. He can make out the diffrence between truth and lie easily and cherry on the top, she us taking a lot more time to answer the question, "Ya! We didn't get a chance perhaps"

He gave an I caught you look to her, "We didn't get a chance or you willingly pushed all of them away?"

She slapped herself several times inwardly. He indeed caught her, "No Shivaay Sir, why would I?"

"Its Shivaay for you, first and second, though it's not the truth, still I won't force you to say the same!", he told, "You are awesome dancer, right?", he asked.

She just nodded simply. Can be read ber mind. She gulped hoping Om to appear to save her from the further awkwardness.

He did the most unexpected thing. He held her hand and took her to the dance floor.

Before she could register the moments in her mind, she was already on the dance floor with him. To her awareness, Shivaay was not the person who will dance among the group of friends. Then why is he doing now?

Few metres away, Annika's same friends, Megha, Shrutkirti, Vartika and Alaya were having a hard time believing that their, not not just their, but every girl's crush is dancing and that too with a girl, who is least interested in him. Perhaps, they don't know that she is the one who is actually most interested.