Shot 13: A Second Chance?

Shivaay's life

"Anisha, princess are you ready?", I called out my four year old daughter who was keeping a something in her bag.

"Yes, Daddy", she came and jumped into my arms, ready to begin a fresh day.

I kissed her hair, "Shall we leave then?", I asked.

"Yeah, you know, I missed Sam a lot. I have kept the robot I bought for him from London", she smiled excitedly.

Sam, Samarth, is her friend, more likely, a brother as she says. He is in the same day care as her.

"That's really thoughtful of you", she was still in my arms when we took a seat inside my car and drove to the day care.

Being a single dad is not easy. The mother of my daughter, my wife left us when Anisha was born. I never thought to marry again cause I think that no one could fill the void of my late wife though I know that my daughter needs a mother.

Me and her mother had an arranged marriage. We really fell for each other after few months of it. It was blissful.

I drove to the Little Dots Play School and Day care. We stood in front of the blue building. It was the best day care and play school of the city, never giving any parent a chance to complain. I pulled Anisha out of the passenger's seat after unbuckling her child seat's belt. We move out of the car.

"Sam!", Anisha exclaimed and rushed to the direction opposite to that of us. I smiled and turned to her direction to find out Samarth and his mom speaking and laughing with Anisha.

"Good Morning, Mr. Oberoi", his mom, Annika greeted me.

"Good Morning, Miss. Nanda", I wished her back. Okay so she is also a single mother. She was never married. Her son's father died in a road crash. I just know that about her. I know that Miss Nanda is a head strong and generous woman. She is sweet and let me tell you, Anisha is very fond of her. We have know each other for almost four months and since that day, the only talks me and my daughter have are Sam and his mom.

"How was you vacation?", she asked as the kids were busy chit chatting and Anisha was giving Sam the robot she bought for him.

"London is great", I replied. Indeed it is. Though I went there for a meeting, I was just a matter of few hours and the rest of the time, I was visiting around with Anisha. It was a sort of vacation only.

"I see", she smiled. She looks beautiful while smiling.

"Hey champ!", I looked at Sam who didn't wished me today cause he was bust with his best friend.

"Shiv Uncle", he came and hugged my legs as I bent down to take him in my embrace, "I missed you and Anisha"

"Even I missed you champ", I told. As much as I was fond of Anisha, Samarth is none the less. He is sweet and lively child.

"Okay, Anisha, Samarth, Miss Rose must we waiting for you two inside. So buck up and leave", Miss Nanda told them.

The kids nodded and Sam and Anisha kissed Miss Nanda on either of her cheeks. They did the same to me and they head inside the school campus.

We watched our kids going inside and then I looked at her, "So how's the work?". We often talk about our work and kids.

"Its great. I'll be going to Holland for three day the next week", she told.

"Samarth can stay with us in the mean time. I mean they have a party next week and I am sure he doesn't want to miss it", I offered.

"Oh, that would be great but--"