☆.。. haruhoon

a brief note before you start reading - this one-shot is set in the web drama "the mysterious class" ( 남고괴담 ) reality. it means treasure members are their characters played in the web drama. also, the scene described in this one-shot occurs after the things shown in the third episode, so if anything changes in the web drama, it will have no impact on the story given below. thank u for paying attention to this note, nevertheless, i hope you will enjoy reading ! //

haruto has no place to go to

he sighed, looking gloomily at the door of the room he shared with jaehyuk. the other must have been asleep already, it was late at night. haruto fought the inner battle. on the one hand, he wanted to get inside, feel the safety and comfort he always experiences whenever he is with his roommate. they have been living together since march, so since the day jaehyuk moved in. at first haruto had lots of doubts for obvious reasons. if they kept on spending so much time together, jaehyuk would eventually find out. and if he did so, neither of them would be safe.

until today everything was going well. jaehyuk has never suspected anything, haruto and he grew closer as the days passed, their relationship sincere and significant. only this night something has changed and haruto dreaded to admit it.

as he was examining the burnt skin on his back, he thought, where jaehyuk got the talisman from. after seeing the distinctive pattern painted on his body like on canvas, he instantly recognized the powerful magic that only shamans knew.

"how come jaehyuk owned such a mighty spell?" he wondered trying to keep his mind occupied so that he forgot about the immense pain at least for merely a few seconds. "and why would he use it... against me?"

the frightening thoughts that jaehyuk might have found out turned his mind to shambles. he coated his back securely with the clothing, hissing inadvertently because the sensation of a material touching the injured skin wasn't pleasant, and then head back to the dorm, where he found himself a while later.

at last, he hesitantly grabbed the doorknob, pushing it quietly. his predictions turned out to be true - all the lights were off, jaehyuk's constant breath was the only source of sound inside. haruto pulled out his phone to make it to the desk without tripping. he knew he couldn't just lie down on his bed - the talisman would eventually burn his intestines too. the option of sleeping with jaehyuk was out as well, although at this moment he needed a comforting hug and consolation. until now he would never think twice and just turn to jaehyuk to obtain these two. sadly, deep inside he had already acquiesced to the vision that his friend must have hated him at this point.

and if not hated, be afraid of him the least.

he felt a lump emerging in his throat. all of his efforts to control himself went in vain, and so he abruptly fetched the hoodie placed on his chair and putting it on, dashed out of the room. the commotion hasn't awakened the other, so haruto could roam about the corridor without minding that jaehyuk would find him there.

just as he was passing by the door of the room which jeongwoo, jihoon, and junkyu lived in, an irresistible urge to enter got into him. his current state was miserable. he wanted to fall asleep but couldn't find a place. he felt like a stray, but still loyal and faithful puppy which had got abandoned by its owner.

yes, he was different. he wasn't like others but he strived so hard not to resemble a ghost, rather a human. and yet a remark made by one of his classmates about his pale skin hurt him, and yet the fact that he couldn't eat red beans was a bother, and yet jaehyuk, his friend used harmful magic to get rid of him. what has he done wrong?

at this crucial moment, as he was about to just burst into tears, huddle somewhere in the nook and cry till the day rises, the thin line under the door lighted. he looked closely to brush off the doubts, and after some seconds he could convince himself that someone wasn't asleep as well. that maybe this someone is his hope, and not everything is lost.