☆.。. damhoon

yedam as the Sun and jihoon as the Moon ; their second son's birthday preparations

pluto approached his master with a white kettle ornamented with the milky way pattern, a dense vapor was still issuing from its spout. the dwarf smiled politely, lowering his head as he poured another cup of tea.

"thank you, pluto. you are now dismissed, make sure to check on meteoroids, I do not want them to spoil my garden entirely."

the servant beckoned, retreating to the exit. his master directed one last bright grim towards the other, and then the doors shut with a thud.

the Sun sighed, shuttling his head. the golden strands pounced gently on his forehead. his caramel eyes once again swept over the list of the guests. he has been hovering over this piece of paper for more than an hour, but the matter was crucial.

it was his second son's first birthday after all, and since the toddler did not have friends on his own, the parents were the ones in charge of inviting the guest to celebrate.

at this moment a gush of wind came from behind him, yet the everlastingly warm body did not even flinch. his lips went upward, nose with countless freckles scrunched in an adoring manner as his husband's hands enveloped him in the back hug.

"our Star is asleep." a deep, velvety voice rang next to him, his cheek got adorned with a peck.

"did he have troubles falling asleep?" the Sun turned his head to look the other in the navy blue eyes.

the Moon nodded his head very lightly, the dollop of the white brocade sprinkled on his silver hair landed on his shimmering garment. "he cried for a while, but after watching meteors his eyes inadvertently closed."

the Sun hummed in approval. "fortunately his brother is with him in the room, as long as they have each other, I might worry less."

another peck, this time on the Sun's forehead, he smiled his warmest one. the Moon holding the sun-kissed hand in his pale one sat on the chair next to his husband. as he saw the list of guests for the upcoming grant event, his expression clouded.

"why are you reading this again?" he pointed at the object, feeling tired of all the preparations and agitation occurring every time they had to throw a celebration in their celestial palace.

"something is amiss here, my Moon." the Sun stated, the brows crossed. "haven't we forgotten about anyone? tomorrow the invitations will be sent, and I do not intend to offend even the tiniest astral body." his lips formed in a pout, the Moon although had a scornful expression before, it now softened.

"let me think." he extended his right hand embellished with silver rings and took the paper.

he mused over it for a while, finally saying. "my brothers?"

"all of them, I counted thrice. two hundred nine."

his eyes slightly widening, a remark "Saturn could have slowed down" was met with a smack on his arm, the man was scolded by his husband "do not say that they are your family." the hit was very languid, nearly palpable, yet the Moon acted as if he was deeply hurt, causing the Sun to let out a light giggle.

"do not act surprised my love, with such unique beauty, Saturn was bound to have many moons." the Sun stated, subconsciously flattening the nonexistent curves on the silky, golden nightgown he was clad in.

"her magnificent rings cannot be compared to your beauty." the Moon flattered with his all honesty. "and you are not as boastful as Saturn is. she is a bit too conceited, always trying to turn up more beautiful than Uranus."

they fell silent for a moment, the Sun thinking if Saturn will be bickering with another planet like last time, or finally notice that there is no need to compare herself to others.

"do we really want to send an invitation to Neptune?" the man bit his lower lip, revealing a row of impeccably snowy teeth.

"of course, we want to. if we sit the guests in the respective places by the table, no one will be affected."

"you mean Neptune far away from Mercury?"

"indeed. we do not want anyone to melt or freeze."

"we shall have Jupiter somewhere on our side. I like this quirk, old man."

"and our eldest Star loves listening to his stories." the Sun has been scribbling some notes for quite a while, as the discussion of where to sit the guest began. "what about Mars?"

"close to Earth. these two are friends."

"but Venus comes as well..."

the Moon sighed loudly. "oh do we have to have her present? she has a horrible influence on kind-hearted Earth, always mocking her for taking so much responsibility onto her back. besides, whenever she comes, it is so hard to get rid of the... smell."

"we cannot exclude anyone because of their fragrance. we are lucky to exist with sweet and wintry fragrance, she hasn't been given such opportunity."

the Moon knew he had no chance of winning the argument. the Sun did not want anyone to be left out for he had an empathetic heart. "but as you said, she might be toxic for our Mother Earth. we will have Venus next to Neptune. the guy is taciturn and a bit cold, so maybe she will entertain him for a few hours."

the Sun continued writing when suddenly the silence prevailed. the man with golden curls looked at his husband just to spot a concerned expression.

"what is wrong darling?"

"do you think Mother Earth will make it?"

the Sun bestowed a smile on him filled with love and devotion. "it might be difficult with over 7.96 billion children, but she will manage. you are her moon after all."

the kiss from the lastingly heated lips made the Moon color up, two of them light-hearted, assured. as long as they were together, nothing could go south.

// ✧ //

i want a boyslove sun and moon themed how beautiful could it be :( <3