☆.。. haruhyuk

a brief note before you start reading - this one-shot is set in the web drama "the mysterious class" ( 남고괴담 ) reality. it means, jaehyuk isn't himself, as well as haruto - they are the characters they play in the web drama. also, the scene described in this one-shot appeared in my mind after watching the sixth episode and so this story has its beginning in one of the scenes presented in the storyline - as jaehyuk joins haruto on the rooftop. if anything changes in the web drama, it will have no impact on the story given below. thank u for paying attention to this note, nevertheless, i hope you will enjoy reading ! //

 thank u for paying attention to this note, nevertheless, i hope you will enjoy reading ! //

jaehyuk promises to protect haruto at all costs

as haruto felt someone's arms engulfing him in a hug, his body shivered. the warm, soft hands were very gentle, but the motion unbeknown to it slightly attacked him from the back and so he couldn't control the consistent reaction.

he has been on the rooftop for an hour now, his gaze sometimes set on the sky to understand the moon's affairs and stars' troubles, sometimes lowered to peek at what was happening in human's lives, to notice their actions, try to reason why a strange woman shouted at her wailing child, why a drunk man lost balance and landed somewhere in the nook, and why the man clothed in expensive, luxurious suit didn't decide to help him, taking a detour instead to avoid getting an inch closer to the homeless person who had lost something and hence suffered, trying to forget about the pain by constantly poisoning himself.

"jaehyuk-ah..." he whispered, putting his hands on the other's, caressing the velvety, smooth skin.

at this instant, he realized the night was slightly cold. as a ghost, his body temperature was way lower than the ones humans had. although as jaehyuk's body was now sharing its warmth, tangibly affecting haruto's cool skin, he pressed his fingers a little harder against strong arms still wrapped around his waist.

"you must have been lonely. not being able to tell anyone."

jaehyuk's words made him lose his composure. at first as the older exhibited his presence, haruto felt sort of comfort. he has been in solitude most probably for a little too long, besides what had happened with jeongwoo made him anxious and apprehensive about the future. the normal, humanly life he had tried to gain for such a long time was slowly turning into ashes, the flame of doubts burning it like unhindered force, fire getting over the garden of thriving roses, turning them into black crumbles. as he reached the rooftop, his body was trembling, he tried to console himself somehow, assure that nothing is lost yet and he can get back to where he had been before but as the minutes, hours passed by, the reality seemed to burden him with the images he wanted to forget about. he blamed himself for what had happened to jeongwoo. if he wasn't so careless with his power, if he listened to his father's advice to keep quiet for a while, nothing would have happened.

presently, the initial comfort, and hope he felt as the older embraced him turned into morbid fear, the frightening possibility that jaehyuk knows too and he will leave. jaehyuk was the one spark in haruto's deeply dark life, if he was to lose it, he would lose everything.