☆.。. dodam

yedam comes back home

dangling earrings with diamonds. a scene flashed before his misty gaze, he let out a chuckle making the girl think he laughed because of some lame story she was trying to slur out amid the alcoholic blabbering.

the smell of roses as the one standing next to him pushed her long, brown curl to the back, exposing the collar bone. a familiarity struck his nostrils, the boy suffused with a flush.

he let his hooded eyelids grow heavier, the former rosy smell altered to a pungent, bitter, and drying odor of cigarettes. the boy had it in his mouth, breathed in deeply, and a white smoke idly issued from between his moisturized lips.

he was surrounded by four girls, dolled up, fragrant, jolly, and tipsy. and he thought about him, and couldn't stop.

"dam-ah, are you listening?"

the state of absolute bliss, where his imagination bloomed distinctly to the point of almost feeling the soft skin he remembered and missed under his finger pads, got interrupted by a chirping voice.

the clock showed 1 am, the event for producers and artists he was invited to was now seething with valuable beats, chatter all around him, whirling, flamboyant lights, and artificial mist that the smoke of cigarettes diffused into, adding more ambiance to the party.

"I am not," he replied bluntly, a wry, confident smile on his face. "I was thinking about my boy."

one of the girls rolled her eyes, some only swiveled their heads apologetically. two of the four were his friends from high school, and these, knowing him too well, did not even bother to ask.

yedam was in big trouble, being enchanted by one of his group member's charms.

"you miss him." the one with silver, jiggly jewelry pointed out. "this detox you chose to take on ain't much of a help for you."

the superstar, as his close ones liked to call him, excused himself, ignoring or completely forgetting that he had been in the middle of the conversation.

suddenly, his mind, his body, and his heart conjured up that every single cell of his has to go back home.

this one kind of home.

at that time his mind was too clouded to realize how lucky he was to be shrouded in the darkness of the night on the streets. his black face mask was also doing a terrific job, concealing his identity from strangers or curious eyes, sharp tongues, and fleeting shots of cameras.

he got into the taxi, showed the driver an address and the man started the engine.

the displayed screen glowed with treasure members' dorms' address.

since the first day of his official hiatus, which started a few months ago, he hindered living with the members, moving temporarily back to his parent's house.

but here he was, wasted, flushed, with his heartbeat fast and loud, going to a place he repeatedly claimed in his mind as "home, home, home."

slinging some banknotes to the driver, not minding that he left him a hefty sum of a tip, he went out of the car, standing - almost with a decent balance - before the well-known a few storeys building.

"I am home," he whispered, his voice slowly turning into a wilted one, the throat much sore after so many swallows of unpleasantly pungent beverages.

the first storey was his dorm. his, hyunsuk's, yoshi's, and junkyu's. after combating the flight of stairs which never seemed so troublesome before he gave himself a pat on the back, and knocked on the door. well enough, he could have used the bell instead but it would cause a racket, waking up the whole neighborhood.

drunk or not, bang yedam minded his manners.

the whole world seemed still and tranquil for a few seconds, yet more knocks disturbed the serene image of a dark night. yedam knuckles got reddish, but he did not feel it at that time - they will demand attention tomorrow morning, in his hangover.

at last, after the third attempt to make a dent on the doors, some rummaging could be heard from the inside, and the hinges sprang open - a boy in a purple pajama, with blonde, short trimmed hair and puffy eyes looked at the intruder with confusion and annoyance.

yet, the moment his drowsy mind recognized the features, clothes, signature smile, and less familiar, drunk state his jaw dropped.

"d-damie? yedamie?" he stuttered, his voice lower despite his effort to make it sound like he hasn't been brutally woken up a minute ago. "what are you doing here so late at night?"

"I came back home hyung. came back home." the other uttered with an air of solemnity, putting his right hand on his breast.

before hyunsuk's at this moment slow brain could comprehend the statement, he had another body in his arms, hands wrapped around his waist a little clumsily.

he let out a soft sigh. his fingers started caressing one of his members' hair, a heart filled with bafflement before, now felt at ease.

it felt good to have him back again under the same roof. it felt more like home with all the members, although they still weren't complete, one of the voids in his motherly heart brimmed again.

after a cordial, welcoming hug, two of them went inside. for a second it all felt right. like every day, as if nothing has ever happened, no changes have been made.

hyunsuk took a hold of yedam's palm to guide him to the rooms where the rest of the dorm members slept. it so happened that yoshinori fell asleep in hyunsuk's bed this night, with the owner of the room right by his side.

hugging each other at night gave the two of them an immense sense of comfort and security, so it was not that unusual anymore.

what was unusual about this night, was how yedam woke up yoshinori by barging into their bed.

hyunsuk muffled his yelp at the last moment, motioning to stay silent. yedam, as the oldest expected, after meeting with a cozy bed and warm quilts became sleepy in an instant.

"I wanted to..." was the start of his last sentence. "see doyoung..."

at last, his lashes fluttered, hair ruffled on the pillows, and his body in a blanket cocoon provided by his older friends, the boy wrapped up his thought with a nice "oh hello yoshi-kun", finally drowning into the sleeping realm.

yoshinori giggled quietly, kissing hyunsuk on the crown of his head. two of them had to switch the location to the former's room, but having yedam back home again repaid them sufficiently for it.

yedam woke up after a few hours, maybe less, maybe more, he lost a track of time. a glimpse of sunshine was followed by a smell of roses, a pleasant weight on his chest, and a feeling of another body attached to his left side.

he stroked blue, short hair with tenderness.

"good morning doyoung."

"good morning hyung. I am happy to have you back."

this sunrise, after a long, devoid of love and comfort time met two boys in love, waking up next to each other.

// ✧ //

this is how the producers' party night ended, change my mind.