☆.。. mashikyu

junkyu fears he came too late

junkyu's foot was impatiently tapping on the floor somehow a constant but rapid rhythm. the anxiety and morbid fear surging inside him minute by minute, the sounds of steps echoed on the corridor as doctors and nurses on the emergency unit tried to save someone who probably wouldn't be thankful to them.

"please just stay alive... stay alive..." he muttered, his body bouncing to and fro on the uncomfortable metal chair he had spent two hours already. "you cannot go yet I have just found you... you have to find me too..."

he pulled the tips of his strands nervously clenching his hands around his head. he wanted the footsteps to end, he wanted someone to come, put an arm on his, and state with an amiable smile that they did it. they persuaded another soul to remain on earth with other humans and not go beyond the sky.

nevertheless, as another hour came to an end, no one cared about him anymore, more patients started to gather on the ward, the nurse which used to inform junkyu on the progress of the boy's condition was nowhere to be found. probably immersed in other duties she simply dismissed the one in despair. junkyu was left alone, his phone kept on buzzing from time to time but the boy didn't feel like answering any questions at the right moment.

"where are you? did you save him? did you come in time? what happened? junkyu!"

he was too battered to go through everything he saw today again. every time the sight of a body on the floor, white, chalky pills scattered on the floor, the piece of paper where the contraindications were listed cast somewhere, overridden.

in case of an overdose immediately consult the doctor.

but junkyu appeared late, no matter how fast he ran, no matter how many people he pushed on his way, the number of cars that honked because of him meant nothing. despite his inhuman endeavor, the body he held securely in his arms was already colder, lighter, floppier. his imploring to the other "open your eyes please, look at me" was left with no reaction, the eyelids didn't quiver a bit, the lips didn't tremble, didn't even attempt to let out a breath.

"you have to be alive, you haven't even looked me in the eyes..."

the pleads for the other to stay with him are still being repeatedly chanted in his mind. he has been waiting to meet him for twenty-three years but the universe decided to let him know too late.

the one appearing in his dreams every night, the one whose hair has always been ruffled by the wind, the one whose blushing cheeks were the softest, the one owning this affectionate, sincere smile. the one whose name junkyu had known long ago but didn't remember how and where from.

"please find me." was a silent request made by the figure the night before the incident, the night before they finally crossed paths.

merely three hours ago junkyu was on his way to college, walking side by side with his friend. yoshinori was into this matter as much as the other, he was the first and only one to be aware of the bizarre dreams his mate had been having for a long time, he couldn't but see how the other was troubled over it more than usual.

"he asked me to find him." junkyu uttered, fiddling his fingers tensely. "but how can I do it?"

yoshinori sighed, looking up at the sky. the lonely cloud was slowly, graciously making its way forward, trying to catch up with the other woolen cotton distanced by a meter.