☆.。. damhoon

yedam will forever remain jihoon's late-night talks companion

the moon waxed on the dark sky. when jihoon drew the other body closer to his, the light in the room dimmed softly.

"it is not the last time."

he muttered under his breath, nuzzling his nose against dense, fluffy curls. his arms were encompassing his whole world now. it was breathing quietly, the gaze absent as it was watching the walls infused with a yellowish shade of the light bulb.

"it is not the last time."

a lilting voice echoed in the room. jihoon felt a frisson running up and down, from the crown of his head to his toes.

he couldn't see yedam's eyes, but there was a fey flame in them. in its beauty surpassing the moon, in its passion bested any fireplace. sporting hope that brightened it, even more, the boy's orbits were like two zircons, their value immeasurable.

the night coated them, the boys warmed up, melting under each other's touch. yedam's delicate fingers caressed the other's, smiling surreptitiously, reveling at this moment. over it, he would never choose anything else.

jihoon was no longer tear-stained, not shuddering, not brittle. the other promised, and so he came. the nightmare was forgotten, yet not rendered harmless. it might return in the future, however not a soul wanted to worry about what was to come.

they were here and now, just like before, as if no change had ever roiled their trust, devotion, or love.

"I will always come."

yedam spoke again, his head tilting slightly to the side. as he placed his hand on jihoon's cheek, his nails adorned with a silver top coat glistened gaily, the light stirred on the surface. the older leaned to the touch ever so shyly, as if he was approaching a scared cat that could run away from him any second.

a few hours ago yedam received a call. fitful words, rushed breath. when he entered his hyung's room and nestled up to his side, as it was the natural habit they grew, the other was restless, unable to fall asleep again, after the images that flashed before his eyes in the dream.

the nightmare crumbled him, picturing how easy it is to fall apart, lose it all. how menacing solitude can be, and how desolate the world with no hope can be.

at that moment jihoon looked the other in the eyes. a tacit apology came with a peck planted on his lips.

"stay with me."

jihoon stooped closer, reaching for another kiss. their lips pressed against each other for a few prolonged seconds, yedam's arms wrapping the other's nape.

the lights dimmed more, the walls, the ceiling turning greyish, the yellow withering away. jihoon was now hovering over the other, admiring him quietly.

their late-night talks drew them closer. words altering into whispers, whispers into suffocating pauses, silence into the rustling of fabrics, sheets, shortened breaths.

the light was now extinguished. a practiced hand gripped yedam's shirt, lifting it unnoticeably. the younger heaved a long, deep breath, which never got a chance to be puffed out to the air. it was caught by a swift movement of the other pair of lips.

late-night talking. Shared worries, hopes, secrets. jihoon knew since long ago, much longer than others heard about it from yedam. and much sooner have they made a promise.

"I will always remain your late-night talks companion."

after the light was doused, there was nothing left to say. only rustle, tenderness, warmth, emotions, loud heartbeats, and kisses. yedam's favorites. 

// ✧ //

because writing is my therapy after everything that happened, stay strong my fairies ❤