𝟓.𝟏 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I've just been attacked by dementors and I might be expelled from Hogwarts. I want to know what's going on and when I'm going to get out of here.

Harry copied these words onto four separate pieces of parchment the moment he reached the desk in his dark bedroom.

He addressed the first to Sirius, the second to Y/n, third to Ron, and the fourth to Hermione.

"About time!" Harry snarled, as Hedwig landed lightly on top of her cage. "You can put that down, I've got work for you!"

Hedwig's large round amber eyes gazed reproachfully at him over the dead frog clamped in her beak.

"Come here," said Harry, picking up the three small rolls of parchment and tying the scrolls to her scaly leg.

"Take these straight to Sirius, Y/n, Ron, and Hermione and don't come back here without good long replies. Keep pecking them till they've written decent-length answers if you've got to. Understand?"

Hedwig gave a muffled hooting noise, beak still full of frog.

"Get going, then," said Harry. 

But Hedwig didn't return next morning. Harry spent the day in his bedroom, leaving it only to go to the bathroom. Three times that day Aunt Petunia shoved food into his room through the cat flap Uncle Vernon had installed three summers ago.