𝟓.𝟏𝟒 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬

"But why haven't you got Occlumency lessons anymore?" said Hermione, frowning.

"I've told you," Harry muttered. "Snape reckons I can carry on by myself now I've got the basics. . . ."

"So you've stopped having funny dreams?" said Y/n skeptically.

"Pretty much," said Harry, not looking at her.

"Well, I don't think Snape should stop until you're absolutely sure you can control them!" said Hermione indignantly. "Harry, I think you should go back to him and ask —"

"No," said Harry forcefully. "Just drop it, Hermione, okay?"

It was the first day of the Easter holidays and Hermione, as was her custom, had spent a large part of the day drawing up study schedules for the four of them. Ron had been startled to discover that there were only six weeks left until their exams.

"How can that come as a shock?" Hermione demanded, as she tapped each little square on Ron's schedule with her wand so that it flashed a different color according to its subject.

"I dunno . . ." said Ron, "there's been a lot going on. . . ."

"Well, there you are," she said, handing him his schedule, "if you follow that you should do fine."

Ron looked down it gloomily, but then brightened. "You've given me an evening off every week!"

"That's for Quidditch practice," said Hermione. "Y/n's got them too" said Hermione pointed to Y/n's schedule.

The smile faded from Ron's face. "What's the point?" he said. "We've got about as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup this year as Dad's got of becoming Minister of Magic. . . ."

"Now Ron. I won't have it! You're a good keeper. I'm a decent seeker and we have three fantastic chasers."

"No you're getting it wrong. I'm a lousy keeper and we've got two horrible beaters"

Y/n walked over to Ron calmly and Harry she was going to the sympathetic talk that she was so brilliant at, but to his surprise Y/n walked over to Ron and smacked him hard on the head.

"Ouch! Y/n–"

"No! You listen to me Ronald! You're a good keeper but if you think you're bad you will be. You here me? If you don't start believing in yourself this instant. . . " Y/n hesitated. "Um. . . " She looked around the room. "Oh! I'll tell Fred and George to permanently dye your hair and ugly green."

Harry snorted. Y/n glared at him.

"Sorry, sorry. But the best threat you come up with is dying his hair?" said Harry still grinning.

"You got any better ideas Potter?"

Harry shook his head obediently and turned to Ron who actually seemed frightened.

The quartet was silent for a bit. Everyone absorbed in their own work.

"I saw Cho earlier," said Hermione tentatively, "and she looked really miserable. . . . Have you two had a row again?"

"Wha — oh yeah, we have," said Harry,.

"What about?" said Y/n looking up from her Herbology books.

"That sneak friend of hers, Marietta," said Harry conveniently forgetting to mention half the reason he was so mad was because Cho was being weird about Y/n.