𝟕.𝟏𝟑 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲

As the five years went by, each day marked with love, happiness, and contentment, the day approached of Harry and Y/n's union.

The warm summer breeze had chilled as it swept through the chattering autumn leaves of gold. Autumn's sweet breath chills the sleepy land. Amethyst blooms fade under shafts of faltering light, hindered by soft-spun clouds. The lingering sun kisses Y/n's skin as her sparkling eyes dance towards the berries, a gift of red, amidst the rosiness of the leaves.

A bang of a door jerks Y/n out of her thoughts. Hermione barges into the room, a panicked look shadowing her face.

"Merlin she's not ready yet! And where is the world is the twine! I asked Ron to do one simple thing and he–"

"Hermione calm down" Y/n says in a strangely calm voice that surprises herself.

"Calm down?" Hermione chuckles derisively. "The bride isn't ready! The ceremony starts in a few hours! This is an absolute mess–"

"Hey! hey!" comes a deep voice from the door. The red hair of Ron Weasley is apparent next to the pristine white door. "Twine's right here," he says, dangling the bundle of string right in front of Hermione's face.

She sighs slightly before attempting to snatch the twine from Ron's long arms. He raises the string higher.

"I haven't got time for this Ron! Stop it!"

He shakes his head. "Draco, Thomas and I will handle it. You go get ready," he says softly.

"Ron–"

"Neither of you are in your dresses yet–"

"That's her problem! I can change quick!"

"Y/n, please go get ready before Hermione murders you on your wedding day. And you" he says turning back to Hermione, "the maid of honor shouldn't walk down the aisle in leggings–"

"Don't be ridiculous–"

"I will handle it" says Ron firmly before spinning around and shutting the door behind himself.

Hermione bites her lip, looking anxious. Y/n knows her mind can only comprehend the sheer amount of things that still need to be done.

"Calm down, Hermione" Y/n says walking towards her best friend.

"Funny how I'm more panicked than you and its your wedding day."

"I'm just good at hiding it" said Y/n softly. Truth was she was panicking inside.

She wanted this day to be perfect.

Over the last five years since the war ended, everything changed.

Harry and Y/n moved into the Black house once Sirius had redecorated the manor to his heart's desire. The couple knew that the inherited house was not a permanent solution though. They had recently found a quaint little cottage that was nearby to their loved ones yet also provided them the privacy that Sirius usually left no room for.

Hermione and Ron had settled themselves comfortably. Hermione had landed herself a high ranking position in the Ministry already, and Ron had completed Auror training with Harry a few months back.

Y/n, after completing her final year of Hogwarts with Hermione, had earned a healing certification. With her years of training with Madam Pomfrey and natural ability it had been a bit of a breeze. She was still considering the position offered to her at St. Mungo's just a few weeks before.

The war had put everything into perspective for them, and they had all dealt with the realization differently.

Ginny and Thomas had gotten engaged a month after the battle. And two years later they were happily married.