Chapter 10

Jennie's POV

Yesterday when we left Lisa I didn't got any text from her since last night. It's already 11 AM. Is she rebelling over me?

How dare her? Who is she to do that?

"Easy there, you're breaking the pencil. Don't you know a lot of children lack school supplies each year"

"When did you became a youth advocate Chu?"

She sigh "Instead of being a brat, what else do you do in life?"

"You don't fucking care"

"Aish look how brat you are Jennie" she keeps tormenting me about my attitude.

Why does she even care? I've been like this and it doesn't matter.

"It seems like all I can get from you is that ugly face and worst attitude. Bye, see ya at office tomorrow" she wave her hand.

Did she just go here to say those?

I focus back to what I'm thinking a while ago, Lisa what are you playing now? Playing hard to get?

My phone dings I quickly grab it but it makes me disappointed.

The doggo: Wanna hang out? My treat😉

Why did this moron text me.

Me: I have something to do

The doggo: What is it? Maybe I can help you😁

Can't he get it, I'm not in the mood.

Me: It's my business, you're out of it🙄

The doggo: Don't need my help?

Me: I don't so go away shooo🤨

The doggo: 😭😭😭 you're so mean Jennie😭😭😭

I put my phone away. I'm so stress right now.

I'm resting on my swivel chair in my room when I saw a pink box on my sidetable.

Shit.

I forgot Lisa don't have a phone because I broke it. I stood up and pick it up.

"I'll give you to your right owner" I smiled.

Fastforward

I'm already outside her apartment, it was still old and rugged. I drove one of my car since I didn't brought my driver because I want to go alone.

I walk upstairs to where her apartment is, I was engulf by the warm temperature of the building.

I'm holding the pink box on my left hand, I already save the important numbers on her phone specially my number. I don't like that Yeji to invade her private life.

I knock on Lisa's door but nobody answered. I knock for the second time.

"Coming!" a faint voice speak up.

The door opened revealing Lisa on her big sweatshirt and shorts, she didn't saw me since she's busy checking a pack of noodles.

"You come early, I thought you'll drop by at 1" she said.

"Who will come at 1?"

Upon hearing my voice she look up.

"J-Jennie?"

The moment I saw her face I didn't know why my heart skip a beat, but what caught my eyes is the bruises.

"What happened on your face?"

She look away "N-Nothing. W-What a-are y-you d-doing h-here?"

Her voice trembles.

I notice the bruises on her arms and legs too. Her nose had a bandaid, above her left eyebrow there was a cut. Her lips are busted and around her right eye was light purple.

"What happened to you?!?" I said in a stern voice.

She gulp "Ah...I ah...."

"Don't tell me you accidentally trip over and got those in an instant" I crossed my arms "You know what I hate the most, lying"

"I d-don't h-have to t-tell y-you w-what h-happened t-to me. D-Don't a-act l-like you c-care" she turn her back and went on the kitchen.

I admit I was hurt by what she said but she's talking to Jennie Kim. She must not reply like that.

I close the door and followed her.

"I'm your boss, so I need to know" I insist.

"You're inside my home, so it means you're not my boss Miss Kim"

When did she learn to speak to me in that manner?

"Face me when I'm talking to you Manoban"

"Why?" she face me "Does my answer matter to you???"

I suddenly felt guilty. Lisa is giving me lots of emotions today. How can she do that.

"Yes, it matters" I mumbled.

"W-Why a-are y-you h-here?" she ask.

"because I wanted to give you this" I put the phone on the counter top.

She stared at it but push it infront of me "I can't take that"

"Why?"

"I already have a phone" she replied.

I scoff "When did you buy it? Huh?!?"

"You don't care" she retorted.

She's rebelling huh.

I slam my hand on the counter.

"Y-Yeji g-gave it a-as a g-gift" she didn't look me in the eye.

"How did she know your address?!?" I'm fuming mad right now.

"I d-don't k-know"

"Give that phone back to her"

"W-Why w-would I? S-She g-gave it t-to..."

"You'll give it back or what?" I glared at her.

"O-Okay I'll g-give it b-back t-to her" her face becomes sad.

"Sorry" it's my first time saying it.

Every time there's an argument I never say sorry if it's my fault.

She didn't respond. When I look at her she was crying silently.

"W-Wife...*sobs w-why a-are y-you a-always *sobs a-angry at m-me?"

I gulp, I was caught off guard by her actions and by her words. What should I do?

"It's because you're stupid" no it's because nowadays you're gaining attention from other people.

I hate that.

She was still crying when I suddenly hug her, she hug me back.

"Ssssshhhhh it's okay, I'm here" I rub her back "Who did this to you? Huh?"

"A g-girl n-named N-Nancy *sobs s-she said s-she's the d-daughter of o-one of t-the *sobs w-wealthy f-family in S-South Korea. S-She.....s-she t-took a v-video o-of m-me huhuhuhuhu" she cried harder.

My anger issues went high. I better find that girl who hurt my baby.

I suddenly kiss her cheek "Don't worry I'll find her for you"

"I don't w-wanna s-see h-her, s-she'll c-call her d-daddy's men to b-beat me"

We were so close to each other that I badly want to kiss her.

"That won't happen, I promise" I told her as my hand caress her cheek.

"O-Okay" she mumbled.

"Does it hurt?" I trace the wound on her upper eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah b-but Y-Yeji h-help me t-treat my w-wounds" she look away upon saying it.

I kept silent. If we brought her to the mall yesterday this won't happen but it's already done.

"Starting tomorrow you'll be working on the executive's department" I said.

"I-Isn't t-that t-the f-floor w-where yo-.."

"Yes" I slightly tap her cheeks "You'll be working under me from now on, everytime you need to do something either its related to work or not you must report it to me. And.....I'll be the one deciding to any decisions you'll make, do you understand?"

"Yes wife" a while ago her aura was dark but now I can see her brightest smile.

I didn't know I'm smiling at her if she didn't comment about it.

"Waaaahhhh my wife is so pretty when smiling" she pinch my cheeks.

Only Lisa can do this things to me, I don't know why I'm allowing her to be this sweet and funny towards me.

"W-Wife hehehehehe" she scratch her nape "C-Can I t-take a p-picture of y-you while y-you s-smile? Don't worry if you don't like it's okay fo-.."

"Okay" I shortly replied.

I took out the phone I bought for her, everything is already fix. I created accounts for her social media where I'm her only contact so that when she don't answer on one of those accounts I can call her on the other one.

I tuck my hair behind my ear as I smiled.

"So pretty" she said while holding the phone I gave to her "W-Wife....this phone....it's expensive"

"Don't mind about the price honey, you're all covered up by me" I pat his head "Did you like it?"

"Yeah! This phone is much cuter than the one Yeji gave to me. Look there's a sticker, a duck in particular. I like yellow!" her smile is so precious right now.

She didn't know I took a picture of her as she was busy checking out her new phone.

"Okay smile" she said which made me look at her.

I didn't expect it so I don't know what I look like.

"Delete it"

"You're cute here" she showed me the picture.

Not bad.

"Okay you can keep it"

"Yeeeyyyy" she check the photo "Oh....you took pictures"

I use the camera I didn't delete the photos since I want her to keep it.

"Keep it" I said.

"Ofcourse I will! My wife gave me her own photo which nobody ever seen! I love you Jennie" she embrace me.

I didn't move on my place.

She just break the embrace when there's a knock on the door.

"Lisayaaaaa!!!!!"

Lisa look at me her eyes wide open.

"Lisayaaaaa!!!!! Let's go enjoy walking at the park today!!!!" Yeji keeps on calling.

Lisa went for the door, I remained seated at the couch.

"Lisayaaa I miss youuuu" Yeji hug Lisa tightly with a smile on her face.

"We only saw each other yesterday"

"But it feels like eternity" Yeji pouted.

"hahahahaha don't tryna look cute" Lisa pinch Yeji's cheeks.

"I'm not!"

I cleared my throat.

Yeji's smile suddenly fades "What is she doing here?"

There's bitterness on her tone.

"I'm paying a visit"

"After what you did to Lisa tsk, I don't even know what she likes about you"

"Can't you accept the fact that she likes me more than you?" I rolled my eyes.

She smirk "Don't celebrate early Kim Jennie"

"I'm done celebrating Hwang Yeji. Didn't you know in this game you're always the second lead. From school, work and now from the person we like. No matter how hard you try to change the cycle I always stay on top"

She balled her fist "Let's see how far you boast"

"Your life must've been boring"

"Stop it wife" Lisa interfere.

"Why don't you stop her?" I crossed my arms.

"It's because you're the first one who intrigued her. You triggered her patience"

I scoff upon hearing that from her "Are you accusing me of something I didn't do???"

My tone changes.

"I-It's n-not l-like t-that w-wif-.."

"Shut up!" I shouted.

She was frightened on my sudden outburst.

"I think you should leave, you're scaring her"

"Don't act like you're the saint here because we both know you stinks!"

"STOP!!!" Lisa shouted.

She was huffing as she rubs her forehead.

"I'm leaving" I stand up and ready to leave but Lisa grabs my arm.

"Lisa let her go" Yeji hold Lisa's arm.

"Sorry but I need to talk to her"

She let go of Lisa's arm and look away.

I remove Lisa's grip and start walking away leaving them behind. Lisa followed me til we get outside.

"Tell me Lisa....did you change your mind now?" I didn't know what comes to me as to why I've ask that question.

"Change about what?"

"about liking me in the first place!" I didn't face her.

"Jennie....Yeji and I are friends"

"Friends?" this time I look at her "As if" I scoff.

"Why are you so mad? What did Yeji did to you and you're acting weird towards me?"

"She's taking you away from me!"

I don't know what to feel. If I'm angry or sad.....I don't know.

Lisa hug me "Nobody will take me away from you"

"There is Lisa"

"Who?"

"Me. I'll take you"

Yeji's POV

I sigh as I wait for Lisa inside her apartment.

"Lisa, if you'll choose me....I swear I won't let you go" I mumbled.

Lisa is somehow the ideal type that a girl could have for the rest of her life. She's good looking, kindhearted, funny and interesting...let's minus her stupidness.

The door opened revealing Lisa.

"How's the talk?"

"Fine, she listened to me"

I nod.

"Uhm....what shall we do today?" she sat beside me.

I smiled "Let's go at the park, I wanna try the rides"

"Sounds fun! It's been a while since I did those" she happily said.

I hope I'm involved to everything you do, to your loneliest moment and to the happiest one.

"Then we should go and start right away!"

"Yeahhhh!!!!" she stood up "but I need to change first"

"Okay go ahead I'll wait here"

She went on her room, I wanted to go inside but it's her only privacy left. I wanted to see her room.

My phone dings indicating there's a message.

I unlock my phone.

DemonCatcher👿: Stay away from Lisa😠

I scoff. Her audacity to command me makes my blood boil.

Me: Why would I? Who are you to demand such thing?🙄

DemonCatcher👿: Stay away to the point that I won't ever see your ugly face again🙄

Me: Why don't you do it? Since you're the one who don't like to see me, then go away trash🗑🚮

I'm still waiting for her reply.

DemonCatcher👿: Fine, let's play this game. Goodluck to whoever wins😏

The fuck? did she think this is a game?

Me: This is not a game🤬 Lisa is not some kind of prize that you'll take after you win🤬 do you think what you're saying is fun?

"Hey you're so focus on your phone, are you playing a game?" Lisa pops up as I put my phone down.

"Sorry, I just texted one of my employee" I put my phone in my pocket.

"Hmmmm okay, so let's go??" she offer her hand.

She was wearing a beanie, brown shirt paired with black loose jeans and an old converse.

"Do I look horrible?"

"No! I mean no, you don't look horrible. I like your style" I smiled to show my sincerity.

She giggled "We should go if we wanna try all of the rides"

"Yeah"

Fastforward at the park

"Woahhhhh look Yeji there's a ferris wheel!!!" Lisa excitedly point it.

She was like a kid who entered the park for the first time.

"I know dummy I saw it" I chuckled.

"Let's ride!" she drag me but I pulled her back.

"That's the highlight for tonight so we'll ride that last"

"Awwweee" she pouted.

So cute Manoban.

"First let us ride the roller coaster" I pull her towards the booth.

I paid for our entrance fee and buy for the tickets.

"You sure you can ride it? I'm giving you a warning while it's still early" she's mocking me.

"What do you think of me, a coward? Duh even we bet for a hundred dollar, I'll definitely win"

"I don't think so" she chuckled.

"Let the game begin" I smirk.

We both ride the roller coaster.

"Whoever scream first will lose" I challenge.

"Challenge accepted!"

The person I charge check our safety before the ride will start.

"All good!" he shouted.

Lisa grip the bar and inhale deeply.

The ride start to move and the people was screaming and shouting excited for the outcome.

"You still breathing?" I chuckled.

She just nod.

"Geez you should've back out"

"I can beat you"

The ride started to turn and its getting faster.

"Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!" I shouted and hold Lisa's arm.

"Hahahahahahaha you lose!" she's laughing while this ride is making me crazy.

"Smile there's a camera"

I didn't know there's a camera, so I wonder what I look like.

The ride ended after a few minutes, I'm exhausted of all the scream I did. It drained my energy.

"You still breathing? Hahahahahaha"

"Yaaaahhhh it's not even funny!" I whined.

"Let's see the photos" she drag me to the booth area.

"Can we see the pictures?" she ask.

The lady was busy chewing a gum "Yeah, you can pay for it so you can take the picture"

"How much?"

"200 won each"

"We'll take it" I interfere.

"I'll just develop them then, wait for 5 minutes" she move out to her place and went inside a mini door.

Lisa looks at me "Is this what they called date?"

"Hmmm it depends, if it's friendly date or lover's date. But yeah, you can consider this as a date" I smiled "you never dated anyone before?"

"Y-Yeah" she scratch her nape.

"Then I'm your first date???"

She nod.

"Oh my god!" I hug her "then let us enjoy this moment!"

"Yeah" she hug me back.

In this way maybe Lisa would finally see I can be someone whom she can rely on.

We sat for a bit while waiting for the pictures.

"What do people do when they go out on a date?"

"Well, there are planned and unplanned dates. But unplanned dates are better like this one" I smiled.

"aaahhh okay"

"Some people often go on restaurants when having a date, some go on movies. They eat and talk about stuffs which is not really interesting but since they like each other's company, they don't mind about it"

She nod "So it's like what we are doing right now?"

"Yeah"

She kept silent for a moment.

"Your pictures are ready" the girl's voice frightened me.

"How much?"

"It's eight photos, so that's 1,600 won in total" she smiled.

"hmm okay" I pulled out my wallet and get some 2000 won "Here, keep the change"

"Oh thank you so much! You're not just pretty, you're so kindhearted too!"

I smile widely "Don't flatter me miss, I might believe you"

"Well believe me miss" she nod "Your girlfriend is so lucky to have you. Here's your picture together, have a great day!" she smile widely and wave her hand.

"She's not my girlfriend" I said.

I don't like Lisa to feel uncomfortable.

"We're just friends" Lisa added on what I said.

The girl was surprise "Oh I thought....nevermind hahahahaha I'm mistaken. I hope you'll both find your other half"

This lady have a huge sense of humor.

"I hope too"

"I already find mine" Lisa smiled at her.

I was saddened by her answer, she really like Jennie that much. Why it has to be her when it could be me?

"Really? Congrats then!"

"but she didn't like me yet, so I'm still on the process on getting her"

I didn't interfere on their conversation because I can see the happiness in Lisa's eyes everytime her mouth speaks about Jennie.

"You can do it girl. With that charm, I absolutely guarantee that she'll like you back" the girl tap Lisa's shoulder.

"Eh? I should be more charming then"

I took my phone and I've read the message the demon sent to me.

DemonCatcher👿: Give up Hwang Yeji😏 Lisa will never be yours and yes, Lisa is a prize for me. So better play well😏

I want Lisa. If Santa is real then I'll send Christmas cards on north pole, not only one but millions. I'll write down Lisa's name on it and ask him to give her to me as a gift but......

Lisa already choose to be with someone....

And that someone isn't me.

(To all my readers, I'm so sorry if I publish it late😔 I had overtime at work online and I didn't notice the time. I'm so sorry for keeping you wait😔😔😔😔)