Chapter 12

Jennie's POV

That day, when I saw Lisa with Yeji.... I felt uncomfortable seeing them together. It feels like Lisa is a valuable item that should belong to me.

So we had an small talk.

Flashback

"Tell me Lisa....did you change your mind now?" I didn't know what comes to me as to why I've ask that question.

"Change about what?"

"about liking me in the first place!" I didn't face her.

"Jennie....Yeji and I are friends"

"Friends?" this time I look at her "As if" I scoff.

"Why are you so mad? What did Yeji did to you and you're acting weird towards me?"

"She's taking you away from me!"

I don't know what to feel. If I'm angry or sad.....I don't know.

Lisa hug me "Nobody will take me away from you"

"There is Lisa"

"Who?"

"Me. I'll take you"

She didn't move. So I break the hug.

She stared at me, I was caught on a daze by her brown orbs.

"J-Jennie"

"Lisa" I close my eyes and I don't know why I suddenly kiss her on the lips.

It feels right to do that, it was my first kiss. Her lips are soft even if it looks rough because of the few cuts.

I open my eyes and I saw how shock she is. I'm also shocked of what I did, I started to panic.

"J-Jen.." she hold her lips.

"Forget that happened" I step away but she grab me.

"Y-You k-kiss m-me and t-then w-wanted m-me to f-forget a-about it?" she stuttered.

"Yes, so stop bothering me about it. And promise me you'll never tell anyone, not even to your closest friend" I threaten.

Her brows crease "W-Wife I c-can't just a-act l-like n-nothing happened"

"Lisa! It was a mistake. That kiss was a mistake! Okay? So stop nagging like we'd done having sex. It was a mistake!" I whisper shouted.

"I uhm..." her eyes are getting teary, her lips tremble "S-Sorry J-Jennie"

I feel weird when she calls me by my first name.

"I swear Lisa, if anyone knew about what happened....I'll surely fire you"

I walk away. I didn't heard her call me or even stop me, after a few steps I look back.

I saw her crying silently while her head is hanging low, she wipe the tears away and head back to her apartment.

In that moment I felt guilty but at the same time scared, I'm scared that one day I'll feel what Lisa feel towards me.

End of flashback

"Done daydreaming?"

I jump out of my seat "Fuck Chu!" I shouted at her.

"Well fuck you too Jenduekie, I've been calling out for you but all you do is staring at nothing" she rolled her eyes.

"Why are you here????" I get my pen and start playing it using my fingers.

"You already had something to wear?"

I scoff "is that what you came here for??? Ask me if I already chose something to wear?"

"Yeah, is it bad? Tsk"

"Where's Chaeng?"

"She's at the cafeteria grabbing some snacks" she pulled out her phone.

"I already chose a dress, mom and dad will be attending the event"

"Oh auntie will attend? It would be risky then" Jisoo said while busy playing in her phone.

My brow crease "What do you mean by risky?"

"Don't act dumb Jen, you know what I'm talking about"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I'm saying it's risky because you know your mom is being a perfectionist"

My mom is such the most picky person, she don't like me making friends with people she knew that would be a bad influence.

"Where's V?"

"He's currently digging his own grave"

Jisoo scoff "I'm not joking Jenduekie!"

"He got home, I don't care wherever he goes tsk"

The door opened.

"Hello!" Lisa entered.

She look cheery and joyful.

"Don't feel at home monkey" Jisoo glared at her.

Lisa stick out her tongue "You don't care ugly turtle!"

"What did you call me????"

Jisoo stood up and ready to plunge at Lisa.

"You're both being childish"

I sip on the milk I'm currently drinking.

"Waaaahhh you're drinking the milk I gave you!!!" Lisa went on the chair across from my table.

"And so what?"

"You're such a bipolar Jennie" Jisoo complained.

"Did you already have an escort for tomorrow's event???" Lisa's eyes sparkle as she look at me.

Why is she so eager to escort me? It's not like I'm a hostage that needs to be taken care of.

"Yes"

Her expression suddenly got sad "Too bad. I wanted to be your escort"

"You can't moron! Her mom and dad will come, so careful on meeting them especially her mom" Jisoo said.

"Your family will come??? I wanna meet them wife!"

"Don't you dare do anything dumb Manoban, you don't know my mom"

"That's why I want to meet her, so I'll know what kind of woman raise my wife" she smiled.

Jisoo made a face "Damn, you're one hella stupid kid"

"What did I miss?" Rosé entered while eating some chips.

"Me" Jisoo pouted.

"Rosé!!!!" Lisa exclaimed.

Chaeng shrieked "Lisayaaaaaa!!!"

They both hug like they've never seen each other for a long time.

"You like chips?" Chaeng put some chips on Lisa's mouth.

"Whyyy it turned out like this???" Jisoo stomp her feet "I'm the first one to react but this monkey is stealing my girlfriend's attention from me"

She separated them.

"Don't get near my girlfriend!" Jisoo hug Chaeng who is busy munching her chips.

"Chu, you're being exaggerated. Lisa aren't doing anything"

"That's the point! She's not even doing anything but she always got your attention" she pouted.

Chaeng giggled "I have a jelly girlfriend"

"Hmmmppp"

Lisa was smiling while watching the two make up to each other.

"Have you seen the photo I've sent?" I went beside her.

We both watch the two argue.

"H-Huh? P-Photo???"

I slowly look at her "You didn't?"

"I uhm...I d-didn't y-yet c-check my p-phone"

"You should always check your phone, like every goddamn minute" I scoff.

"Hehehehe w-wife"

"Check the photo"

She pull out her phone from her pocket, "This one?"

"Yeah that one"

"What does this picture mean?" she has a confuse expression.

"What do you do with that?"

"Wear them?"

"Exactly"

"but how can I wear them if it's not here?" she's the absolute dumb person I've ever met.

I mentally facepalmed "Someone will deliver them at your apartment, he will wait for you and bring you to the event tomorrow"

"Oh like a personal bodyguard?"

"Not really"

"Oh like a personal butler then?"

"it's not, aish can you please listen to me first"

She kept quiet.

"Okay as I said earlier someone will deliver this to you, he will wait until you finish. Then you'll both go to the event. Text me if you already arrive" I gave instructions.

She nod "Can I meet your mom at the party? Pretty please?"

"Lisa it's not easy as what you think it is, mom is.."

"I don't care, she'll like me I swear hehehehe" she smiled.

Such a headache "Whatever, you'll never listen to me anyway"

"Kim Jisoo!"

Uh oh trouble.

"Sorry huhuhuhuhu"

Once Chaeng called somebody in their full name, for sure it means trouble.

"We'll talk later" she glared at my cousin.

Jisoo was teary eyed "Babe I'm so sorry"

"I said we will talk later" Chaeng remove Chu's hands that is securely wrap on her waist.

"Sorryyyy"

"Do you really want to make it worst????"

Jisoo immediately break the hug "Babeeeee"

"Tsk" Chaeng continued eating her chips.

"You" I point at Lisa "Get back to work, I didn't put you in my department to slack off"

"I'm not slacking off, Sandara unnie ordered me to come here and get the files"

I close my eyes in annoyance "You came here for some files....."

"Yeah"

"but you first slack off rather than doing what is being ordered to you"

"no"

"Then why the fuck didn't you told me you're getting something from me?!?" I scold.

She step back a little "I got distracted!"

"Distracted?!?"

She nod "I forgot what I'm supposed to ask when I saw your face hehehehe"

"Don't make an alibi Manoban"

"What? I can't tell the truth now? I'm not lying" she's still reasoning out.

I went on my table and get the files, I went back at her and gave it.

"Here are the files, now get out and do your job"

She pout "Okay wife"

Jisoo and Chaeng was still arguing when Lisa walk pass at them, she wave them goodbye but only Chaeng wave back. Jisoo glared at her.

I watch how she step out the door, I sigh as I saw her going to her table where Sandara is.

"You're not still done arguing?"

"I'm done but your cousin isn't" Chaeng snob Jisoo.

"Sorry babeeee I'll make it up to you, I didn't mean to get jealous"

"You're getting jealous about me and Lisa's closeness? My god keep your feelings on place Jisoo, it's not like I'll take your side all the time"

"I need to cancel all my appointments today Chaeng, we will fetch mom and dad from the airport" I interfere from their conversation.

"Omo! Your mom and dad had arrived??? Scary!!!" Chaeng giggled.

I rolled my eyes "Stop acting, you know they love you so much than Jisoo"

"Ah yeah you're right hahahahaha"

Jisoo sulk on the corner.

"I'll just cancel your appointments then" she get the tablet on her table and start typing.

"Jisooya"

"What?!?"

"Quit sulking, mom will have a small talk to you later"

Her eyes widen "About what????"

"I don't know, I'm not mom"

"Useless"

"That's you"

"I'm done!" Chaeng shouted.

"What time aunt and uncle arrived?"

"4"

Chaeng reacted "Ahhhh I miss them"

"I don't" Jisoo pouted.

Today will be a great day and tomorrow, I'm not sure of what may happen. I hope everything fall into the right place.

Taehyung's POV

Jennie is giving me less attention since I came back from America. She acted colder towards me, is it because I left her 2 years ago?

"Mr. Kim" a girl bowed.

"Good you come here, I have a favor. Maybe you can help?"

She smiled "Ofcourse I can help you"

This girl is one of the employees working under the executives department.

"On the event tomorrow, there'll be a preparation. I want you to let Lisa wear the mascot" I smirk.

She nod "I'll do that Mr. Kim"

"Make sure she won't ever enter the hall, let her stay outside"

"Copy"

She gave me a thumbs up.

I pull out an envelope on my pocket containing money.

"Here's a little help from me, this will set as a reward"

"Thank you Mr. Kim"

"I hope I can call you again for future purposes"

"You can count on me Mr. Kim"

I smiled "You can go now"

She bowed "See you around Mr. Kim"

I nod. The moment she left I comb my hair in frustration, she's disgusting. It's disgusting to act nice to people I needed on my plans, but I have to act good.

"What a nice day tomorrow" I hummed.

I enter my car and start the engine, I drive away. Maybe a couple of drinks would do today and ofcourse some cute girls.

I type on my phone searching for my friends group chat. And when I did found it, I called them.

"Hello"

"Dude long time no call, lemme guess. Going for a drink??" he chuckled.

"You're already right even if he didn't yet answered, he only calls us when he wanna hang out"

I chuckled "Hey that's not true! So what do ya think?"

"Kay. Will be there at 6"

"Good"

"But ofcourse its your treat" they chuckled.

"Sure"

This will be fun.

Lisa's POV

I'm busy fixing my coat when Sandara unnie interrupt me.

"Hey buddy! Wanna hang out tonight?"

"Sorry unnie but I really don't drink" I scratch my nape.

She smack my head "I don't drink tsk, you work at a bar. You're close with the owner and you went home drunk the last time you party. Don't fool me Lalisa"

"Unnie why do you wanna ask me out?"

"it's because you're easy to fool, let's grab a drink to the bar you're working at and ofcourse I wanna meet your friends too"

"Not gonna happen, I'm preparing for tomorrow's event"

She laugh "Preparing? It's not like people would like to meet you monkey"

"I don't care about the people"

"Then what's the preparation for?" she chuckled.

"I'm going to meet my wife's parents hehehehe"

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim? Gosh don't do that" she warned.

"Why does everyone keeps saying that?!? Do they eat human?"

"Not really, but they do torture"

My eyes widen "Torture?"

"Yeah, they judge you just by merely looking at your appearance"

I listen intently, maybe I can get some tips on how to impress my in laws.

"Eh? Are they that scary?"

"Yeah, one time Jennie has a suitor but he end up cursing them"

I suddenly felt scared for my life but no I won't back out.

"You scared now kiddo?"

"A little but I think I can handle"

She tap my shoulders "That's my girl! Always go for it! Jennie always has her eyes on you"

It's the second time I heard that, do I have Jennie's eyes?

"About asking me out, I won't go. I'll pass"

She nod "It's okay, Jennie will kill me if I did let you go with me"

"Why would she kill you?"

"It's because she let me uh...nothing hehehehe"

She's weird.

"I'm going. Wish you luck for tomorrow!" she wave goodbye.

I made a face "Okay that was weird"

I face my computer and started working on the left files. My mind is filled with the possible things that might happen on the event, is that how evil her family is? I guess not.

My phone rings, the one Yeji gave and she's calling me.

"Hello Yeddeong!" I cheerily greeted.

"Hello Lili! I miss you!"

We both gave each other's nicknames since it's a little bit formal if we use our first names.

"Awwweee miss you too idiot, why the sudden call? Is something up?" I worriedly ask.

"No. I called because I've heard about the event that will be held tomorrow. I'll be there so....I called if you'll be there too" I can sense the excitement on her voice.

"Ofcourse I'll be there"

"Yeyyyy!!!! Sit beside me okay?"

"Okay"

"Lisa" someone called out my name.

"Wait a minute yeddeong, this won't take long"

"Sure go ahead, I'll wait"

I got near to the person who called me "yes?"

"Bring this to Miss Jennie's office, tell her she needs to sign it before the messenger get them" he said.

I can still sense that people here dislike my presence, I can see on their faces the disappointment.

I wonder what I did wrong, is it because I'm dumb?

"Okay I'll give it to her" he hand me the documents.

I get it from him and start to walk into my wife's office. But before I could enter I overheard their conversation.

"What are you really up to Jennie? Are you giving a chance to Lisa? Or you're just fooling around?" that was Jisoo's voice.

"I can't say straightly to her that I'm doing this because I pity her, you can absolutely see Jichu that Lisa needs attention" her words cut me deep, so deep that I think it would be a long time before it could be healed.

I swallowed even though my throat is dry.

"Jennie, I've told you before don't make her..."

"I know that Chu, that making her hope will break her"

I was standing still infront of her office door.

"Then why are you keeping her close to you?!?" I don't know if Jisoo starts to get annoyed.

It was silent for a split second.

"It's because it's what I want, it's what my mind tells me to do!"

At that moment, I feel like something block my ears. I can't hear the noises inside this four walled office, all I hear is the way I breath.

"Jennie. You're being unreasonable" Jisoo commented.

I breath in and stop myself from crying, Lisa you can do this. It is what you wanted from the start, you've told yourself that you're willing to get hurt no matter what.

Now that you're here, there's no turning back.

I knock before opening it, I put on a fake smile.

"Hello again!" I wave.

"Have you been there for a long time???" Jisoo stood up from where she seated.

"Nope, I just newly arrive. Why? Is there something wrong?" I acted.

She hesitate to answer "N-Nothing"

"What brings you here?" Jennie still has her poker face on.

As I watch her I wanted to cry but I refrain myself "Uhm you need to sign this documents"

I put the files on her table as I stand across from her.

She check it one by one before signing.

"Here" she slightly push them infront of me.

"O-Okay I'll...uhm I'll g-get g-going" I turn around and fastly walk away.

I didn't know I'm clenching my fist that hard.

"Here's the files" I put it on the table of the guy who ordered me.

"Thanks"

I went on my table, I continue my job like I've heard nothing. I focus so much in my work that I didn't even notice time flies easily.

It's already 4:49, a few minutes away before my shift ends.

"Have you decided on what to wear for tomorrow?"

"I'll wear the blue polo, how about you?"

"I'll wear something more formal"

I heard my workmates share a conversation.

"You've been in deep thought monkey, what's bothering your empty mind?"

Sandara unnie showed up.

"Nothing, just tired"

"Don't lie, even if you're tired you don't act exhausted" she point out.

I sigh "It doesn't matter, I'm just thinking about the party"

"Don't worry much, I got your back"

I smiled "Thanks unnie, even though you only met me today you're so nice"

"This is only a free trial, once it's expire you should pay for the premium fee"

We both laugh.

"I won't pay for the premium, just let me show who you really are"

She smack my head "This is the real me hahahahahaha"

I pout, Sandara unnie is such a mood. I think she'll be my guardian angel in this department.